Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

North Wales - Sunday 20th Jan 2008

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 23:22    Post subject: North Wales - Sunday 20th Jan 2008 Reply with quote

Well Suppose better start the thread...  :D

Photo's and video's in this thread please....

Just incase anyone notices how many vehicles seem to be involved, we set off a good 10-15mins apart and did our best to keep apart, but things being what they were sometime we ended up meeting on lanes, all we could do was back of and do our best to follow the GLASS guidelines about greenlane driving.

Anyway..... I have loads of pics and video, as soon as I have proccesed some I'll post up...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jennysteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope everyone got back home safely, sorry we could only stay for the one lanebut jen was impressed. well judging from the colour she went,kinda greenish/grayish colour on the steep camber i really thought she was going to hurl. but lucky for me she just grinned and soldiered on Laughing  Laughing  Shocked

MUSTAVIT ! AND JEN
bri2708

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Havn`t u done them photos yet????

Great day. bit slow at first but expected for first timers

will have to do again soon

Brian
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/roverroller/OffRoadJan08

have a look there thats all the photo's I took....

I'm away for a few days with work so will enjoy looking at what you guys have taken when I return....

Lesley and I went down to look at the Corwen carwash river crossing, pics show it was not viable to even try and cross it !
steve b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO JENNYSTEVE I , I WHO AM UNMOVEBLE (thats a new word) LITERALLY SH*T MY PANTS DOING that particular part of the course, anyone film that bit ? 30 degrees over , then that spiteful so'nso of a farmer MUST have built some booby traps 'cos it felt like it was going to go over n' over n' over until i was dead....i prayed to ALL the gods i know,, some i made up me, that was NASTY !!!!!!!!!!!
jennysteve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing i quite enjoyed it, all i said to myself was , theres no Deli in the ravine so we gonna be okay. until the funny smells started emitting from the wifes area of the beast. not gonna tell her that bit wouldn't, like to offend her an that  Shocked just to ease your mind i have been in worse situations than that and lived Wink glad you've enjoyed the experience and lived to tell the tale, ha ha. me personally really enjoyed the day and putting faces to names was an added bonus. nice to meet you guys and look forward to meeting again.

MUSTAVIT ! AND JEN
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I didn't use my camera much, an iffy knee meant jumping in and out of the Deli was a bit much.  Four made it to the overnight camp at the Ponderosa,  Where the local busies stopped to see who we were.  Oh by the way the house at the back of the cafe belongs to the owners dad, ie the fella taking the money when we paid £4 for a huge, hot, Full English Breakfast.  4 more Deli's turned up, we don't need to say who was late to get there and didn't get a breakfast,  which was 'Strange' as he arrived after the 'rover' with the winch got there!   Embarassed

It was a 60-40 wet and dry day out.  Here's a couple of piccys of the line ups and video clips of two bog Standard unlifted L400's fitted with standard road tyres, I am amazed how well they coped. Now lads just imagine what you could do with MT's and using your low-low gears wwith difflock!  Laughing   Twisted Evil

Watch out for Simons Deligrin at the end of blasting his Silver machine through the puddles.

Note the piccy of the Deli's in the field and spot Deli number 1's method of saving the low hanging number plate from getting bust.  Laughing

Thanks to everyone for turning up and making it a great days outing.  It was great to put so many faces to names.  Including Artic Fox and Mystery Machine, who we came across, out with another club in the Mud Monkey.  Redneck was on the CB there too.

[b]

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis & Mark,

It was great to meet you both at last but I'm gutted it was only in passing!  Sad

A few of us were discussing the possibility of coming up again for a LONG weekend of laning in May - maybe then we'll have time for a proper chat, share a brew etc... Wink

Some really nice photos there and looks like you all had fun - it sounds like the 'newcomers' had a fantastic day....but then they would, they were in good hands.... 8)

I've got to sort through my (400+  Shocked ) photos and chop it down to a select few to summarise our weekend....VERY difficult to do that when we covered so much!

Hopefully I'll have a thread of our 'parallel' weekend sorted soon (videos will have to wait though - don't have time to edit them yet!  Sad )

Thanks again,

Bruce.

Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from the Deli virgins!!!
We had a great time - all thanks to Mark, Lester for organising the "event" suitable for us road tyred, standard height machines and bringing the back up Landy, but it really shows how good Deli's are that we all got around safely with only one rope "tug" in oursmall trailblazing group.
It was great to meet everyone, put some faces to names and meet new names, although I am sure I have forgotten one or two.
I am really glad we came Saturday night - thanks also to Steve Lucky, Andyj & Lester for turning up for a cosy beer in Steve's Deli in spite of the rain and wind.  
The Ponderossa was a great venue, breakfast was great and kept us going for the day.
As discussed earlier in this link the first road of the day was a good break in for us with a 30° plus tilt - Poor William had his eyes closed!!
See our photos - please remember these were taken by a very excited 9 yr old.
Splash contest (hopefully still in convoy order) :-

Lester's Landy + 2

Noisey in Jasper with upside down number plate (glad we did that...)

Andyrep + son

Lucky Steve !!

Andy rep after the only tow of the day although he may not have done lucky Steve a favour in releasing him to carry on to finish the day & into the water...

One of the few times when team B caught up team A at the entrance to yet another great lane of the day.

Darryl going up the step - bunny hop ?

White Deli splash - Darryl practicing what was to come later.....
Now each in turn to practice their water sports - note the Darryl's sun roof open....

So fun was had by all - definately in our Deli....
Once again, thanks to all we had a great weekend out and it was great to meet you all and appologies if I have missed anyone out or spelt names wrong...
William had such a great time he is asking his teacher if he can do a "show & tell" on it this week - can we bring Jasper into school.?.....
Well I know it will make the front steps now but I don;t know what the headmaster will think !!!!
Thanks once again to all & when can we do it again ?...
(Ahhh now for some A/T + 2"......)
andyrep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

thanks for a fantastic day, both Stephen and myself really enjoyed it, this is the first time we have done any thing like this in the Deli, having not realy been involved with any sort of club events in the past, and i am sure will not be the last.

the thing that i found was that everybody was really freindly even on being corrected by Lewis on the correct pronunciation of Delica  Laughing at 8:50 in the morning whilst getting coffees in the cafe !!!

i think that i have a lot to learn about the ability of these "beast" or should that be wolfs in lambs clothing, because i was amazed at what I could do on "puffy" road tyres and no lifts, and at no point did we feel isolated or defeated

the whole atmosphere of the day was brilliant

there were some really funny bits especially when Darol went through the water at top speed only to realise his sunroof was open but then just shruged it of and laughed (no offence ment)

Steve lucky hope you back okay and the missus didn't go mad at you for plastering your Deli but having it valeted the week before  Shocked

next time iam camping

everybody was really great and helpfull

so all i want now is a white Delica bit of a lift!! wide arches big bore exhaust and small amount of water damage to the front seats  Laughing  Laughing

cheers once again

carnt wait for the next one my daughters already got one on her for not coming

Andy & Stephen

will post some pics when i remember my photo bucket login and password  Embarassed
simmossotto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis & Mark and everyone else

Well I have to say that I really enjoyed my first ever green laning experience.  To be honest I thought it was absolutely awesome.  That bit where the Deli went over 45 degrees on that steep bank was the most hair-raising bit for me, and Ciaran too as I'm sure I heard him swear. Laughing   We will deffo be doing it again next time.  Like to thank Mark for arranging a great day out, and Lewis for all the advice and help you gave us along the route.  Managed to get most of the mud off the Deli today...well I thought I had until I had a look in the engine bay, God knows how I'm gonna clean the engine but I don't really care as It was all well worth it. :D

Regards
Simon

P.S.  I want Darrels Deli.
andyrep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics of the day hope they are okay

simmossotto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see all the cracking photo's that are going up on here.  Feel like a right git now 'cos I hardly took any.  I think I was just too excited with the whole experience.  I will make sure I take plenty next time.  Sorry guys.

steve b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really enjoyed that day, so much so everyone is getting bored with me going on about it all the time, i have'nt been in work tonight, because of an eye operation, the missus said me Deli smelt, i told her it was fear (conquering hero i suspect ! but i did'nt sh*t  me pants, nearly tho') thanks to mark, leslie and brian, and the other fella (the quiet fella who sat in with me occasionally) i have had a chance to wash me motor yet, and check underneath for any damage  Shocked  idid try to video some stuff , but its difficult when your by yourself !!!!,,, and me digi camera has bit the dust,, it was great to meet all you fellas and girls, cheers to andyrep for the tow out, and to noisey(and son, who by the way took EXCELLENT photos and videos) and andyj and lewis for the company that night ! strangerover , i did'nt run short o diesel ........but i do have a bearing prob somewhere (?) cheers anyways chaps........ a most enjoyable day, i really look forward to doing it again soon, but i do think swb Delis have the edge over lwb delis .........  Wink
Noisey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post OP...
Just in case anyone is reviewing this site in the future and wondering whether they can take their own Deli on such a trip I just thought I would show the road tyres I completed the day on - as did at least four other Deli's.
So we weren;t all mud monster, ground ripping, jacked up super trucks.
For any greenies / ramblers / 2WD Kill Joys reading this - that was a sarcastic gross exadgeration of the non-road tyred Deli's.
You can also clearly see by the wheel arch it is a standard height - topping 2070mm for a high top Short Wheel Base...

Just in case anyone is wondering - bottom "damage" is negligable, a dink (small dent - not small blue ball face) in the bottom base plate,
near Diff and paint worn off on the lower ridges of base plate and on the inside rear swinging arms..
I've done more damage whilst trail riding on 2 wheels in the past, on bikes that cost similar money to my Jasper...
Just need to pick mud off underside nooks & crannies and jet wash.

Whilst perusing my photos, now I have a little more time and found two more suitable photos of Lucky Steve to put up....

William has gone to school today with his Deli grin on & a memory stick full of photos and videos to do his "show & tell"

Noisey
Darrel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Gee here Darrel missus, thanks for a great day laning, it was lovely to meet new faces.  I have a few pictures to upload but our internet access at home is down.  I'll try put them on later in the week.

TTFN

Do dyslexic zombies crave Brians?
REDNECK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great piccies on here guys   8-)

I would just like to say a HUGE THANKS from myself and the members of WCM to Mark for helping me sort out routes for our trip in Wales, glad we finally got to meet  Wink  and good to see so many Delis out on the lanes  8-)  okay so I was out in my Paj and not my Deli but it's still got a Y/D ( POCUK)

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
andyrep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 20:43    Post subject: damage were to start !! Reply with quote

on the subject of damage

my Deli seems to of dumped about 4 pints of oil all over my drive  Evil or Very Mad

it appears i think to come from the pressure switch but hey ho

wrong place for this disscussion (still don't think its a consequence of Sunday )

Cheers Andy
andyj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

was a good laugh this trip .. really enjoyed it

heres some vids:

had the edge taken off when i washed the Deli and found a big dint on the rear panel, plus i had  a dinge in the bash plate directly behind the plastic cowling on the front.. it had hit the oil filter and kicked it at an angle, but it held!.. so I'm off for a new filter tomorrow (needed one anyway) and to borrow a lump hammer!
steve b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy... mate, thats why i brought that spare oil filter along, i forgot that you wanted it , i had to shoot off, work and the missus rang me , she had some important news to tell me, so i had to get off, i'm a grandparent at the mo, with ahother grandson due in april, on Sunday, when i got home i've found out me 3rd grandchild is on its way !!!!!!!!........  Shocked  Shocked  anywhoose, if you still need a filter , i've got one if your stuck, £9.62  Wink  (by the way, did you deliberatly leave the sound off on the video of the drop, b'cos i would of, because i was crying like a baby  Sad   )

Andrep, i know that the oil sender problem has nothing to do wiv Sunday, 'cos the oil sender is not in a place to get damage, however i got earache over the state of me motor, ie covered in mud, on Monday when she saw it in daylight, and i'm still getting earache now 'cos i've not managed to steam it all off completely !!! however i did steam off the underneath this morning at 6.00am ............ the front suspension crossmember, front lower swinging arms, all around steering rack and front diff, the rear trailing arms were all solidly stuffed with mud and took a good 20 mins each to clear out !!!!!!

it doesn't look like there is any damage but i will have a look tonight, I'm looking forward to the long weekend off roading in may, it has been mentioned on this thread, i hope i see the same people again b'cos i tought it was an excellent weekend !!!  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: