4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Dumb ass tyre question time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32    Post subject: Dumb ass tyre question time Reply with quote

What should the tyres fitted to the Deli be size wise. As I am trying to figure out how much my 31x10.5 are throwing my odometer and fuel economy  Rolling Eyes out.

Plus looking at a set of 16" L200 alloys with 265/70r16's on the same as Kenr1's and a few others as I am sick of the nearside tyre catching when on full lock.

I know it is in the manual but cannot find it right now and i have till 21st to decide whether to bother with these wheels.....but I will want to put front mud flaps back on once I can locate some.

Thanks in advance.

My Delica Album
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

256/70 r16's ,... i would have expected them to catch without mods....i have 225/75 r/16's on and they are CLOOOOSE
Jackdaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard replacement size are 235/75x15 .I think they are the same size as 30x9.5.

The tyres they come from Japan with are few and far between. 225/80/15 or was it 225/70/15 :?  :?

I'm running 235's on rims with an extra 35mm offset and they are as close as I would want to go.
rascal808

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya bud  :D

As far as I know, the standard size on the usual rims are 225/80 R15.
This was the size of tyres on ours and they had been on since the shores of Nippon I believe. I have replaced them with the same size, not the easiest to source but not too much hassle either. Especially with all the kind folks here!  :D

HTH

Rascal808

ricky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just put some l200 wheels on mine with 265/170/16 tyres I took about 20 minutes to mod the front arches. I took the mud flaps off trimmed the plastic with my mate stanley. I then hammered down a bit of the rear seams and cuts a bit of the lower rear out, and trimmed the front corners a bit. I did run it for a week without the mods but flaps removed just to see where it was catching. It only seemed to be an issue full lock over bumps or round roundabouts.
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh S**t I hope I get out bid now ! don't want to mod anything at all. ANyone want some L200 alloys currently £67 for 4 including tyres ?

My Delica Album
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I run 235/75 X 15 Bridgestone Duellers H/T on standard Paj/Deli wheels with 32mm spacers all round and wheel arches.  The only fouling I have is on full lock in reverse on the O/S/F wheel which I think is down to the mud flap being loose (it's too cold/wet/something else to do -delete as applicable-to look properly)

Cheers

David
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn't on last night or I could have directed you to this table that I put up previously on a post  :?

However its given me time to do another for you, tailored to your specific wheel sizes stated.

Where the Tyre Diameter difference is in red you have a problem, the % difference should be no greater than 3%.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis I don't know where we would be without your non stop knowledge. You are officially the Delica Bible :o

Well the alloys on ebay are still for £67 which i must admit was a bit more than I really want to pay out for something that may not fit without some major work. But I think I will have to find a set of tyres that will fit accordingly. As you've already stated I am already 5%+ out with my current tyres/alloy combo so would really like to get back to the normal but using a smaller profile to reduce the roll a  little.

Looks like some investigation on that website again for some potential contenders.

Thanks again.

My Delica Album
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could go to: http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit and do the calculations yourself Wink

The link has been in the 'Useful link' section for quite a while http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=274
Very worthwhile place to visit Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rusty. I am on it as I type now.. I thought I'd seen a link somewhere but could I hell as like find it. Thanks

My Delica Album
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the possibility you make have to keep the 16" wheels I have just checked that out and come up with:-

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like 235/70r16 is going to be the best match to the 235/75r15's now all i need to do is find someone that stocks them..... Some part worn tyres coming up soon guys. 265/70r16 bridgestone duelers

My Delica Album
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up being outbid anyhow ! now to find some of the proper size tyres for myy original alloys!

My Delica Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: