4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

1997+delicas (sva)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mreerie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 21:16    Post subject: 1997+delicas (sva) Reply with quote

if i bought a 1999 Delica how would i reg it as a camper or hearse(as no model report)????

a hearse conversion Can't be that hard.

i have researched and have not got a clear idea,except that it is done
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 21:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JapSTi3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Green Tree Motors Doncaster, i got my 97 New Shap L400 through them, they may help Question I hope. :?
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as what you buy has a chassis prefix PE8W then you can get it through the ESVA with the model report. The answers to your camper and hearse questions are in the SVA test manual to which there is a link in the forums. Campers have been tightened up now.
Hearse is something I thought of a short while back but it hasn't been done yet. I'm deciding whether it's worth me importing a new Nissan Stagea (a Skyline estate) or a Mitsu Legnum to see if one of them might go as a hearse. Basically it needs to be adapated to carry a deceased in comfort. A normal hearse would have runners to slide a coffin in and out and that's about it. I was thinking roofbox??
I'm visiting an SVA station today so I'll get some more advice and post it here.
mreerie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any age Delica is okay so long as it has that prefix.

the sva thing is crazy i have had a few lucidas sva ed before ,i diconect the front fogs then after you can connect them.whats the point

the hearse thing looks easy.

if someone came to me and presented a roof box as a hearse i would be in stitches,id pass it just for the humor
mreerie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say pd8w and pe8w on the model report website.

it does not say a year so i belive its any year (97+) ,am i right
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it will be both now - PD8W and PE8W, any year. Looks like they must have finally convinced VOSA that both vehicles are the same apart from the roof!
Model report for the newest Delicas will be in the pipeline shortly. Bit of a false economy at the moment as they're soo expensive and pretty hard to come by as they're not yet old enough for the Japanese to bin.
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention.....you can still do a minibus conversion and the camper conversion AT THE MOMENT. I checked up on this today as promised. For minibus you just need to put in extra seats (need 10 seats altogether). Bit of a squeeze but it can be done if you remove the seats in the back and replace them with 2 small 3 seater bench seats.
mreerie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a camper conversion does the car get submited to the sva station or straight to the dvla to reg it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: