4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Towbars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baldrick44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:32    Post subject: L400 Towbars Reply with quote

This has been probably covered somewhere on here,  
is there a reason why a Shogun/Pajero/l200 towbar will not fit a L400??
I am after a towbar for my L400 and i would in a local auto recycling yard and we have got a few shoguns & pajeros in the yard.

couple of the yard lads think they will fit, but i want to check first before i get one removed then find out it doesn't.
thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

steve b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be something to do with the fact that pajero's/ shoguns have a "ladder" type chassis, whereas the Delica's have monocoque bodies, and i know for a fact that the towbars are bolted into the body of the Delica, try towequipe, someone may be along to correct me on this, but i "think" i may be right on this....... hth
Baldrick44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

thankyou for your reply, i was pretty sure they didn't fit, but i wanted to make sure.
i have seen towequipe on fleebay around about £95 +PP  unless there is one on here breakeing???????
kasandrich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fitted an L400 towbar and I used to have a Pajero, they are VERY different.

I think the one I fitted was a Towquipe, it was just a cheapie off of fleabay
Spike999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a towbar from one car and fitting it to another type is illegal, but we have all done it, lets face it, with a drill and a welder, you can make anything fit  Twisted Evil

Tow bars have to be type approved now, this means that they must be made and tested to suit the car that they are fitted to, home made tow bars can cause problems, especialy insurance wise if there was an accident.

But I got one for my Delica, an ebay cheapy, under £100 incuding ball and wiring kit, it was easy to fit and looks strong enough to pull a house down.

On another note, when I was younger and dafter than now, I used to tow a trailer tied to the step on the back of a Bedford van with strong rope, it never failed me and I never got stopped  Wink

Regards
Spike.
Budo banzuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:20    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

seen add on flebay for around £85 plus delivery for tow bar, then i notice the adress is in perth only  20 minutes from me. so gave them a call, on the phone they quoted me £145 + vat !! i had to laugh when i said , so why are you selling them on ebay for £85  Doh!  after a very long pause  was told £85 + £6 for electrics and all instructions.
easy fit , only takes about an hour for tow bar, little longer for electrics everything supplied.
very strong chunky looking  and very good value at that price.
kasandrich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you go about the electrics Budo Banzuki?

I found it very messy, had to run several wires side to side etc did you find all the lighting wires neatly together in one place?

I ran the power feed under the car cable tied up to other things.
Delica Dean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Towequipe one from 'that' website and it was very easy to fit. However, you do get basic (very basic) wiring instructions but with a bit of knowledge and patience its easily done.

Well worth the money.

Dean.
Budo banzuki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember correctly think i had the nearside rear indicator out on one side and rear inside offside panel behind the torch ! a bit messy right enough, as you say , from one side to the other,  Kasandrich
the panels make a good job of hiding things
kasandrich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budo banzuki wrote:
if i remember correctly think i had the nearside rear indicator out on one side and rear inside offside panel behind the torch ! a bit messy right enough, as you say , from one side to the other,  Kasandrich
the panels make a good job of hiding things

Oh, yes, all sins covered up well by the panels, when I said messy, I didn't mean the finished result I meant lots of wires running back & forth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: