Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob112

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 22:02    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

Hi well new water pump fitted but when i stripped the radiator the bypass hose had been stuck on so i need a new radiator who knows where the cheapest rad is  ?????  also changed the auto box oil and top hose and oil preassure switch was a doddle these things look hard to work on but when stripped down a little they arequite easy lol
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Storm from darn the Sarf Coast he is breaking a Deli and i am sure the Deli mafia can organise a delivery service to you or try Fleabay they are always on there for a ton-ish.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58    Post subject: Re: radiator Reply with quote

rob112 wrote:
the bypass hose had been stuck on

If by that you mean the small plastic bit on the top for the expansion tank hose then you can do an inexpensive repair using a brass air hose fitting.

Go to B&Q and look on the spares rack by the air compressors, under the name Rockworth. You will see a small sealed plastic pack with three brass fitting in, with threaded ends, one is for airbeds another is for plastic balls and the other is an adaptor for them to fit in an airgun, the pack costs about £2.50.  :D

You need the airbed one.

All you then need to do is drill a 6mm hole inside the top of the radiator hole and then use a Tap and Die set to start off a short 7mm thread for purchase. If you haven't a Tap and Die set use a fine threaded screw of a similar size.

Remove the Tap (Screw) and apply some epoxy resin to the threaded brass section and then screw it in fully and leave it to harden.

The hose will fit straight onto the tapered section and be held in place by the original hose clip.

I have recently done this to replace my previous hose repair done to my radiator back in September 2007, that was posted here:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17550

Its proven to be a simpler and better fix than the last one!  :D

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
rob112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:07    Post subject: repair Reply with quote

hi all and lewis top banana went to b&q got the bits slowly tapped out and screwed the piece in fitted a treat as  it was so wet did nt put any epoxy on thought i would do it in the light and when there was no rain anyway  ran it up and no leaks big thanks to lewis i owe you a drink saved me a radiator
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob
Good news on the rad it will keep the wife happy on the cost front.BUT what about the dragon off or on.
Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza

rob112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:39    Post subject: dragon Reply with quote

not got round to that yet had to do some other work on another car and monsoon weather here lol polished 18 wheel nuts and the ones that are polished (chrome) they are much better was sitting in the beast tonight waiting for it to warm up all wet and cold thinking how much i loved this car  coz its different and there is nt that many about and everyone who has seen her likes her  too
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i know i love mine.Start, lumpy tickover for a bit, glance at cracked dash and Jap stereo thinking must sort that smile and drive.
Bazza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: