4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

engine problems - can anybody local take a look? (Sheffield)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richw32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is off to to auto box man in the morning to go on a machine ?????

fingers crossed Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

richw32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

got her back today and was told off a electrical fault where some thing was going to ground????????????
another where too much power was been sent to some think??????????????
says maybee od button could cause this as i got button jammed in on od as swich won't stay on,

but he says its the od unit on the end off the box possible the od barrel????????????

so that was a well spent diagnostic ..................not

still no wiser

but he reset the ecu ,goes like a train now but don't like hills or going in od, does slip in od some times but gears down the second i put bit more gas on to go faster and hits third again....................

any views on this any one

Sad
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be driving with the OD on all the time!

You only need to take it off when you are going down hills, usually when towing, to help reduce speed as when it is off it limits you to 3 mechanical gears.  :?

If the switch is faulty you can repair it. See:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16646  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
richw32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm driving with the same temp fix as you did all the time I'm just wondering if its not working as it should?????
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OD require two conditions to be met for it to work, provided its switched on and plugged in to the loom under the steering column cover.

1. The engine has to be at normal operating temperature.
2. The vehicle is doing more than 50mph.

Its not too long to the Yorkshire meet on the 28th. so it could be checked out there!  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: