4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

MAXXRAXX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laughjimbo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 21:04    Post subject: MAXXRAXX Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a Delica jasper and have recently bought a Maxxraxx 5 bike carrier with height extension so i can carry the bikes when i am towing, at present i only tow a trailer tent but does anyone use one of these racks whilst towing a caravan. We are hoping to purchase either a Bailey Senator Wyoming ot Oklahoma. Thanks in advance.

Laughjimbo
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 21:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jennysteve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there laughjimbo, the most i have seen on a car pulling a caravan is three, as the bikes get pretty close to the car when turning. but you can store the smallest two in the caravan whilst in transit. hth

MUSTAVIT ! AND JEN
laughjimbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have towing with 2 bikes on the back whilst towing a trailer tent but not in my Delica, it was my wifes zafira. I am going to load the car up this weekend and give it a try me thinks!! :D

Thanks

Laughjimbo
gary2610

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you can put longer bolts on and a 1" spacer in and that would give you abit more space but i think you still have to watch when going round tighter corners or and revesing as well and also if you can angle the bikes up more that also might help ????
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I'd say is be careful with all that weight on the nose of the caravan, I would give it a trial and see how far down the rear end comes as you may be surprised just how low they go...unless you've already done your rear springs that is

My Delica Album
laughjimbo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check everything is okay and stable but no i have not uprated the rear springs but i do want to do them sometime this year. I hear that lovell spring are the one to use but you have to do sofme modifications i understand??
Rob Barker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 0:03    Post subject: bike rack Reply with quote

Don't forget that if the rack is towbar mounted then the weight of the bikes contributes to your noseweight, probably resulting in exceeding what force you should be applying to the towbar. It's not just about how far the back end drops with all the extra weight.
I carry the bikes on the roof of the car, it's a bit of a faff with a ladder but it does help weight distribution
Welsh Delicgon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my outfit with the bikes on top. A bit awkward to load on you will need a step ladder to get them on and off.

Cheers Mike

laughjimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about doing that but it does seem along way up to have the bikes. I have got a roof crate and roof box on top of my Deli.

Jimbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: