4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Mudflaps offroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Mudflaps offroad Reply with quote

Hello All
I am going to try some gentle greenlaning next week Salisbury Plain possibly(nowt round here) nothing to serious just having a tickle but i have semi rigid mudflaps on my standard height Deli so how will they fare when i start the harder off road stuff.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jaf1968
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're still there when your done - they'll be fine Wink

J
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no mate, no good at all. You will have to have AT LEAST a 20ft lift otherwise bad damage can be done Wink

See I have a sense of humour as well Laughing
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice but if i go back to pick up a lost mudflap i might rip another one off.
Oh dear what a conundrum.
Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 foot lift? i cannot get up and in it gracefully at all as it is good for spotting the way ahead though.
Bazzza  Smile

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take 'em off, have your play, then put 'em back on! Rolling Eyes

Simples! Wink  Laughing
safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazza
        Whats wrong with Hanworth Air park its nice and flat.  Smile

Regards
           Eddie
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha Hanworth Air Park  Laughing i live just round the corner from there if i could get in there i would.I wish there was somewhere round here to take the old bus to get it dirty but i have drawn a blank.
Bazza

swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclebazwold wrote:
I wish there was somewhere round here to take the old bus to get it dirty but i have drawn a blank.

Send me a self addressed box and I will send you a bucket of your finest Bury mud to throw over it Laughing
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwizZer
I have had experience of Bury mud out walking with my mate n his ex up hill and down Dale for miles and when its on it don't come off but i could stick it on n have a real Chelsea tractor.
Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always kept the mudflaps on mine when offroading and never had a problem, so far.

But if after saying that I bust mine next time I'm off road I'm coming to get yours!  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis
Keep away from mine there's always sets of 3 never 4 for sale ob ebay but if you are gonna nick mine come now why they are pristine and still on cos its the Deli's first muddy day out with me next week.
Bazza

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mud Flaps...

PAH !

My tyres are too big... I had to remove mine when I hammered my front wings flush with the inner arch !
Scrumpy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent all day trying to break mine @ Hogmoor yesterday and failed (thank god as I needed to drive home) http://www.tv4x4.co.uk/index.php?set_albumName=album01&option=com_gallery&Itemid=36&include=view_album.php

I did however bend my steps nicely "Marc, we ned a chat :-) !!"
    slightly fill my airbox with water (Need a snorkal as I loved the mud and water!!! suffice to say I found a hole that took the water up to the windscreen but manged to power through.. an hour of cleaning and drying the airbox.. there really is no way to do this quickly?)
    Trash my bash plates (picking new ones up next weekend and imagine my relief that I missed the oil filter all day!!!)
    Hook the back axle up a few times in mud and water where I couldn't see the damned holes (need the lift and bigger tyres + an air locker)

My mudflaps however were intact!! :-) I am off now to get some eastern european chappie to clean the motor for a fiver.. LOL.. I can't see the paintwork through the mud and the sun yesterday and today has baked it on!!!!!

"Add life to your years, instead of years to your life."
http://www.justgiving.com/mac4x4team74
1995 L400 Super Exceed
1994 L400 Exceed with trick bits Twisted Evil
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i had a gentle pop round a dry Salisbury Plain on Friday even though i promised myself i would not and it would be foolish until i drove through it on the way to Frome and thought "Oh Sod It Here Goes" but not too bad with just the odd big wet hole which i avoided or i turned round.I was on my own with the girlfriend and two shovels for company so i thought disgression was the better part of valour.BUT water up to the windscreen i do not like the sound of that unless i was driving somebody elses motor. :D  :D
Bazza

Scrumpy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazz.. It is the family car lol.. All carpets are dry as I never got stuck in anything where my floor was below the water line (v.lucky) my Toyota pick up friend was not so lucky LOL.. But yeah, I couldn't believe it.. I disappeared into what must be a nice smooth hole and that was it, one minute I had a bow wave at just below bonnet level and the next I was reaching for the windscreen wipers, adding power and praying to the gods I could keep going.. Massive buzz..

To quantify the experience though, it was an event run by www.tv4x4.co.uk who are actually really nice chaps and chapesses.. Lots of Japs and Jeeps besides the usual LR's.. So this equals, more balls than brains as I knew I would get pulled out of almost anything.. On my own without a winch, strops, another truck to pull you out and maybe a ground anchor, I would play it safe too you can be sure..

Even with all that infrastructure in place, it took us nearly 40mins to pull a disco out of a deep rut and imagine this.. Me attached by strop to a new discovery with a 9500lb winch attached through a block via a tree to the disco and the winch was pulling us in lol.. That is the nature of suckage... Got the chap out in the end but he had to scrounge a spare wheel (not a problem with more than 10+ disco's there) as it deflated (nearly pulled from the rims) 2 of his tyres..

Nice cahonas for going for it on your own anyway. If you want to hook up sometime, there are loads of events on with 4x4 clubs between Berkshire and Somerset.. Bordon has 3 excellent sites and that is only an hour away from Salisbury'ish.. and I am fully hooked!!

1995 L400 Super Exceed
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrumpy
Luckily enough the Deli is my second car but i still am careful because i cannot afford repair bills but i just dipped my toe in even though its stupid on your own but i was driving by and it was dry.I might be up for a bit of offroad fun in the future but i am doing it at my own pace at the moment till i am a bit more confident in myself and the Deli.
Are there any sites near me with easy stuff to do and how much do they charge if its cheap and near then i may chance my hand at it.
Bazza
ps I may go to Brean and drive through the Plain again.

Scrumpy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazz

If you join AWDC or TV4x4 (£25 ish) most sites are free, Hogmoor is an MOD site so only open a few times a month to clubs and would cost £5 to members and £30 (including membership) to non members..

Anyone can drive round the outside.. Bazza, if you can get to Hogmoor, it is the perfect beginners site and since I know it quite well now, I can take you round.. Ask Mr Bin also as he is more experienced than me but if you can afford it.. Come to Hogmoor 14th June!! Go on, you know you want to....

Nice ittle bit of sand and no scary things

Nice little bit of water

couple of nice little obstacles but only if you want to as your confidence grows.. but don't let it grow too much until you are fully kitted like this chap...

Come and have some fun!!!

1995 L400 Super Exceed
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and Mister Bin as guides  Shocked  i have just seen that pool you 2 mad b*****s went through but remind me around the time and i shall come equiped with waders and a snorkel for myself.If its easy cos my other half liked having a tickle on the Plain then that sounds good,
Cheers
Bazza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: