4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Brean Sands Meet - Easter Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 14:21    Post subject: Brean Sands Meet - Easter Monday Reply with quote

Many thanks to Pad for organising this and I am sure all those who attended are grateful for his input....

I hope you all had a good day and didn't get too cold out there??

Please post all your photos and comments in this thread.

Regards,

Bruce.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 14:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Drooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't make it today, Delisaurus broken! Sad  Computer broken! Sad so couldn't let anyone know and worst of all having to be at inlaws just to post a message! Sad  Sad

I give up!!!!!!!

Hope you all had fun and I look forward to seeing the photos!

NOTE: I would be very greatful if no one would post any pictures of my children anywhere,
I won't post pics of my kids or anyone elses so please do me the same courtesy. Thanks
notty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there.

I turned up at the beach for 1117hrs to be greeted by the most miserable of car park beach attendants. It seemed like she had the whole world on her shoulders and was grumpier than the grumpiest of grumpy people. Anyway, I paid my £2 and crept down onto the sands only to find the beach 'delicaless'......I drove up for a few minutes to the right and then drove back again back towards the left ( towards berrow ) and came upon a couple sat looking all alone in a balck and silver L400. I turned around and crep up alongside them and asked them if they'd seen any Deli's about lately.
Thy were also waiting for the meet.
I explained to them that the arrangements were to be at the beach by 1100 hrs and then onto the pub for refreshments.
We headed off up to the Hobbs Boat Inn in Lympsham only to find that delicaless too.
We decided to head back towards Brean and find out if there was another beach entrance, but to no evail. So we gave it a miss and headed off to the aunties and uncles in Burnham for a tea and a pee. ( kids wre starting to nag by then )
After about an hour, we deceided to go back to the Hobbs Boat inn for a bite to eat.
We just got to the pub only to find a convoy of Delicas leaving  - heading back to Brean I guess,,,,,,,we couldn't tag along as the kids had set their heart on some nosh in the pub so we parked up and went in.

We got sat at a table and ordered our drinks, but the drinks would be brought over to us because they had run out of glassess !./.....How many drinks did you lot have then ?
We decided what we going to have to eat only to find out that the light lunches wren't being served on a bank holiday,,,,,( why leave the menus on the tables then >? )  and then they forgot out drinks...so i asked for our money back and left.....
Kids now not happy.....I wanted a ploughmans too...was getting the seious peckishness......
We drove out of the pub and headed off to Weston S Mare in search of a chippy......

After getting stuck in horendous traffic acrioss the front at WSM we found a chippy.....and the chips were 'boggin', bloody awful, you know the ones, you just can't swallow them......

Had enuff and decided to go home........

Just though I'd mention w did try to meet up but the day went from bad to worse....and got home to find the mains stop cock in the kitchen cupbosrds beneath the sink had decieded to spring a big leak and now we've got flood water in the house......

Hope you all had a good day anyway,,.....nice to see lots of delis in the same place togther...

PS Who had the L300 monster lifted truck ?...my kids want me to do mine..

Notty
hillbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you had such a bad day,it wasn't us who drank the pub dry.when we all got there they had no tables so we left and found a better pub.Can't remember who suggested the Hobbs Laughing Pete and Julia who you met did eventually find us at the beach,12 Deli's in all.great to meet up with friends old and new.Thanks go to Pad for his superb orginization. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Roll on the next one.  Bill
hillbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s Forgot to add hope you all got home o.k travelling south on M5 was o.k but it was stacked from Taunton northbound.

Bill
notty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hobb Boat Inn was my idea.....sorry guys. Glad you all had a great time and hope I didn't mess anyones plans up.

Time for a spot of plumbing......

whatever is a stop *bleep*....lol

stop tap....

byeeeeeeee
shogun708

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 21:35    Post subject: brean meet Reply with quote

hi all
sorry to hear about yor day notty nightmare
we got to brean beach about 11.15 to 11.30 to find we was the only Delica on the beach
must have gest missed you notty nightmare
but that didn't last long as a convoy of Delica,s pulled up nice
it was cold and windy on the beach but we stuck it out thanks to the man with the white Delica and the cups of tea cheers mate
went of to the pub the place was pack full so we went off down the road to the next one plenty of room there
we all had a realy nice day out
it was nice to meet you all
thanks to pad for a nice day out cheers mate

cart seem to be able to put photo on here but there is some on my photobucket link below
Jackdaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all, We had a great time today,

We met Ian FJ , Space cadet, Pad and Marc at the Services as planed.  Convoyed down to the beach 8-)  8-)  8-)
Met some nice Deli owners on the beach .8-)  8-)  8-) It's alway nice to see some new faces aswell as the regulars . Convoyed to the pub 8-)  8-)  8-) . Then on to the next one Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
The second pub were really accommodating. Must remember to book next time mate Laughing  Laughing

Well done Pad. You know how to plan a perfict day Laughing  Laughing

I think you should organise more meets Pad, you're the man 8-)  8-)  8-) .

Thanks fore the smelli Deli mate thumbright  

I only took a couple of shots

The big Lifted L300 belongs to Will-i-am, It sure is cool  8-)  8-)
pad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about yor day too notty.... Shocked

Mark and I set off from my home to meet up with members that was wating for us at the Services as planed and met up with  Jackdaw ,Ian FJ , Space cadet.....
off we went agan heading too the beach Convoy style.... 8-)
we got held up on the way by some one having some road rage... :o
we hit the beach about 11.30,and we met shogun708 and more members truned up a bit latter...
Will-i-am L300 was A beast..... thumbright
it was nice to have a chat to bar and famly.....
it was very nice to meet new members....i hope i did not put them off coming to ather meets to much  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
went off to the pub in Convoy but the pub was pack full so off we went agan down the road to the next one where there was plenty of room for us all....whot the pub was called  scratch  dontknow  ho well,had a fab meal there.... :D  :D  thay were really accommodating..... thumbleft  Must remember to book them next time..... Wink

and this is some of us at the pub....

i must say i could not organise a beter meet if i tried.....  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Pity about the near-miss notty.

Usual good time (if a little chillier than normal at the beach). Nice little convoy down from the services and a good laugh at the chav with his red Fiesta in the ditch.

Great to see the familiar faces and the new ones too, nice bunch these Deli drivers and their families (not that I'm biased in any way)

Great meal too, eventually (oops sorry Pad Razz  Embarassed  Razz  Embarassed)

Looking forward to more of the same but with warmth as spring and summer come around.

BBQs and shorts next time, fingers crossed!!

IanJ
bar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pad

We had a great time it was good to meet some of the other members who made me feel very welcome, got a few ideas for the Delica seen some cool mods

Hopeing to get along to other events this year

Also great pic's i erased mine by mistake

thanks barry
spacecadet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have never been to such a disorganised meet before,with no forward  planning or consideration given. Twisted Evil

just joking Pad  Wink  great day out was had by us,bit chilly on the beach but the warm welcome more than made up for it.
good to meet old and new members again.
we did eventually get a good meal at the Brent House Resturant,Bridgwater road,East Brent.tel 01278760246, i checked on my reciept Dave Smile
loved the convoy and seeing peoples faces as we went by :D
it was worth the long drive and i'm looking forward to the next week-end meet Pad. as you need the experience Laughing
will post my pics soon as i get them sorted.
oh and Dave ,thanks for the template and a much relieved thank's for stopping at the services on the way back to your place,the bottle was not an option   Shocked Rolling Eyes
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

We were away from Friday morning in the caravan so didn't have any internet access to find the meeting up place was now the beach.  We arrived at the Hobbs Boat at about 12.40 and phoned Pad (we had tried before and left a message) who said they were leaving the beach soon so we decided to order our food.  This was served in about 20 mins but between us arriving and then the convoy arriving it seemed the world and his wife had walked in so there wasn't any room for the convoy when they arrived (28 of them).  We were halfway through our meal so when everybody left to find another pub we followed them about 25 mins later.  When we arrived there they were half way through their food (and it looked nicer and better value than ours Twisted Evil ) so we had another drink (thats Ann as I was driving).  It was nice meeting up with everyone, friends new and old.  We're sorry if we didn't get to meet you properly as some had left by the time we came out of the pub.  Thanks to Pad for organising it, the beach photos looked cold.....BRRRRR

Our journey back to the caravan in the New Forest took ages as the A303 was nose to tail and very slow around Mere but we turned off and came into Wilton along some back roads and then the A30.

Cheers

David and Ann

PS Whens the next one????????
spacecadet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised ,here's the pics i took....brean sands meet
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
shogun708

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

see if this works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: