4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 andL400 "Hands on" basic skills day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 21:53    Post subject: L300 andL400 "Hands on" basic skills day. Reply with quote

Would like to say a huge thank you to Bruce for arranging and hosting the day,and to Mark Giles for the time he gave up to pass on some of his knowledge to other less able members.A most enjoyable day.once again THANKS!!!
Bill
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 21:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely day, it never ceases to amaze me what a great bunch of people we have in the club.

Thanks as usual to Bruce.

IanJ
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I had a great day and really enjoyed meeting everyone (great catching up with familiar faces and a pleasure to meet new/recent members)

The biggest thank you must go to Mark Giles who gave up his Sunday to come to Bristol and help out - I know there are a number of Deli owners out there who are more knowledgable about there own motors now thanks to his input and advice yesterday.

I'm sorry to those that couldn't make it and have to rub it in by saying you really did miss a fun day.....but as consolation, I will be running one again....sometime?

I hope everyone got home safely and I look forward to meeting up with some/all of you again sometime soon.

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. Did anyone get any photos? I was too busy modifying/playing with/servicing Michaels motor to get my camera out! Would be great to see a photo of all those Deli's on my drive!  Laughing

ChrisnElaine
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo all that's been said.  A great day - learned a lot!

I'd also like to thank Bruce for the monitor (Elaine's trying to get it for the caravan Rolling Eyes ) and Anne and Dave for the D bars (Elaine hates our tatty white 'uns - will be tearing 'em off with her bare hands if I don't get 'em changed pronto)!

It was a great day all round! :D

Thanks to everyone.
Chris
t.rowe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after driving 175 miles each way, I have got to say that it was worth every mile. we are still talking about what a great day it was. Many thanks to both Bruce and Mark, not only are we wiser but now have the confidence to do some basic servicing on our Delica (can't wait to inspect those rear brakes). Big thanks to Bruce and his good lady for throwing open his house, and big thanks also go to Mark for his thorough instructions and patience. Thanks also to the others for their tips and words of wisdom. If you guys decide to do something along the same lines then, count us in. Educational and fun (for those who missed out, I think you get the picture). THANKS :D

Tony & Nik
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry I couldn't offer much in the way of help or technical assistance Embarassed  I mean let's face it I only came up for the ride on my bike and the thought of the beefburgers Twisted Evil But seriously, it was good to see the new (And old) faces Razz  8)

Thanks go to Bruce and of course Mark for such a great day. A great gesture and a testament to what this club is all about 8)

Also thanks again to you Ian and Chris for your hospitality... Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm even more miffed that we missed it! Evil or Very Mad  (and Mick is also miffed that he missed the barbie Rolling Eyes ).  Glad it was a good day for you all and we'll keep our eyes out for the next one!
safetyman73
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto all of the above a great day and nice to finaly meet some of the other members of this great site. Sorry for the late reply.

Regards
            Eddie
t.rowe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just in case anyone still watching this thread... Have just replaced rear brake pads, whoo hoo, may not sound like much, but for someone who didn't have a clue, I'm happy (now what shall I tackle next) Laughing
Foxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done!  :D don't you just get a great sense of achievement when you bite the bullet and do it?  :D  That's put a great big smile on my face and I bet it will do on Bruces too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: