Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

drilling holes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddanson01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 17:54    Post subject: drilling holes Reply with quote

I want to drill some holes in the interior body work on my 1990 L300.
I'm goingto take the seats out and fit some wooden boxes for storage and make a bed etc. anyone got any top tips of good secure areas to drill or places that would be bad to drill

cheers Razz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 17:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most obvious point is you should never drill blind, i.e. without knowing that there's nothing on the other size... wires, pipes... fuel tank Shocked etc. It's hard to know what else to say in case I insult your intelligence or try to teach a granny to suck eggs etc. Just be carefull and use grommets if you pass wires thro metal etc.... Wink Other than that I think it's to wide a brief as it all depends on where you want to drill. Rolling Eyes
Sorry can't be more help :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always use gripfil its like poo in a blanket,just takes a bit of time to set and a lot of time to scrape off.
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advice,

Gripfil sticks anything to anything. I converted a mercedes Van into a camper and used it for 95% of all fixing jobs.
One thing thou make sure you use the one with solvent in it rather than the solvent free, on the grounds that its useless.
Give it 24 hours and the job is fixed for life. Razz

Chunkey monkey
Worx monkey
Twice the fun !
Mantained & Modded By SVS 01202821222
teddanson01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the advice.
ill look up gripfil. sounds like that would save me drilling and f*****g it up big time.
i 'm looking at putting a box structure at the back where the rear seat is. and an L shaped box starting across the front and down the far side if you get my drift. then having a couple of extra bits of wood that fit to make a bed.
bring on the advice
thanks
ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: