Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Any greenlaners in the Midlands/Warwickshire

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikyuu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 18:42    Post subject: Any greenlaners in the Midlands/Warwickshire Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone lives in the Midlands or Warwickshire who knows of any good green lanes and would like to get together one weekend Question

I've looked on some greenlaning websites but can not find anything in the area. Any suggestions would be welcome, preferably non-tarmaced routes! :D

PS found a good site for water fords, and tried a couple out around Stratford......

www.wetroads.co.uk

This one says 0.5m on the post, but it dropped to about 0.8m (over the top of 31" tyres), was scary as hell, but she made it through without a problem. A guy had just come though in his Defender 90, so that gave me a lot of confidence Laughing !!

and a nice'n easy one...

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 18:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

macca

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, but it has got me thinking;

Is there a factory wading depth for the L400, and are there any breathers that need extending(diff's axle gearbox etc)or holes plugging?

Just looking at getting ready for the winter floods!

Col
rikyuu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

there's a breather on the rear diff up to the chassis, but I've read on this forum that's there's none on the front. Don't know why, presume it needs a breather.
Water was probably up to the chassis anyway as it was coming though the door into the step hehe!!

cheers
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a 3" lift helps Rik Wink Laughing
L400 hasn't got a front axle as such has it? Just drive shafts due to being Independant front suspension. Don't know about L300s.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just had to test it out didn't I, hehe!! I think I may have got me feet wet without it!

There's sort of a front axle, well a diff and sticky out bits anyway. I presumed it would need a breather for when the oil expands although very strange not to fit one, so maybe they got around it somehow. :?

Know any green lanes around Warwickshire?

cheers
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't Rik. But if you buy a OS map of the area and look for RUPPS and BOATS. They will usually run in straightish lines and may have normal roads linking sections etc. Then in theory you can go to a local town hall and find a definative map which should have the road legal ways marked on them Wink The local council may have a web site with them on. Or you could try: http://www.offroadroutes.net/
Good luck Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik if you find any, do let us know - we'd love to do some too and we're not too far from you :D.

Lisa

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
rikyuu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

willisa wrote:
Rik if you find any, do let us know - we'd love to do some too and we're not too far from you :D.

Lisa

No problem, you're defintely welcome to come along if I find anything, just bring a rope to pull me out of the mud!!

Thanks for your suggestion Russ, tried that website but none in the area. Had alook at the local OS map, but no BOATs or similar. Will keep searching and ask a few LR owners I know, but those routes might be a bit easy HeHe!!
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik,
Might be an idea to try the AWDC as well. I sometimes get the 4x4 magazine, not sure of exact title... It might even be the LR one but the point is it usually has a list of nationwide event with the smaller local clubs.
My first foray off-road was with our local club SCOR (Southern Counties Off Roaders) I've got a good video made by my mate who I went with, of the event. Mind you it was more trials based than road based. Great fun Shocked 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

willisa wrote:

Lisa

Right then, I think I've found one :D . It starts off at Helmdon near Banbury and ends up in Daventry, all cross country (of course Laughing ) and is about 26 miles so will take a few hours. Apparantly all the route is BOATS, I think it was checked earlier this year.

Got it all marked up on the maps, but haven't driven it as I need a guinney pig with wellies from somewhere to help the missus pull me out if (when) I get stuck.....any ideas Question Exclamation Ah Lisa, this is your big chance Laughing . Fancy a go then?

Anyone else like to join me Question the more people with ropes and 'pulling out of muddy ruts' machines, the better. But best keep it to less than 5, but preferably more than one. :D

Hopefully looking at doing it before Xmas if anyone can make it, drop me a PM with availability.

cheers
willisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool! I'll show William and see what we can come up with. (have tow ropes :D).

I'll get back to you later Smile.

willisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik - I've pm'd you with some possible dates.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rikyuu

I live in Coventry too hoping to get my Deli in the next few weeks. I think I have seen your Deli already.

Chris
Mutley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna show me ignorance now...wot are RUPPS and BOATS people.. Question Have never been off-road yet, hope to some time next year, got Goodyear A/T tyres fitted this year ready, hopefully they are good enuff for a bit of green lanin' as we do not have the funds available to have two sets of wheels & tyres... Embarassed ...gonna have to get me a few OS maps for this area [Harlow, Essex & surroundin' areas] and try and find something methinks... Laughing ...or tag on to one of the runs in 2005, if no-body minds... Wink
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick answer is Rupp= Road used as public path and Boat= Byway open to all traffic.

These 'roads' are generally okay to use with vehicles as opposed to bridlepaths etc which are not Wink
Your local council will have a map at it's Town Hall showing all lanes that vehiclees are allowed to use.

In the meantime keep your eyes open in the Event section here and on the Pocuk forum for events nr you Wink Have fun 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers dude... 8) ...I'm a big believer in "If you never ask...you'll never learn...!!"... Laughing Wink
rikyuu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine67 wrote:
Hi Rikyuu

I live in Coventry too hoping to get my Deli in the next few weeks. I think I have seen your Deli already.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Brilliant, another Deli in Coventry. Give me a shout if you want to try some green laning, or know of any routes in the area. I'm doing some this weekend, with willisa. If you are interest now or in the future, drop me a pm.

cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

The people we are getting the Deli from had it nicked today but they have got us another one with higher spec. Embarassed should with luck be here on Wed.
Dave C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

am in daventry at the end of the route have you got your 5 yet
rikyuu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave C wrote:
am in daventry at the end of the route have you got your 5 yet

hi Dave,

got a few more in the area interested for the next outing. Likely to be January'ish as I've got loads of Xmas lunches and beer to drink before Xmas Laughing !!

Interestees so far are;

WILLISA (assuming the first attempt didn't put them off!)
UMBELAGO
ELAINE67 (fingers crossed she gets her Deli finally)
Dave C

Think that would make a pretty good group Laughing

Keep your eyes peeled for any other routes. This one was good though, with a mix of muddy fields, tracks and country lanes. Could try it backwards too!
Hopefully will have a GPS soon so will be able to mark the route on it.

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: