Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

hard disk based stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerryfb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:35    Post subject: hard disk based stereo Reply with quote

I'm a firmly committed hard disk based audio man. Anyone know of a car stereo system that is hard disk based? I've found the Kenwood Keg but interested in other options. Also keen to find something that can also store movies or other multimedia and stream to an on-board screen. ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Have a look at the Dension.

http://www.dension.com/main.php

Or you could do it like I do and use an iPod.
You can connect these to various Stereo head units. For quality you could go with an Alpine head unit with a KCA-420i interface. Or indeed any make Head unit with aux input facilities.

Actually you don't need aux inputs, there are other ways of doing it... Check out http://www.everythingipod.co.uk
Also here http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/category.asp?category=415

Too many choices really

Shocked
HTHs

Oh and a warm welcome to the biggest and best Delica owners forum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, I've got an iriver (the darth vader of HDD MP3 players) . Looking for something that I can control from the dash or hi-fi rather than the player.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the iriver: should work just the same if fitted with either a radio fm transmitter or thro a aux imput Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I looked at the Denison as well. Seems nice, but would like to find a dealer/fitter closer to Brighton (unless it's easy to fit). I'm a bit new to all this so not feeling comfortable about tearing fascias out of the new car i just can't wait to receive.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting at the old unit is fairly easy but requires great patience and carefulness Shocked to remove the old plastic consol which is very brittle and prone to breaking Evil or Very Mad There is a guide to it's removal somewhere here that you may find useful Wink Only extra you need is the ISO connector adaptor if ness and a blank/cubby hole adaptor for the empty bit left over when swapping the double din unit to a single din unit.

Hint for the removal guide... click on my signature and look thro the albums for the 'Band expander' album Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerryfb, Road Radio in Church Road, Hove, have done installs on a few Delicas for me and so they're used to them now. I usually remove the centre console myself as 9 times out of 10 it will break. New ones are just over £80 from Brighton Mitsubishi. If you want help taking the console out then send me a PM and I'll give you my number. I get a 12.5% discount on parts from Mitsu so if we break the console it'll only be just over £70 to replace Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: