Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

esva fog lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 15:30    Post subject: esva fog lights Reply with quote

can anybody tell me the following please

rear fog, this according the sva docs should have an illumination when pressed, this is not wired onto the loom. Has anybody got through without this ?

Front fogs, have removed the yellow ones and am left with two big white fogs operated from a fog switch on the dash. There is also an A and B position on the switch next to it what are rules here please

Guy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 15:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guy and welcome to the club :D

For all sva queries this is the right forum to be in http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=09154e199e2d6596970a8d69aa74ee8a
that should answer your queries on the esva ,the foggers you have removed is correct.you will also need to remove the other fog lights as well,you will not get through the esva with them on (i expect someone will prove it can be done tho lol Laughing )i know when mine went through not only did they remove the lamps but also the whole of the loom for the lamps as well!!!!!!

Basically matey if you take a look at the link i think it will tell you whats what and whats not so to speak,hope it helps atb

Marc 8)

guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 19:15    Post subject: Fogs Reply with quote

Smile thanks Marc I will do that
petemillis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Marc, Guy and everyone else........
Guy, re the rear foglight....it's pretty easy. If you've got front fogs then you'll find that on the dash you have a switch for the front foglights and a blanking plate next to that. Pull out the switch for the front fogs and find the lead that supplies this switch with +12v when the dipped beam headlamps are on. Splice into this for the +12v to go to a switch for the rear foggy which you can fit into the blanking plate.
Alternatively, remove the steering column shroud and on top of the steering column you will find the block connector for the stalk that works the lights. Switch on dipped beam headlamps and poke around in the connector with a multimeter probe (obviously with the other multimeter lead touching a suitable earthing point) and look for the leads with +12v. Then turn the lights off. You want one that is switched on and off with the lights. I think it's green with a coloured stripe or bands around it and it's the second from top wire on one side of the block connector but can't remember which! You can then use this as the +12V to go to the foggy switch. There's no need to add any other inline fuses as the supply to the lights is fused anyway.
You won't get through the SVA or the MOT unless you use a switch that has a tell-tale indicator. Also remember that for SVA you will need to secure the the cable for the rear foggy to the wiring loom every few inches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: