Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Brean meet, 24-26th April 2009

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 19:53    Post subject: Brean meet, 24-26th April 2009 Reply with quote

A quick post from on-site. Weather a bit blustery with showers etc. Some of us went to the beach today (Saturday)

More later...
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 19:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Carstairs
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 20:14    Post subject: Nice pic Reply with quote

Nice pic Rusty. I see Ange decided to go to the beach after all.
Hope you are all having a good time.
:D
MrBin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's electronic compass needs resetting, they're parked 90 degrees out  Laughing
Nice line up all the same.
iluvmydeli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you all going tomorrow (Sunday) as we may come along.
leeandeb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we have just got back in from brean and it was our 1st ever camping trip  Laughing
and the last Crying or Very sad  Laughing
the wife kids did not like it so we have to get a caravan and keep the big top for france/spain  :D

it was a fantastic weekend ( we loved it ) every one made us feel at ease, it was nice to catch up with the rest of the mafia gang and meet new people.

sorry we was not about to much as baby had conjunctiv eyes so could not go in the wind ( did it bow  Shocked  ) and court said her blood was frozen, this was down to my bargin tent more than anything as it was a summer tent with MASSIVe vents !!!! that blew cold air all the time.

bugboy and family, thanks for all your help with tent and kids.
bazza for keeping me gigling all the time ( last day, he left pole in tent and tried to fold it ) and of course to meet Ange and alike.

we will meet you all agin some day, maybe even in a Deli ( lottery willing ((  as once bitten twice shy.... dam cam chain )) .
4X4'S WORKING WITH THE EMERGENCY SERVICES
Devon Mafia
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i made it back okay and i hope you all did too although 2 thirds of the journey were done at 45 miles an hour due to my recurring gearbox fault(Wales looks like a no no now) but the last 30miles it worked okay.
But anyway it was good to meet you all in the flesh although the weather did not help and to see that some of the nicknames for people and Deli's were very apt(Bugboy and Chucklebus spring to mind). :D It was also nice to meet a couple of superheroes batman and superman who sorted out security for us.
Cheers All
Bazza
ps Someone said the invisible man was there as well but i did not see him. Wink

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
bugboy76

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D

Hi all we made it back all okay and a whole lot better for the wonderful experience of world of Deli.

Great to catch up with the Mafioso crew but also to meet new friends. We all had a great time, just a shame I had to work Sat pm.

Many things have happened over the weekend that will effect us for the rest of our lives. I am going to have to find feeds for the lights I now want to install.

The kids all want to go offroading now ( thanks for that Baz )

Sharon is willing to drive for more than an hour to meet up with you all again ( she never drives for more than about 45 mins usually )

A big thank you to Denise ( Cruzin's missus ) as we now know our 19 year old will not be coming home to tell us he got his girlfriend pregnant  hilarious

Thanks also to Dave & Rosie for looking after Sharon whilst I was away , Pad  joker  for entertaining the kids , Ian for arranging the meet, Bill for the wine and anyone else who I forgot  :?

Looking forward to seeing all the pics etc, I have some from Sat night that might need to censored my mod before posting  Wink

Hope you all got back okay safe, sound and bring on the next one.

All the best

Bugsy & Co

thumbup

Master Yoda c1980
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we're back and just had a great BBQ in the setting sun that we canceled from Saturday night on site due to the wind!!!
Certainly another meet to remember Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Got some more piccies, which I will post later, when I have a chance to catch up...

It was great to see all the old faces and indeed lots of new ones Razz

Until then, thanks again to IanFJ for sorting the site. It has got me thinking of doing another New Forest meet. I will see if I can sort out a field for us to use again. The only problem may be getting toilet facilities Rolling Eyes

Cheers for now...
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBin wrote:
Someone's electronic compass needs resetting, they're parked 90 degrees out  Laughing
Nice line up all the same.

Oops that was me i would have been happy to move for the photo.  SadI was sitting that way so i could look at every one getting pulled up the beach and in to the air by the kites they were flying in the gale force winds.

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Lee not mention he was a birthday boy.
Bazza occasion4

bugboy76

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasion4

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE

wav

From the Bugsy Brigade

thumbup

Master Yoda c1980
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

BE AFRAID...

Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great weeekend,a few thanks are in order,
First to Ian for the organising and for the BBQ.
Next to Dave for the inflight entertainment Laughing  Laughing  Laughing ,all those who were there will know what I mean Laughing
Thanks to the Super Heroes for putting in an appearance ,sorry I missed Batwomen,or maybe not.
And thanks to Gordon and Denise for the awning,pity about security Smile
Lovely to meet everyone and to put faces to names.

Bill
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian for setting up the meet, unfortunately we could only come down for the day - but what a day !!!!

It certainly blew the cobwebs out - we had a great time, thanks to one & all....
It was great to put some faces to names (even if I have forgotten them now) but still very nice to meet other members for a laugh.

My lad now wants an electronic noise thing like Paddy in our wagon (No not "Paddy" just his bull horn that is !) !!!
(thanks for the tea, cake & scoobie snacks Pad)

I have wind of a few cheap caravans local to us, so I am going to sneak off in the week to have a look....
If not I will have a look at those tear drop thingies !!!
cheers Dave (I still think the 4m kite was best) !!

Baz, thanks for the fun detour and the nice pub - even if all those other splitters ran back to the camp site - Which unfortunately meant we didn;t get chance to say good bye properly to everyone... sorry, but hopefully we can meet you all again sometime.

I have some photos - Pad, make sure you print up any of you guys at night, with your lights shining bright.

Oh - how lucky are we !, when we arrived on site it was apparent our bonnet cowl for the intercooler had let go & was awol - On our way back home, just as we came off the dual carriagway 1/2 mile from home - there it was in the gutter on the other side, so a quick U turn later (off the carriageway) we got it back and now I need to find a way to glue it back on...  
Anyway here are our mobile phone photos of Saturday...

We will have to come to another meet so we can bring out trailer tent next time.

Thanks again.

Noisey.
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from Ange where are all the L300's????
Jackdaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to Ian for organising this weekend meet at Brean 8-) . It was a great weekend for us both.  Its always good to see happy Delica owners :D

Cheers matey, it was a nice turnout, with a good mix of vets, and new faces. Is it only nice people that buy Delicas???

Rosie got a shot of me relaxing on the beach. Please excuse the skid marks Shocked

This one just made me laugh, It's me with my special mate, or should that be special needs mate Laughing  

And them there was this one Rolling Eyes

We had a great time,Meet and greet Friday was great. We didn't get to bed till 3 ish. Time flies when your having fun.

Fun on the beach with the kites and Ians bar-b.

Thanks to uncle Baz we had a good drive to Cheddar on Saturday afternoon followed by a taste of Crusin's hospitality Saturday night, not forgeting Mrs crusings entertainment Embarassed  

We had a cool convoy out to Weston today. 8-)  

Thanks to everyone for coming and having fun .

I know I've only done the bulit points ,but the weekend was full of meeting new friends, inspiring and being inspired, and creating great memories.
Ther are soooo many thing over the weekend, you really had to be there to get the full flavour Laughing  

swizZer wrote:
Apart from Ange where are all the L300's????

The other 300 turned up on Sunday afternoon, just as we were on our way to Weston. Looks like L300's are rare, or they don't like coming out Laughing  Laughing

looking forward to the next one already

Dave
BFG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had work on Fri and Sat so couldn't make it till the Sunday (I was the other L300 driver).
I knew something was up when the old welsh guy opposite made me and the wife a coffee as we
were setting up the awning (nice guy) and he mentioned that the Mitsubishi rally guys were a bit loud
the night before hehe (he probably put sleeping tablets in our coffee lol).
I also guessed as much yakking over the CB on the way in, hearing about certain persons not going out
for the day due to steaming headaches Razz

Ange is lovely, as I knew she would be by her forum activities, sorry we didn't say bye hun, but didn't want to wake you up
so early. Absolutely hammered down with rain from 1am onwards today, kids got wet/cold/miserable so we all huddled in
the Deli till 7am, packed up and decided to go home a bit early. Ta for loan of ground sheet Neil, you are a star! will hand it
back next meet.

Gutted we missed the drinking sessions/days out and the super-hero meet, would have brought my Obi-Wan costume If
I was there Razz

Was still nice meeting everyone, even if it was only for a short time, being able to put faces/real names to forum
names now is great :D Next time I will MAKE SURE I'm off for the whole week end.

Dreaming of what MOD to do next!
devondragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you all had a great time!!!

Shame we missed it Crying or Very sad  But after MOT'ing the dragon this last week had no money left for diesel, will have to start saving for the next meet!

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."
Ange

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what can I say.....but what a great meet....Smile

Big thanks to Ian for arranging it, and for the BBQ...Smile

And it was lovely to meet everyone, and great that even by half way through the weekend I felt really at home, like I known you all for ages....so thanks to everyone for making me so welcome...Smile

BFG....you should have woken me cos I'd got the electric kettle and the fan heater.....you could have had them both and kept warm and had hot drinks till you set off....

Pad....thanks for rocking caravans and running off and blaming me....SmileSmile

Dave....what can I say about the beach entertainment.....Smile  Your impersonation of Mary Poppins flying through the air was wonderful...Smile

When I came away this morning, Dave and Elaine were wondering whether to let their trailer tent dry out.....but I got as far as Berrow and the heavens opened.....so I didn't envy them having to pack up in all that.

It was nice to see Dave and Rosie again....see you both soon ...Smile

Anyway.....thanks to all of you for your hospitality and company over the weekend.....SmileSmile

Ang x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly forgot.....thanks to the ones convoying for keeping little Milo in the middle so he didn't get lost....SmileSmile

Ang x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: