Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Just bought a tow bar and need help with Lek Trikkth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Just bought a tow bar and need help with Lek Trikkth Reply with quote

Good evening everyone....

I got up at 5am this morning and and left Cwmbran for a nice liyyle trip up to Nuneaton to Towequipe.

I arrived there at 0755 hrs and had enought ime for a marvellous bacon and sausage torpedo roll from the cafe on the main road road the corner. I had a massive flask of tea to wash it down and read hte paper for a half hour before they opened.

Anyway, bought a towbar from them ( single electric ) for wait for it.......

£117.54....total ( for the bars, electrics, 2 towball covers and a bumper plate )

Got back at 1055 hrs, had a cup of coffee and set to work fitting.

I had some trouble trying the find all of the holes needed for the brackets and realised I had to make my own !!....

Could not find an 11 mm drill bit anywhere so got one from B&Q for £8.

Drilled all the holes, fitted all the bit together rather loosely and then nipped everything up evenly.

What a great bit of tow bar fitting I have to say. Took me 2 hrs or more to sort it out. Could have done with another pair of hands at times ( trying to fot the whole thing fully assembled !! )

Realised it was much easier to fit bracket by bracket and then bolt the lot together afterwards.

I now have a problem, I have looked at the elctrics pack and I'm stuck. I've got an electric socket thingy attached to a plate that sits behind the towball ( with thick 6 core flex hanging out the back of it ), 3 cable ties and a little black tube like plastic case thingy with 5 wires coming out of wrapped in elastic bands and a pack of scotch blocks.

I must say the towbar is really well designed and fits snuggly right up behind the back cross member and still leaves you room to allow the spare wheel to be dropped down if needed.

The instructions are with it but not sure where to start.....

any ideas anyone ?

thanks

Notty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

notty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

just noticed the spelling.....atroshus
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to go here:

http://www.fittinginstructions.co.uk/

and find the instructions.

I put my wiring mostly into the passenger side tail lights, and put the beeper box in the compartment for the jack IIRC.
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, maybe i lied, I just looked there, but couldn't find them, but I have the same towbar, and did fit it myself, I just Can't remember where I got the wiring info from...
BadgeStar

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what your little black tube case thing is but the six wires coming out of your socket should be ............

Yellow............Indicator L/H
Blue...............Rear Fog Light
White.............Earth
Green............Indicator R/H
Brown............Tail Light R/H
Red................Stop Lights
Black..............Tail Light L/H & Number Plate Light

Easiest to connect these using ScotchLocks to nearside tail light wiring but you will have to pick up the R/H tail light from the off side with an extra length of wire running across the back of the vehicle under the carpet.

Barry.
notty

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wring. I'm going to start again !! using what you've posted Badgestar.

My effort isn't much of an effort I can say.....( the black tube box thingy is an audible alert to tell me if they are working )

Maybe time to get a profesional to sort it,.... I've had 2 goes now...do I go down the trial and error route or the lazy route...for £15 ? ( quoted by a towbar fitter locally )

Notty
safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buzzer will buzz every time the indicator flashes on the trailer/caravan, if no buzz can be heard this means the indicator on the trailer/caravan is not flashing.Legal Requirement for towbar electrics.

All so have a look here may be helpful also lots of diagrams. http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/towbars.html

Hth
    Eddie
notty

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgeStar wrote:
Don't know what your little black tube case thing is but the six wires coming out of your socket should be ............

Yellow............Indicator L/H
Blue...............Rear Fog Light
White.............Earth
Green............Indicator R/H
Brown............Tail Light R/H
Red................Stop Lights
Black..............Tail Light L/H & Number Plate Light

Easiest to connect these using ScotchLocks to nearside tail light wiring but you will have to pick up the R/H tail light from the off side with an extra length of wire running across the back of the vehicle under the carpet.

Barry.

Used your wiring colours above and everything worked perfect. Took a while to realise what was what seeing as I had already done it twice ( you wouldn't believe how many scotch locks have been used in the process.....

All the caravan lights now work and just got a light out on the the left hand side of the number plate so all in all a very good job and thakyou all for your help especially to badgestar.....

Great help

Notty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: