4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Grubby Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny-Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 13:53    Post subject: Grubby Wheels Reply with quote

What is the best thing for cleaning my wheels up? I don't mind a bit a hard work just want good results, I will be changing the front break pads this afternoon so will hopefully stop them getting as black as i think the pads that are in at the moment are just falling apart. So need some advice on the best way to clean them up. Wink

Danny
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 13:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markwh
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DB.  I use Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner  Shocked  no, honestly I do!  Works great on my alloys and with all the soot from the side exhaust, it used to be a real pain but no more!  Laughing Also I've just fitted a full, rear-exhaust so no more sooty wheels ever again!  Something else that works fab is Cillit Bang! (HI I'M BARRY!!) - seen the adverts??? - just use the normal Cillit product and stand by for amazing results.  Not sure what affect the oven cleaner has on the tyre rubber but it's not on there long enough to make a difference methinks.  Makes your hands lovely and soft though - just like that lady on the Fairy advert!  Razz
Danny-Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply markwh,will give it a go. "Hands that do dishes feel as soft as your face with Mild Green Fairy liquid"   and all that!   Laughing

Danny
markwh
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just don't leave the oven cleaner on your rims too long otherwise you'll be re-painting them!  Sad  The front wheels of my alfa get badly covered in brake dust (guess I should stop braking then, huh?) and those "brake dust cleaner" spray cans are worse than useless.  But... squirt on Mr Muscle, count to 30 and then wipe off with a soft sponge... results - perfect alloys!  Worth wearing a pair of marigolds though otherwise you'll be Billy No Fingerprints!  Laughing
Danny-Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have done the front pads now,and been round to tescos for the mr muscle,i tell you what if you read what it can do you to you,you would wear a bleeding all in one suit with a mask. Shocked  will defo be wearing gloves!!

Danny
love4x4ing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i did  :D

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23580&highlight=wheel+refurb

Just when you think you've fixed everything, something else breaks..........
tttonyyy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest - hw long did the shine last?  What did you use to treat them after the first polishing?
Danny-Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheels themselves are not in terrible condition,just covered in black crap that doesn`t come off with usual car washing products,i`ll give markwh`s oven cleaner technique a bash tomorrow and see what happens other wise will get down and dirt with the polish and the bench grinder. Smile

Danny
love4x4ing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wheels stayed nice and shiney  :D   I give them a quick go over with Autosol every other washtime. I didn't use anything over the top when i polished them originallly. No laquer, didn't want to have to get it back off  after water gets under it again. Wink

Just when you think you've fixed everything, something else breaks..........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: