Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

wheels and tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 16:48    Post subject: wheels and tyres Reply with quote

hi there,great site by the way,don't know if i am doing this right or not but i shall try anyway,new to site but had my 1995 Delica 2.8 exceed (pd8w) for just over the year and i love it so i thought it was time to do it up a little.thinking of new wheels just 16" its the tyres i am not sure about am i right in thinking that 245/70/r16 is the biggest tyre i can fit without doing any mods don't mind if they stick out from the arches a little. i would be very greatful for some info cheers gary
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 16:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

musculeman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gars and welcome to the club. I have 235/70/16 on my beast and no mods, and the tyres don't stick out. hth.

PETE
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: it has been mentioned elsewhere on the site that although tyres that extend past the wheel arches are not an MOT failure they are actually illegal, requiring wheel arch extensions, so you could still be pulled by the police and fined.

The biggest 16" tyres you can use 'without any modifications being required' are 235/70R16. These will sit in the arches okay, not rub against the inside and still be within the 3% speed indication on the Tachometer.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
gars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 19:20    Post subject: wheels and tyres Reply with quote

thanks for the help lads,while i am here any ideas of were to get a good deal on alloy wheel packages
MattPayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 235x70x16 on my truck, and have no issues with fouling or with the tyres sticking out past the arches Smile

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for the 235/75/16 as they are a little bigger and the speedo under reads from the factory

I actualy have 31/10.5/15 on mine which are larger again but need a few tweeks.

what width and offset are your rims ? as this will determine what width of tyre you can actualy fit on without arches....
gars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again guys been offered a set of 16x8 with 0 offset with 235/70/16 i know these will stick out but i have wheel arch extensions so thats not a problem just not sure if i will catch anything on full lock,i seen a post on here with someone who  had fitted 16x8 but they had a 265 wide tyre and didn't recommend it but i think a 235 wide tyre should be okay  can anyone give any advice thanks gary
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used 235/85/16's..... but slightly less offset, but a fair bit taller.....
GDog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... sorry guys but what is "offset" exactly? Wheel places i've looked at don't seem to mention offset just 15x7 or 16x8 etc

GDog
Donny Deli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just fitted 265 70 on a 16" rim with no mods to it.
TOYOTA HILUX MK6/VIGO 16" FACTORY ALLOYS they fit a treat and are quiet on the road
There is also this thread running and there are pictures of them on Pete's truck on page one as well as lots of others  Wheels  Choices

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDog wrote:
Hi... sorry guys but what is "offset" exactly? Wheel places i've looked at don't seem to mention offset just 15x7 or 16x8 etc

GDog

in short if the mounting face of the wheel was smack bang in the centre of the rim, i.e. same distance from the inside edge as the outside edge it would have an off set of 0

the offset is a measure of how much the wheel sits in or out from the hub.
GDog
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right okay Mark thanks

GDog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: