4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

French registration / vehicle axle weights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:12    Post subject: French registration / vehicle axle weights Reply with quote

I know that there have been posts on the subject before but I can't find one specifically for my bog standard 95 L400 swb 2800 without a sun roof,I am just about to commence the process of reregistering my lorry in France and the paperwork is the first step with the weights front,back,total etc,all will I'm sure need to be verified on a weigh bridge but the form must be submitted first,anyone able to help???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

With or without a sunroof the weights are the same!  Wink

Look for your model here:-

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
matthew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 20:27    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

cheers Lewis,much obliged.
matthew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 17:07    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

Lewis
Referring to the dimension charts that you kindly posted,they do not seem show the actual model numbers of my 95 2.8 which has,as far as I know,no name such as Exceed or Super Exceed.The numbers on the vin plate are KD-PD8W-NSNUF followed by PD8W 0012914 and its the NSNUF that I can't match up.
The question was raised on Monday when I had to take the vehicle to D.R.I.R.E.(Direction Regionale de l'Industrie de la Recherche et de l'Environnement)for an inspection to assess the vehicles suitability for use on the French highways and then if acceptable a visit to the prefecture to obtain the Carte Gris and french registration number,but this last little hurdle arose when the inspector started queerying the lack of a vin type weight plate,I tried to blag my way through with your dimensions charts but he wouldn't wear it as the model letters didn't tally,do you think that there are other charts which would include my beast or if I were to purchase an owners manual would weights and carrying capacities be shown?
Although he will be satisfied with an Emailed photograph of the new plate in situ its quite obvious that he will also expect to be shown documentary evidence of the source of the figures,they seem to require front/rear axle weights,total carrying capacity and the maximum all up towing weight.When 'Jayne' was going through the same proceedure and I was in contact with her she Emailed me the figures that she had submitted for their vehicle but that was a 97 super Exceed and I would think a heavier model?.I will try contacting her again,also 'Sam' to see if they can assist but thought I'd pose the question to you first,any ideas???
By the way where is your place near Alicante,I know it pretty well around there as we had an apartment at Cabo Roig a few miles south of Torrevieja for quite a few years,decided to get out when the Albanian/Rumanian mafia moved into the area and started emptying all the properties.We are popping down to Granada tomorrow for a week,about ten hours in the Rover 75 and one tankful of cheapish Spanish diesel so I might be away when you reply.
Cheers
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember there are a couple of L400's already registered in France....

if you could track down these owners they may be able to help you as they would already have the french paperwork done and that may help your cause
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look HERE <-- Click to link
matthew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 17:57    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

Thanks Mark,yes I do know about the other sucessful applicants for French registration,Jayne,Mark and possibly Irwyn,I'm sure that there are others and I will make contact with them if Lewis is unable to assist,
Many thanks
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Re: vehicle weights Reply with quote

matthew wrote:
The numbers on the vin plate are KD-PD8W-NSNUF followed by PD8W 0012914 and its the NSNUF that I can't match up.

By the way where is your place near Alicante,

I rent near El Campello / Coveta Fuma!  But on the 21st I will be headind down for a camping trip to the Portuguese Border area around Alcantara in Andalusia. Doing a bit of Historical research on the 1700's War of Succession!

Now then! Your vehicle details are as follows:-

Modification Space Gear XG aero roof, produced from 1994 (May)

GENERAL
Body type MV&1Box
Drive FULL 4WD
Transmission Floor shift 5 speed manual
Displacement, cc 2835
Frame KD-PD8W-NSNUF
Price of new car, thousands yen (Tokyo area) 2599 (~$21600)

SPECIFICATION (SPECS)

EXTERIOR
Exterior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 4685 x 1695 x 1965
Interior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 2850 x 1575 x 1205
Wheel base, mm 2800
Treads (F/R), mm 1440 / 1435
Ground clearance, mm 195
Curb vehicle weight, kg 1970
Gross vehicle weight, kg
Seating capacity, persons 8
Doors number 4
Min.turning radius, m 6
Fuel tank capacity, Litres 75

ENGINE
Displacement, cc 2835
Engine model 4M40
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 125 ps (91.94 kw) / 4000 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 30.0 kg*m (294.20 N*m) / 2000 rpm
Power density 15.76
Engine type Serial 4 cylinder OHCIC turbo
Engine information
Fuel system Distribution type jet pump
Turbocharger Turbo with intercooler
Fuel type Diesel
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No
Compression ratio 21
Bore, mm 95
Stroke, mm 100
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km
Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

CHASSIS / TRANSMISSION
Power steering Yes
Tyres size, front 235/75SR15 - 30x9.5/R15
Tyres size rear 235/75SR15 - 30x9.5/R15
Braking system, front Ventilated disk
Braking system, rear Disk
Suspension system, front Double wishbone type torsion bar spring
Suspension system, rear 5 link type coil spring

EQUIPMENT

EXTERIOR EQUIPMENT
Sunroof / Moonroof n
Front fog lamp n
Rear fog lamp n
Xenon headlight (Discharge lamp) n
Projector headlight n
Rear wiper y
Front spoiler n
Rear or roof spoiler n
ABS (Antilock brake system) o
TCS (Traction control system) n
LSD (Limited slip differential) o
Privacy glass n
UV cutting glass n
Aluminium wheel o

INTERIOR EQUIPMENT
Air conditioner Dual air conditioner
Wood panel n
Cruise control n
Centralized door lock y
Power window y
Steering wheel telescopic n
Steering wheel tilt y
Leather steering wheel n
Power front seat n
Power rear seat n
Leather seat n
Falling down type rear seat n
Child seat fixed with seat belt n
Rear ELR3 point seat belt y
Front seat pretensioner seat belt n
Fourth limited front seat belt n
Side impact bar y
Airbag (Driver) o
Airbag (Passenger) n
Airbag (Side) n
Audio deck AM/FM radio
CD-player n
Car navigation system n

y - present n - not present o - option

Carrying weights are the same for all specifications

Hope that okay for you?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
matthew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 20:57    Post subject: vehicle weightsMany Reply with quote

Many thanks Lewis, some interesting information on my lorry,and hopefully a good starting point to obtain axle and towing weights from perhaps Mitsubishi Japan,enjoy your trip to the Spanish/Portuguese ,border area sounds an interesting project.
For future reference,anyone trying to reregister a vehicle which does not conform to european standards and has no history in France,such as our vehicles,will within the next 3 or 4 months be subject to new laws being introduced making it obligatory to undergo a test at the only dedicated test centre in France which is near to Paris,brakes,steering,emissions etc the cost of this test will be 1500 euros,so any Delica owners intending to resettle their vehicles in the Hexagon be aware!!!
Cheers Lewis.
matthew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26    Post subject: French registration/axle weights? Reply with quote

Can anyone possibly assist me with the front/rear axle weights and maximum loaded towing weight of my 95 2.8 manual,Modification  XG aero roof,model type KD PD8W NSNUF.Lewis has kindly supplied comprehensive details of my lorry including vehicle(1970kg) and gross vehicle weight(2410kg) but to satisfy the French authorities and move to the final registration process I must attach a vin type plate showing this additional information supported by documentary evidence of the source of the information,i.e an extract from owners manual or some other 'official' type document.Various contributors to the club site have posted weight information before but not relating to my exact model and I know that there are considerable variations in model weights,can anyone help or point me in the right direction,cheers.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsubishi show the maximum cargo weights in the manual, which is applicable to all L400 models:-

However as they don't do a tow bar as a factory fitted option they do not provide any written details for towing weights!

ルイス
matthew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 22:21    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

Lewis,
Many thanks for the additional information,I shall have to PM "Jayne" who went through this process a year or so ago to see how she arrived at the figure she quoted as the towing capability(5530kg) I know that she visited a weighbridge for the respective axle(1380/1710kg) and total vehicle weights,(2970kg) but I'm having difficulty locating a weighbridge in our area and was hoping that somebody might have researched the information previously,anyway thanks again for the additional info,it all helps,
many thanks.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

5530Kg  Shocked

Working on the cargo weights above I suppose you could assume 79Kg per person.

Multiply that by 7 seats and you get 530Kg.

Jayne mentioned how the French Mitsu dealer worked it out on this post, which you posted a message on:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17797

ルイス
dave2400
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47    Post subject: Re: vehicle weights Reply with quote

matthew wrote:
Lewis,
Many thanks for the additional information,I shall have to PM "Jayne" who went through this process a year or so ago to see how she arrived at the figure she quoted as the towing capability(5530kg) I know that she visited a weighbridge for the respective axle(1380/1710kg) and total vehicle weights,(2970kg) but I'm having difficulty locating a weighbridge in our area and was hoping that somebody might have researched the information previously,anyway thanks again for the additional info,it all helps,
many thanks.
...i don't think 5530k  is ment as towing capability  but  the train weight  ie  the all up weigh  witch whold give you a pay lode off aprox  2500k ore 2.1/2 tone  if you Can't fined a weighbridge  in your area  try  asking the local gardarme  for  the  local  equvulent to  the  minestery off transport  thay will have mobile weigh pads  to take out when thay do a veh check on hgvs  i think the french  use there customs and excise  to do this  as i have been stoped  by there customs  on a veh check  when i was  a  trucker  if  you Can't fined them  and you arnt to far from  calis  jump on the boat to dover  and  jet it done over by the minestry over hear  the french  will have to except  that  under  eu  transport  law  i am not a mind off information  like lewis  but i am a ex contenental  owner driver  dave
matthew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 16:55    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

Dave,
I presume that by train weight you mean the total weight of loaded vehicle and loaded trailer,so give it to me again,how do you arrive at the 2500kg payload and does payload mean the amount of weight carried by the vehicle plus the weight carried by the trailer?that still doesn't give me any sort of clue as to the maximum all up towing weight,by the way,how does tare differ from gross weight?
Lewis,
The good news is that I went to the local dechetterie(public tip)and they kindly weighed front and rear axles(1160/820kg)plus total vehicle (exactly 2000kg) this was without passengers or driver and nominal amount of fuel but the figures are wildly different to those that 'Jayne'posted for her truck,front 1380kg/rear1710kg unless of course they were loaded weights,hers is a 97 Super Exceed but I wouldn't have thought there would be such a discrepancy in the two vehicles,I think I will copy you 'cargo' page and go and see the inspector again and see if all this information will suffice for the vin type plate.I must confess though that the 'cargo'page confuses me a little(not difficult),it seems to read that with 2/3 passengers you can carry an additional 750kg and with 5/6 500kg??am I reading it incorrectly??
cheers chaps
matthew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 20:27    Post subject: vehicle weights Reply with quote

Dave,
Lewis,
I must be halucinating,I could swear that you both posted replies on this subject,you Lewis showed an extract of the manual(cargo page) and I replied at length to you both but there is nothing showing,where has it gone??Perhaps the wine is stronger than I thought,please rescue me!!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we certainly did post replies back to you. I mentioned that Mitsubishi do not specify towing weights as they do not do a factory fit towbar option.

Also as you said put the cargo weights page up from the manual, ie this one:-

Why they disappeared I do not know!  :?

But as I mentioned in your other post http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=156013 it seems to have happened to Bradbury Pizza also!

ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err; Sudden thought!

I posted the details on your other post Not this one, which no longer exists as they have been merged to keep things simple!  Rolling Eyes.

Now go make yourself a cup of tea and sit down in a dark room for a bit, reciting to yourself "I am not hallucinating, I am not going mad, I am perfectly sane!"  Laughing

ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:17; edited 1 time in total
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

withstupid

Rolling Eyes

hilarious

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: