Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

EGR Stop smoking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BfdAndy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 15:59    Post subject: EGR Stop smoking? Reply with quote

I have quite a fair bit of smoke first thing in the morning and was wondering if it will stop if I fit an EGR blanking kit? Any side effects to using an EGR kit? Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 15:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

BfdAndy

If the smoking goes away once warm then it is possibly more down to a glow plug gone or going and or your busbar or glow plug solenoid / cables.

If the egr valve was at fault you would get the black coughing smoke once warm at low revs decreasing with high revs. & continue thro the day.
So if you were to blank the egr you wouldn;t loose the smoke on start up.

you can adjust the various pump / tps settings to avoid smoke but it is quite technical you may have to wait for some one cleverer than me or spend some time searching thro threads.

Noisey
BfdAndy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noisey

I have already changed the busbar as it was spluttering quite badly when first started and that seems to have gone now, I will get the glow plugs done after I have had my timing chain done.

Thanks
Andy
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

BfdAndy

You know you can test the plug in situe ?
Put a votmeter, set to read resistance 0 - 10 ohms should be okay, on the tip of the plug (busbar removed) and the other lead on the engine, near the plug & it should read a resistance - I Can't remember the right resistance (1.5 / 1.75 rings a bell but I can;t remember exactly) but all 4 should be almost the same.
I had a look in Russek manual but couldn;t find it, but in the haynes Paj manual it quote 1 ohm for the 2.8l although I think mine was higher but not as high as 2 ohms.
I am sure there are threads on it. If it helps I have a note of some threads...
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1705&highlight=glow+plugs
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23808&highlight=glow+plugs
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24445

I had the same with 4 I put in last year. Just as the year expired one went and by measuring the resistance it is easier to find the duff one rather than pulling all 4 out - especially as I creamed one over tightening the little nut when putting the busbar on.

I made my own busbar with some brass strip from B&Q & a bolt between 1 & 2 to fix the cable to.

At least you could eliminate the plugs without first buying a set, I got a replacement set from the club shop.

A 12mm long reach socket helps with plug removal.

Good luck.

Noisey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: