4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

left hand drive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camonix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 13:32    Post subject: left hand drive? Reply with quote

Hello again just a quick question...
did they make a left hand drive Deli because i am thinking of registering mine to france but need to change the lights to the other direction and also put the speedo back to Ks....
its a L400 95.
any info would be good thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 13:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

matthew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 21:17    Post subject: Lefthand Drive Delica?, Reply with quote

Camonix,
Lefthand dippers are not easy to get hold of,took me a couple of years to source a pair,finally traced them on the Dutch equivalent of E bay called Marketplaas ,(I think it was,) but Sam, who occasionally posts on the club site and lives somewhere in your area in the Alps,got his lamps from just over the border in Switzerland near the airport,I seem to recollect,so they obviously sell a lefthand drive version there.From experience I would suggest that you make contact with Sam to save time because I am currently trying to matriculate my lorry in France and am still awaiting approval from D.R.I.R.E. so that I can apply for a carte gris and get French plates at last.
Why I say save time is because the bod from D.R.I.R.E. who inspected my Delica told me,back in August,that the inspection proceedure for 'non compliant vehicles'like our Delicas is about to become much more difficult and expensive within the next 'few months'.It will involve taking the vehicle to the ONLY dedicated test centre in France near Paris,the cost of this test will be 1500euros!! add to this a probable overnight stop required and the mileage etc,its going to become extremely expensive so I suggest that you approach D.R.I.R.E. immediately so that they can at least open a file on your vehicle locally and in the meantime you chase up Sam for the address of the garage where he got his lamps,get a set and get M.O.T'd (CONTROLE TECHNIQUE) a.s.a.p as this is a prerequsite to a D.R.I.R.E. inspection,the French just love to make life as difficult as possible if you dare drift from the norm and don't run a french car,
so good luck. Matthew (but really Tony)
camonix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks for that.still toying with the idea not sure how long we are gonna be here.got to do the pros and cons thing.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my post on importing these vans into Europe, its not as easy as you think. Its in the EVSA section,
kvist83

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I drive an L400 (Delica) Left hand drive, so they exist.
Not sure if they are made in a LHD 2,8 Litre version  though. Mine is a 2,5 TD, and i haven't heard af any 2,8 TD's i Denmark (Would like to have one though Twisted Evil )!!
On the search engines, try to search for  "L400 or Space Gear" instead of Delica, as i believe the left hand drive models aren't named Delica (correct me if i'm wrong).
Perhaps if needed I could get hold of a pair and post them to you, if you still need them!

96 Mitsubishi L400 2.5TD GLX Sportsvan 4WD
235/75 15 tyres and wide arches
Manual Transmission
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 15:12    Post subject: Re: left hand drive? Reply with quote

camonix wrote:
Hello again just a quick question...
did they make a left hand drive Deli because i am thinking of registering mine to france but need to change the lights to the other direction and also put the speedo back to Ks....
its a L400 95.
any info would be good thanks.

Yes they do make LHD Deli's here are a couple of photo's of some:-

Series 1 (pre 96)

Series 2 (96 facelift)

Also here is a copy of the service manual page that shows the front engine bay wiring loom for the LH drive Delica.

You will see that it refers to 4WD parts (A-65, A-66, A-74, A-77, A104 and A-105), so I assume there must be a LHD 4WD Delica, otherwise they wouldn't waste money on doing wiring looms and manuals for a non-existant vehicle:-

For LHD Headlamps checkout the backend of this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=163922

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
tseoeo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a LHD Delica 2.4 Petrol, there are some but I am really curious what is their source, what was their main market cause I see just one or two popping up in different markets - France, Denmark, Deutchland, etc.
Does anybody have an idea what was the story of the distribution of this brand's LHD's in the 90s and maybe where can more information be found?
(decided to not open another thread but ride on this one)
white beast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49    Post subject: LHD Reply with quote

There's one 4WD, LHD 1999 selling in Lithuania or something...i've seen on autoscout
flowerpower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do have 4WD here in spain the owner of the Mitsubishi Dealership on Ibiza has one and he loves it said its the best car hes ever had and he would never sell it  Very Happy
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Hyundai clone (2WD) version have the same shaped lights? I saw several in Rhodes last year, and then a couple in Lisbon last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: