Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

FUEL filter - loose wire???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyndz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:17    Post subject: FUEL filter - loose wire??? Reply with quote

Helloo.... I have just topped my oil up and noticed that there is a wire that is coming out of the bottom of hte fuel filter which is disconnected....?... dumb question maybe!, but I can see where it should be connected to - shoud i connect It?

What is it?

Thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two type of wiring that come from the fuel filter, one would be a sensor to advise of water build up and the other would be for the autopump to remove water build up, which is an upgrade option.

If you have the auto water pump fitted then there will be a tube coming ftom the bottom of the filter and running up the side of it, like this:-

If you don't have that then its probable that the previous owner has disconnected the water sensor to stop the dash warning lamp going on, rather than just draining the water out of the filter trap!

In either case the wires should be reconnected!

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
notty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
If you don't have that then its probable that the previous owner has disconnected the water sensor to stop the dash warning lamp going on, rather than just draining the water out of the filter trap!

HTH

I noticed that people who unscrew the fuel filter unscrew it too much before noticing the wiring for the water sensor has snapped off. Pajero owners do this a lot ! I know 2 !

When unscrewing the fuel filter, if you havn't checked for wires beneath the filter attached, you will find it become 'springy' and keep turning back when you're trying to unscrew, this is because the wire attached enderneath is causing strain and twisting ready to snap !

If you snap the wire water sensor then make sure you change your filter often as theres no indication on lights panel that you have water in your fuel filter.
notty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Lewis says

TROGG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the same problem i chainged the filter yesterday and the cable was hanging there but could not find the other end to plug it in  :?
chopper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROGG wrote:
i got the same problem i chainged the filter yesterday and the cable was hanging there but could not find the other end to plug it in  :?

I'm in the same boat Can't find were the water sensor pulgs into went looking all around intercoolers out bats out full filter out

any clues or even better photos guys
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

remove the battery tray and it might be tucked under there.

I know mine was!
chopper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 23:41    Post subject: bad bolts Reply with quote

k well heres an other one then the bolts on the battery holder are super rusted up now i mean there like crumbly domes and I've not touched the at all yet

any one got any good tips on how I'm getting them of I'm guessing a drill off job
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:36    Post subject: Re: bad bolts Reply with quote

chopper wrote:
k well heres an other one then the bolts on the battery holder are super rusted up now i mean there like crumbly domes and I've not touched the at all yet

any one got any good tips on how I'm getting them of I'm guessing a drill off job

Can you post a picture  Question
I'm not sure what you mean by "battery holder" My Deli does not have one  Exclamation

Deker
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26    Post subject: Re: bad bolts Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "battery holder" My Deli does not have one  Exclamation

Dek note the prior post and I'm pretty sure you will find he means 'Battery Tray'.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir naggedalot wrote:
remove the battery tray and it might be tucked under there.

I know mine was!

Certainly is!  Laughing

There is a whole load of connectors under the battery tray.

The bolts on mine were also well rusted in and I had to resort to using a 2lb lump hammer and an impact wrench!  :D

ルイス
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprayed my bolts with loads of oil over a couple of weeks. Was surprised hey didn't snap as they were well rusted.
Body work was fine under the tray :D
chopper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 20:44    Post subject: thanks guys Reply with quote

id say mine are to far gone to try and wrench out TBH might have to grind or drill the heads of just go done with me aux belts the set i was given is toothed but the set that came out (they look like new in fact newer looking than the new ones i just bought today) did not have any teeth should I worry that the new one have teeth will they work better or worse?

back to the flue filter issue when i took out the bottom nylon water sensor thing-y it had a lot of crud and build up around it what the best for cleaning this tooth brush with desiel or with petrol or carb cleaner?

then one last thing i think the last owner either put the filter up to the hoses the wrong way around or he must have cut one of the line to short as the way it was when i bought it was the the filter & housing were lieing lose in the engine bay and the lines were not long enough for it to spin around and bolt on to the frame, so what i want to know has any one a good shot of this area with it plumbed up right so i can see were the lines are coming form to id them to know which way around the should go.

Thanks o gods of Deli
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got a shot of the pipes but petrol will be fine for cleaning the drain plug....
sir naggedalot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 22:33    Post subject: Re: thanks guys Reply with quote

chopper wrote:
id say mine are to far gone to try and wrench out

Try soaking them with wd40 or alike then keep on soaking them for a few days,then try to force a smaller socket over the heads if the correct one just slip..

Much better then a grinder!
chopper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42    Post subject: good call Reply with quote

good call I've a old socket or to try that with

thanks
chopper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Re: bad bolts Reply with quote

chopper wrote:

Heres the images of my messed up bat tray the wet stuff is lot of WD40

any tips

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

A set of bolt removers, like the ones below, will be useful:-

HTH

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: