Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

steering issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazolaman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:52    Post subject: steering issue. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Has anybody had this one.....
driving down the m42 (lovely day out at crufts,no i didn't win),when.. i notice the steering wheel doesn't want to turn left ie i steer a little left and it stops against something.five pence ten pence!
so i carry on for 20 miles remarking to myself how infrequently you have to turn left on the m42,without letting my wife know about the sitation,then get thw fear and take the next exit,take a right and right again,stop giv e the wheel agood swing,it goes past the stoppage with a clunk,and were back on the road.
my guess is a steering lock situation but am keen to hear from more experienced people.
Cheers,kevin.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know but i would either get it checked ASAP or get under there yourself - steering is like brakes and tyres NOT to be taken lightly!!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE KICK INSIDE wrote:
don't know but i would either get it checked ASAP or get under there yourself - steering is like brakes and tyres NOT to be taken lightly!!!

I've had a situation where my foglight relay dropped from under the dash into the top of the steering mechanism. So have a feel round under there as well.  :?

On mine it almost caused a fire after my continued use of the steering split the casing open and allowed the internals to contact other metalwork and short things out.  :?

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
delboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was notchy like that and when I eventually diagnosed the problem I found that the lower u/j (on the steering shaft in the engine bay ) was seized due to being rusty or running out of grease .
To check the shaft disconnect the upper u/j and just move it about and also move the shaft about they should be fairly free if not it will need to be looked at . Some people have given the u/j's a thorough dosing of WD40 but I would think that is only a stopgap remedy .

Derek.
mazolaman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks folks,i will check out all of the above.
cheers,kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: