Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Newbury Episode II (Return to the Fords)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 20:43    Post subject: Newbury Episode II (Return to the Fords) Reply with quote

What a day! What a LAUGH!!  Laughing

Rusty - Many thanks for organising this and twisting my arm to get me to attend  Twisted Evil  (like I needed an excuse?  Rolling Eyes )

Timpers - Many thanks for doing the recce/updates on the fords....nice work!  Wink

It was great to meet 'the usual suspects' again and also to meet so many new members. From what I saw and heard today, it seemed like everybody had fun? I certainly did!  Laughing

Weren't the fords a laugh! Thanks to Noisey for doing an impromptu reenactment of Beat's submarine dive last year - what is it about the third car through having the engine flooding?? Hope the motor is alright now? Remember to stick that spare filter in mate.... Wink

Marcus Bloke - hope you get the tyre sorted?

As for me - I'm hoping the rear of the Mud Monkey will be dry in a week or so! Must have been an inch deep in the back by the time I got to the other end! Might need to rip the wood floor out to dry under it properly!  Rolling Eyes  All my tools are currently on the radiator being dried ready for a good dose of WD40 tomorrow morning. I suppose I deserved it for forgetting to shut the sliding door before heading down that waterway!!  Embarassed  Thankyou everyone for keeping an eye on my 'underwater' tool case while I was off playing  Laughing  Twisted Evil  Razz

Hope you all enjoyed it and look forward to meeting up again sometime soon?

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

P.S. I'll upload the photos and videos tomorrow - need to spend some time with the Mrs tonight.....

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 20:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet those of that I did - it wasn't everyone. I'll come along again sometime, as this was a first for us, and meet some more of you.

Unfortunately missed the fording as we headed off early - we randomly bumped into an old friend who happened to walking thru the carpark we were in, and ended up following them back top theirs for a bite to eat. Mine was the unpimped one  Wink  Embarassed , with the bullbar removed, running on veg oil.

Thanks especially to Rusty (though I didn't meet you) for organising, Jackdaw and Pad - I'll defo be in touch, Pad, re a hand doing a lift. I'll do some reading up and then be in touch.

Cheers

Matt
Drooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome, we had a brilliant time.

Sorry we had to vanish but kids needed collecting from Granny and with the Deli seeming to be dropping more fuel than she was using I thought it best not to polute the water course!!  Rolling Eyes

Glad every one had fun swimming and also kind of glad I didn't have a go, nothing smells worse than wet carpets!!

Thanks to Scary for making me feel small and inadequate. Laughing  Laughing

We are looking forward attending something again soon, should have my new bits on by then, thanks Bruce.

Again thanks to all

P.s Sorry I didn't introduce myself to more of you but was to busy looking at the Delis and "borrowing" ideas Laughing  Laughing

NOTE: I would be very greatful if no one would post any pictures of my children anywhere,
I won't post pics of my kids or anyone elses so please do me the same courtesy. Thanks
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick post to say a huge thanks to everyone for coming and making another successful meet. I'll be back later with some pics and more to say I'm sure... Cheers Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers fella, had a great time. Nice to meet you all and put some names to some faces.

Zog with the Palica/Dejero
jd_n_coke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 22:06    Post subject: great day at newbury Reply with quote

well wot can i say apart from cheers guys, was good to meet sum of you today had great fun n a bit of a giggle esp watching one certain person hit the ford a bit hard n gettin water where it shouldnt and even more of a giggle was watching erm bruce?? drive up the stream minus his tool box Laughing  Laughing
look forward to seein the pics when there posted Wink
scarey monster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Great day and great laugh...........Sorry about your tools Bruce but someone pointed out to me that there were no salvage rights in a stream - so I threw them back!! Wink

I must admit that the drive down and the convoys, fording, people and laughs has brought me to a decision for the time being....the Deli is staying. I have had so much done to the bus that it would be a shame to let the big boy go at the moment. I came home a tad quicker now the crate and ladder  have gone but they went to a good home - it just leaves me with the spare wheel problem!

I've made a few family members happy too!!

Great to see old and new members alike.

Cheers
Scott

PS. Now the bus isn't my primary car for work etc I'll be doing more of this tomfoolery I can tell 'ee!!
Timpers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 22:32    Post subject: Newbury II Reply with quote

Hi
Well what can one say BRILLIANT!  
Good to meet up again, hope all returned to base okay, dry and safe.
Bruce, how was the cuppa and the biscuits as we left? Had to get the bruv and little ones back.
Watched the video once home, excellent river run.
Thanx to everyone for making it a good meet.
Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers again!!
Autograss Race Mini - what is it about mud!
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rusty for organising a great day, you even made the sun shine  Laughing  It was great meeting everyone, members old and new and having a laugh.    The various convoys certainly made a statement.  Ann enjoyed driving through the fords (I'll get her washing the Deli tomorrow  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  )  Looking forward to the next one.

Hope you got home okay Mark and Denise and hope you get all your tools dry Bruce.

Cheers

David
Jackdaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Russ for organising another fab meet. Smile  Smile  Smile

The convoy worked out well Laughing  Laughing . Everyone was where they said they would be , and when they said they would be. 8-)  8-)  8-)

It was good to meet the regulars, and lots of meet virgins too Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

It seemed to go dead quick. Shocked  Shocked

Roll on the summer, when we can have more weekend do's and more chinwag time,  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Looking forward to the next one already.

It's a shame Bristol bloke couldn't make it Sad  Sad

Cheers Dave
jd_n_coke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to add a big thanks to scarey for the crate n ladder, all i need now is to buy a awning, sort out a roof spot bar, get her lifted 2",get sum custom side steps made, a custom towbar n thinkin about a bottle of jd n coke airbrushed on the rear side panels!!! then ill be a happy chappy altho wallets gonna be a tad empty Laughing  Laughing

Can't wait till the nxt meet :D
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day, Thanks Rusty for the organising and Bruce for bringing back my tools left at the last meet Rolling Eyes
We both had a fab time and enjoyed meeting up with everyone.
Anne and Dave we made it back in one piece :D  thanks for the chat at the lunch table its good to catch up.
Woody..... life saver 8-)  I'll return tyre in the next couple of weeks thumbright
The the dam decent bloke with the jack, tools and mats..many thanks and I'm REALLY sorry that I never got your name
if I did I've got a head like a sieve and have forgotten it, but I don't forget a face so next time the drinks are on me !

So basically TOP day, soggy fun and great company 8-)  perfect Sunday.

Mark & Denise.

Chunkey monkey
Worx monkey
Twice the fun !
Mantained & Modded By SVS 01202821222
spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

great day ,it was good to meet up with old friends and to meet some new ones.
i loved  the fording and when i can upload my pics including a very brief glimpse on vid of Bruce going up the river with his side door open,i will.
i always find that after a meet i get very depressed  Sad  as i see many bling that i want on mine,but can't get yet and so many more new mods and idea's that i want to do Rolling Eyes
still as they say ,once you start on them you never really stop Wink
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 0:15    Post subject: Newbury virgin.... Reply with quote

Great day guys, Thanks Rusty.
Good to meet up, try to put some faces against names and see the Deli herd.
Thanks Bruce for the open heart surgery - ran home without the filter, a little induction roar but felt okay.
Typical, got home, went for my spare filter, opened the box - Milners sent the wrong one.
Luckily with the filter in the foot well all the way home with the heater on and it was bone dry.
All is running smooth (fingers crossed), I have a run to London Monday so will see how it goes.
William was beside himeself for loosing the first river run video but the second is okay and I will post it when I have upload time.
Great fun in the water, once I took the lead boot off, so here are the few photos we didn;t loose:

Even Mud Monkeys clean their tools...

After two weekends of bashing poor Jasper I think an oil change is in order and a quiet weekend to lick our wounds and change filters...
Cheers guys good fun.
IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent day!

Glad to have got the Fridge's feet wet at last. Great to see the old faces and to greet newbies. Glad the spirit of the club is being maintained.

Thanks to those who spotted the detached bit of the Fridge floating in the first ford and to Bruce for retreiving it. Found out on the way home that it holds the inner wing in place and at 50mph it blows back onto the tyre and makes some very interesting noises, thank god for cable ties!

Sorry we missed the puncture drama but it looks like it was solved with the good will and mutual effort I've come to expect from the good people of MDOCUK.

Roll on spring and summer, barbies, beaches, etc.

Will post the few piccies I got tonight.

Cheers

IanJ
zoglet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh now you're talking, beaches and barbies. All you sou'westerlies will have to invite ud townies down to a weekend by the sea ;-)

And no Scott, you can get rid of the Deli until 1) I get a chance to repay you that pint and quavers (the lunch of kings) and 2) saved up enough money to buy scarey off you. It's just a shame it doesn't have a roof rack . . . .

Wink

(let us know if you see an improvement in top speed and mpg)
Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbies?

You going to be showing them on the beach :?
Laughing
crazychris1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 17:43    Post subject: newbury meet Reply with quote

great meet took in lot of ideas ?2many it made my head spin the autonator went  on the way home Sad
L400_Davet
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Rusty and all,

geat day out had by all, exept when we got to headley ford,

Little one and other half had a bit of a heart attack  Shocked  Laughing

but now want to do it all again Laughing  Laughing

nice to meet old faces and new ones,

hope you weren't watching too much telly on the way back, following us Scott Laughing

Also hope you didn't get too hungry following the bbq / donut type fumes Wink  Wink  Laughing

see ya soon, looking forward to the next meet :D

Dave

P.S.

Keefe if you want some barbies I think the little one may have a few she wants to get rid of  Laughing  Laughing

MDOCUK Lifetime Member 112
woody6242

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Great meet nice to meet up with some old faces and some new one looking forward to the summer when we can have some.
Glad you got back okay Mark ( now what do i need gas or a spare wheel)  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  just pm us when you are in this area.
Thanks to Rusty for organising the meet  Smile
See you all again soon

The Big pratical work horse..........
The "Mitsubishi Delica" is exciting vehicle.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: