Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Anker towbars anyone!???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 19:18    Post subject: Anker towbars anyone!??? Reply with quote

Hi.. does anyone else out there have an Anker towbar fitted?  I was assured by Cliffords where I bought it that these generic bars for Delicas are widely used and will absolutely fit... but it seems not!!!!!Help anyone!...

I have travelled coupla hundred miles to visit family and combine trip with service and fitting of towbar.. .but the assurances have come to nowt as cannot find electric wiring for connecting to the towbar wiring... or find the back support holes to attach the arms to under the Delica..  As I am only here for the last night am putting out urgent calls for any assistance so that issues can be sorted before I leave tomorrow a.m.!.. eeek!!!

I so hope somewhere someone has experience of this and knows exactly what I'm talking about!!  I can only hope..  :?    many thanks in advance from maiden in distress Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 19:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spanners

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wiring is behind the side panels in the rear  and i believe you have to drill the holes for the strenghtening bars
hope this helps   spanners
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
delart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 20:17    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

Hi I have a anker towbar fitted. I fitted it myself bit heavy but fitted well, wired it up mostly to drivers side removed plastic to do it, was a long time ago though.Did'nt drill any holes to fit it unless maybe one for electric's but don't think so.
spacecadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

they usually bolt on where you're rear bullbar fits and then onto the chassis.you have to lose the bar though. Sad
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
kasandrich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

All towbars must use manufacturers original fixings, therefore all holes are there.

There is no socket to plug the electrics in, the individual wires for the lights needs to be located and tapped into, I used scotchloc connectors.
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tapped into the wiring loom like other have...

mainly N/S rear light and into the wires in the roof for the right indicator and reverse light !

It all bolted up to the rear mounts for the factory nudge bar and there were holes in the chassis for support legs !
annek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 14:17    Post subject: its done! Reply with quote

huge thanks to all contributors to my plea for help...  the bar does fit perfectly into chassis as one of u said..  sorry only have pda to reply on so can't see all screen easily to name specifics..  and finding the wiring now...thanks again!!!
annek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Hi all .. just to update.. Definitely no drilling required for the towbar.. it wasn't easy to see exactly where the strengthening bars connected to until the big black spacer blocks were in place and then it all went well, but the tip about loosening the towbar was a top tip, thanks. Smile

As for the wiring Rolling Eyes .. had no idea which wires were which! so have had to come away without any wiring connected up.. am wondering whether this detail can be found on a manual.. I recently stumbled across some (like mechanics manuals with exploded diagrams, etc.), but can't remember whether it was on here? and also whether it would include these wiring descriptions, as colour coding is very obviously different to ours!  (some are blue with white stripe, or red with green, etc!)..  

I was pleased at the price too.. £160.. seemed v reasonable.. or will do once fitting problems sorted! Shocked
spanners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://Delica-pajero-man.webs.com/technical.htm
have put wiring diagram on site for you as couldn't get it to post on here     spanners
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
spanners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring in Delica-------------------------Trailer wiring
RHS Ind = Green Yellow----------------------Green
LHS Ind = Green Blue-------------------------Yellow
Tail = Green White---------------------------- Brown
Stop = Green-----------------------------------Red
Earth = Black-----------------------------------white
Reverse = Red Blue----------------------------Black
Brake (for electric brakes -same as stop)----Blue
 hi this should help    spanners
leeandeb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanners wrote:
 hi this should help    spanners

does this work on the pajero ???

i just got a tow bar with a neat chrome flip down ball cover ( ow er misses ) bloody hevy thing
4X4'S WORKING WITH THE EMERGENCY SERVICES
Devon Mafia
spanners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the coluors are different
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 19:41    Post subject: Re: update Reply with quote

annek wrote:
Hi all .. just to update.. Definitely no drilling required for the towbar.. it wasn't easy to see exactly where the strengthening bars connected to until the big black spacer blocks were in place and then it all went well, but the tip about loosening the towbar was a top tip, thanks. Smile

As for the wiring Rolling Eyes .. had no idea which wires were which! so have had to come away without any wiring connected up.. am wondering whether this detail can be found on a manual.. I recently stumbled across some (like mechanics manuals with exploded diagrams, etc.), but can't remember whether it was on here? and also whether it would include these wiring descriptions, as colour coding is very obviously different to ours!  (some are blue with white stripe, or red with green, etc!)..  

I was pleased at the price too.. £160.. seemed v reasonable.. or will do once fitting problems sorted! Shocked

Please post some detailed pics of the lovely towbar if poss!! I looked at their site today, but unless you login and get an account their are no prices/details.

£160 seems a bargain, i phoned towtrust and they want £195 just for the towbar Shocked thats too much for me, but £160 all in seems fairer.

cheers

Max
leeandeb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanners wrote:
no the coluors are different

cheers,
i will have to stop bein lazy and get the multi meter out...
4X4'S WORKING WITH THE EMERGENCY SERVICES
Devon Mafia
spanners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

its only the indicators that are different
annek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please post some detailed pics of the lovely towbar if poss!! I looked at their site today, but unless you login and get an account their are no prices/details.

£160 seems a bargain, i phoned towtrust and they want £195 just for the towbar  thats too much for me, but £160 all in seems fairer.

cheers

Max

The bar cost 160 all in.. £10 was the hitch ball I think.. and maybe £20 for the electrics.. but was the cheapest I could find.. I have nothing else to go on so was not sure how it compared aethestically to other, more expensive, models on the market?.. will try to get a pic too.. I sent you separate email about this.. my car is now parked away from home .. so might be a wait.. but maybe someone else may be able to get pic loaded.. I think it looks fine considering its just a lump of square black metal!.. no wow factor or anything!!!! :D   BTW I was told it was a generic towbar for all post 94 Deli's. but I can give you the number to ring them for details, can I?  I'm not sure.. maybe on email or something... ?if that helps.. I went to see it

Quote:

I am on a massive learning curve here!.. but think I am getting this.. that I will need to find each wire as per colour listed above, cut it, insert connector, to join the cut wires together again, plus the extra wire to the trailer connector?  I am feeling this might be a very simple question to ask!.. excuse the ignorance but really wanna be sure here if I'm gonna have a go!.. and I will... ! Wink
spanners

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi annek  if you get stuck give a shout I'm in worthing too and happy to help out might cost ya a cuppa though   spanners
annek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks spanners.. dead impressed.. have you been on here long.. I don't think I've come across your name before?  R u just a private owner or do you have a business here?
spanners

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

not been on long and yes i have a buisiness ha ha never could spell that word
but have a love for imported vehicles sadly i no longer have a Deli Can't afford to many toys and a van
i worked for a dealer importing delis for 6 years and got used to there little quirks
and no not touting for work just happy to help    spanners
annek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.. cool.. sorry hear about the downturn on the Deli front tho!Crying or Very sad...  Would I have heard of your business?  I'm assuming here that your business is vehicles of some description?.....  also... wondered, as u live in the area, if you had heard whether Milwards is still in business.. I had heard it went to the wall last year, or maybe earlier? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: