2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

earth's within the wiring loom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keanaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 19:03    Post subject: earth's within the wiring loom Reply with quote

how many and where are the earths within the wiring loom of a Deli - Jasper '97
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 19:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum keanaz Razz

It's a neg earth vehicle so the chassis is earthed. So you can take an earth to a bolt etc in the metalwork. If you could be more specific as to what you want to know we may be able to give a better answer Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 21:09    Post subject: Jasper earths Reply with quote

Where exactly are the earths and how many are they?
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keanaz
As russ said its a begative earth system so the whole of the vehicle is earthed,you will find numerous earthing points around the chassis,under the bonnet you will find a couple,theres one behind the kick panel on the drivers side footwell,theres probably one on the passenger side as well,theres more than likely one in behind the rear heater controls and behind the rear light clusters,theres many of them ,prob very difficult in actual fact to pinpoint exactly how many,its really a case of looking for a grouping of cables that are harnessed to the chassis through a bolt or similar,
What exactly is it your trying to do?other than find out how many earth points there are?is it something we can help out a bit more with?

Hope that helps atb

Marc 8)

keanaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 21:46    Post subject: earths Reply with quote

Jasper didn't start one day, so got it jump started and took it for a good run, next day, same thing again, despite taking it for long runs occassionaly it doesn't start (even after glo plug), when it is running volt meter shows above 12v etc.
Someone suggested a bad earth somewhere, so I thought Id check around, but don't know where to start - apart fm battery area, Is there a wiring loom diagram somewhere that I could refer to?

Regards

Keanaz

PS Drivers elec window sometimes when closing, goes half way and then goes back down ?
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keanaz
All becomes clearer now matey lol,
Have you had the battery tested for its CCA Cold Cranking Amps? as i had a pajero that was charging perfectly showing perfect volts but every so often just didn't want to know especially with colder weather,someone suggested i get the batterys tested and the CCAs were well down,replaced both batterys and it never missed a beat again.
If yours still has the original jap battery on then it could well be getting tired and causing you grief,the main area as you say is the battery area check the terminals on the battery for security then trace the negative from the post to the chassis,should be quite close by.

Also on the + terminal of the battery is a black box this has 3 fuseible links inside one for the alternator circuit one for the glow plug circuit and the other is abs if iftted i think or maybe starter circuit? but check the glow plug one mainly and also the alt one altho its unlikely the alt one is gone tho,just worth a quick check to see...

Also what sort of voltage is the alternator putting out? if possible measure across the battery terminals with a voltmeter rather than using the on board meter,it should be about 13.5v +/- on tickover,if its any lower then id be thinking battery/alternator,also check the same thing with the revs increased to 2k and see if the reading moves up?
Have you noticed any slightly glowing lamps on the dash board at nite at all??

Also check the security of the glo plug relay that is situated up behind the battery / fuel filter area its like a coil on a car,just check that as i think that negs out through the bracket,also check the + connection on it as well for tightness.

As for your window its a common thing its basically where the runner gets dirty and clogged up,you could try cleaning the runners both sides then applying a good coating of silicone based lube that will help it go up and down freely ,worked well with mine,

Hope that helps let us know how it goes all the best

Marc 8)

Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your charging voltage is above 13.5v , I think you will find the battery is knackered.

Get a new one for about £60 from your local exhaust and battery dealer.

See here for battery details

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30

HTH :D
keanaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 22:12    Post subject: earths Reply with quote

many thanx 4 the info I will try this out this weekend (weather dependant) and let you know
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keanaz
What area are you in? just a rough locality will help if you add it to your profile http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile it maybe theres someone local to you who could maybe lend a helpful hand etc,just a thought,hope it all goes well ,

Marc 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: