Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Alarms!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:22    Post subject: Alarms!! Reply with quote

need to have one fitted asap on the royal, we're booked in to have a cat i cobra fitted soon, but we're having second thoughts.

the only problem we had with this alarm was that you had 60 seconds to start the engine, or you had to manually deactivate the immobilisor.. now being a lazy madam, i want to be able to just get in and drive!! on my astra gte i had a cat ii immobilisor fitted and it just had a deactivation tag on my keyring, i.e. just get in and start!

what alarms do you guys have/recommend .. have you had any problems?

am having a look at https://www.secureserver2.co.uk/ssl/www.caralarmuk.com/acatalog/Toad_Vehicle_Security_systems.html

at the moment, looking at the Toad Ai606 .. any recommendations for this? I'd want this company to come out and fit it too, anyone had any problems with them?

thanks in advance for your comments/help/suggestions Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ginja Nutz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Doody Astra,

I think you'll find that to comply with Thatcham cat 1, the alarm system has to automatically immobilise the ignition system if it key is not inserted after the alarm has been de-activated or the doors opened.
This is usually 30 - 60 sec.

This means that if you pulled up at a garage for go-go juice, went and paid but forgot to lock your Royal carriage, it would prevent someone nicking it. Smile

Mine has a 30sec delay. If this expires, I just turn the key and press the key fob which re-mobilises the ignition......... not a great usage of energy, but I know you are a busy sprite Wink

My alarm is a an "Autowatch 160 RLi" fitted by a local alarm company - £299 all in and it took them about 5hrs to fit.
Has usual toys - remote arming/door locking, ultrasonics etc. It didn't need any separate interface modules to operate the door motors like some do (and cost extra !). It has performed well and I haven't had any nuisance alarms etc.
Looking around the UK web, they seem well represented.
Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool nutty dude, i'll take all that on board cheers Smile insurance only require a cat ii, so just going for an all singing all dancing one for the sake of it really, and the remote central locking is just a must have when trying to supervise 3 kids in and out of the beast!

on the cobra i had to manually take the key out of the lock, insert the keyfob into the immobilisor then reinsert the key to start the engine.. a bit of a pain! i could cope with pressing a button tho i think.. Wink

not got a good response from that company tho, so am searching the net for a remote company that is still in my budget!!

thanks for your reply Smile
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astra another good cat 1 system with remote central locking and one button press to disarm immobiliser if it kicks in after about 2mins is GT AUTOALARM i had one on the paj and there a very very good alarm can also add lots of extras to them ,cost around £300 fitted but prices may vary area to area.hth

Marc 8)

Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers marc Smile

i should have stated that my budget is £300+ - hopefully no more than £400 Shocked

at the moment i cannot locate a company that will come out remotely to fit any alarm, let alone the one i am after lol
Indigo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.O i stumbled across a number for the Vehicle Security National Helpline which is 0870 550 2006, when i eventually get through i'll let you know what they say about the toad ai606! or if they recommend another one!
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

On NO account get a 'Max Power' alarm, They are c**p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:
On NO account get a 'Max Power' alarm, They are c**p

*quivers under desk*

yes sir!

Laughing
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Astra I did not mean that as an order Exclamation Laughing By all means get one but the one fitted to mine is a waste of time. If you don't switch the ignition on immediately, it will rearm and trigger when you do etc. Also I don't seem to be able to put it into valet mode without it reseting after turning the ignition just once. This means that I am forever having to manually override it if doing stop-start driving if you see what I mean. It might be a case that it isn't set up right but *** security who fitted it, would not answer emails sent to them asking for advice :? Evil or Very Mad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Sigma M30 cat1 alarm it works realy well and never false alarms (unlike my old Clifford alarm) it also does full window closure and folds in the mirrors when arming Wink
Also got it linked into my tracker, so when it alarms it sends a text to my phone 8) (not sure how I'll feel if it goes off and i'm abroad on hols Shocked )
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Indigo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted this on the POCUK forum as well, as i figured that the paj dudes will have alarms as well and have come up trumps!

someone has given me the number of a remote fitter in bristol that will fit a toad ai606 to me beast for £300.. RESULT!! woohoo

roll on pay day now ;)

thx for all your help guys Smile hope the info helps others too Smile
hairyben

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

best immob I ever saw was fitted to an AA frontera. The guy could jump out and leave his truck running as it worked on proximity to a transponder in his pocket- If you drove it away without it you'd get about 100 yards.

now gone Sad

merc vito 120- eaten 2 EGR's in 6k bandhead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: