2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

4x4 Pay & Play Day - Dorset (56K WARNING!!!)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 20:28    Post subject: 4x4 Pay & Play Day - Dorset (56K WARNING!!!) Reply with quote

Well - MANY thanks to Darryl for sorting this one. Probably the BEST laugh I've had in ages....laughed my head off and then laughed some more!

Matchams is a brilliant venue for anyone wanting to take their motor off-road. There are nice routes that are suited to beginners, extreme routes that you need some serious bottle for (and big tyres, uprated diffs.....) and also everything in between.

You can basically go wherever you want and only your bottle to dictate what you don't do.

Redneck came along in his 'go anywhere' SJ, Darrly & Heidi in their L300 and I showed up in the Mud Monkey (its maiden outing as an off roader)

Rusty also came along as my co-pilot but spent far too much time laughing himself silly that the co-piloting bit went out the window. I laughed almost as much and that is probably why my driving went out the window....but no one seemed to care....least of all us!

ALC also showed up later and jumped in with Darryl & Heidi.

The company was superb, the location perfect and the day just sublime. I've not stopped grinning since!

Anyway - here are some photos:

Before entering the off road ground, decided to try and creat some more clearance! (not that it did much good!!)

Redneck took his SJ to the limit (the clutch threw in the towel before Mike did!)
He managed to fell about 3 trees before ending up like this....somehow....

"If you go down to the woods today...."

SJ & L300 having a break in one of the openings

It was a LOT steeper than in looked! (ask Rusty if you don't believe me)

Darryl ventures out onto the MotoCross course - you have to have driven it to understand how STEEP and bumpy it was. The photos/video DO NOT do any justice to the climbs and drops on this course! Boy was it fun and boy would I love to be driving it again right now!

This is one of the flatter parts of the course....maybe give you some idea of the terrain!

There were a few more moments like this - I hope Rusty/Darryl/Mike/Someone got a shot of me with the rear wheel even higher on that right hander??

Some of the 'milder' parts of the track were actually quite tricky and luckily Rusty had reminded me to remove my reg plate......good job too....

Rusty having his first drive of an L300....I think he enjoyed it! This is the paddock at the end of the motorcross track - he'd just spent the last 8 or so minutes laughing his way round the track....

The BIG drop! You really have to hold your breath and grip the wheel as you go over this one.....and it was quite a way down too...at this angle! SHEER FUN!!

Here is a video of the circuit - but because the camera is rigid mounted, it gives you no true perception of how bumpy or steep the track is! Next time I've got a better plan for camera location....

Thanks again to Darryl, Heidi, Rusty, Mike, Alex and Alan for making it such a GREAT day....will definately be doing it again (ideally after a lot of rain too.... Twisted Evil )

Regards,

Bruce.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 20:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent report Bruce... Yes I can testify as to how steep those drops were Twisted Evil I've just not had time to sort out the vids and pics I took Rolling Eyes I've not even had time to do my holiday snaps yet Laughing

I'll post them here as soon as poss.

In the mean time my thanks to Bruce for the drive and 'ride' bounce  and the grub sad1 (Kidding Laughing ) and to Darryl, Heidi, Mike, Alex etc, and finally ALC (Alan) for the lift home... Cheers mate Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great fun...

fair amount of travel going on there at the back !
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

OO!  Nice  one  8)  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangerover wrote:
looks great fun...

fair amount of travel going on there at the back !

It's mostly upward travel - there isn't much in the way of downward travel, hence the reason the rear wheel hangs so easily on the twisty stuff! The trouble with leaf springs is there isn't a lot you can do to increase articulation unless you go for opening/twisting shackles?

I was still pleased with the way it handled and looking forward to seeing some of Darryl's, Rusty's and Alan's photos...... :D

Regards,

Bruce.

Joey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photos and video Bruce,still some clearance required in front arches though mate,maybe remove sill trim altogether !!!.

joey.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE are my photos... Rather plain I'm afraid but there is a bit of video to follow once I've edited the maniacal laughter and swearing out of it Twisted Evil  Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very good day out, nice to meet up with everyone  Wink
Great pictures  8)
I didn't take a camera  Embarassed

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
darryl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got to say this... i still haven't stopped grinning.... neither has heidi... :D  :D

firstly a massive thanks to bruce, for going first over the what i thought were dodgy bits.... although looking back i think it might of been worse watching the back of the mud monkey slide out of view!!! and for sorting me out with my new wheels 8) ..

it was great to meet new people, rusty for that manic laugh... redneck for providing us with such huge entertainment in his sj, ( i can still smell your clutch mate..lol ) ALC, the perfect passenger and i quote "as long as you don't hit the woods or the trees i don't give a shit what you do" quality...

was a bit dissapointed with my photos and whilst filming you going round bruce my camera focused on the tiny perfectly in focus rain drops on my windscreen (drop me a line if anyone is into this?) but will post what i have when i find out how :?  think the best stuff is on my phone, that right hander bruce... and be it poor quality is still gives an idea of how much fun it was.... think it was a perfect intro to leaving the tarmac for me and heidi, the feeling of the first drop onto the bike track was pure adrenaline (understand we were basically stood up in the front of our Deli)

will post the pics and work out how to do videos...

massive thanks to all... darryl n heidi..
REDNECK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll get you into green laning as well then  Twisted Evil  Laughing

The clutch was fine when it cooled off (the gearing with my oversize tyres really punishes it  Rolling Eyes  some mods on the way though  Twisted Evil  Wink )

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going through my Video now. I took about 30mins of it! But most is jerky rubbish Twisted Evil  Embarassed  I'm afraid I haven't got the time to do a proper 'pretty' job so I'm just cobbling it together best as poss...
It's still going to be about 10mins long tho... It's going to take ages to up/down-load etc! Rolling Eyes  Oh well...
I don't know whether to put it on my site or use Photobucket... I guess I'll try both...

It's on my Photohost now... CLICK HERE Warning 15Mbs odd! And jerky video! (As it was being hand held!!!)
Or if you prefer Photobucket:  EDIT: Just realised that the Photobucket video (Link below) is only half length :? This is due to me not having premium membership I believe... To see (Or download) the full version please use first link to my own photohost. Cheers Rusty.

Last edited by Rusty on Wed Sep 26, 2007 16:05; edited 1 time in total
hillbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Rusty,just goes to prove what I thought after April 1st play day in Bristol.That Mike is an absolute nutter!!!
Very entertaining though.
 Bill
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size tyres are on it ??? 33 or 31 ??
bullet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff there bruce, looks like you had fun 8)
REDNECK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

hillbilly wrote:
Great video Rusty,just goes to prove what I thought after April 1st play day in Bristol.That Mike is an absolute nutter!!!
Very entertaining though.
 Bill

I thought I was taking it quite easy  Twisted Evil  Laughing

Good video Russ  Wink

darryl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay peeps... hopefully by clicking this thing...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mashupsoldier

you should find my poor quality phone movies of the day!!!

can anyone explain how to put photos up?? (i stoopid)

darryl  :D
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vids & photos guys (Darryl, Heidi, Rusty et al!)

Darryl, if you are looking to post photos, try Lewis's guide to it HERE

If you get stuck, just give me a shout....

I'm still grinning from the weekend and whenever I see my nicely buckled reg plate holder, I just laugh some more!!  Laughing

Can't wait to do it all again! Still trying to talk Amanda into it, but I don't think she's game for it! Maybe Heidi can talk her into it??

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

P.S. Thanks for texting me the video....made my day!  8)

REDNECK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:
Great vids & photos guys (Darryl, Heidi, Rusty et al!)

Darryl, if you are looking to post photos, try Lewis's guide to it HERE

If you get stuck, just give me a shout....

I'm still grinning from the weekend and whenever I see my nicely buckled reg plate holder, I just laugh some more!!  Laughing

Can't wait to do it all again! Still trying to talk Amanda into it, but I don't think she's game for it! Maybe Heidi can talk her into it??

Cheers for now,

Bruce.

P.S. Thanks for texting me the video....made my day!  8)

Let me know when, i'll use my Pajero next time (so long as it passes it's MOT tomorrow)  That'll make the playing field a little more even  Laughing  Twisted Evil  Laughing

Although I still go a bit animal in that  Twisted Evil

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDNECK wrote:
Mystery Machine wrote:
Can't wait to do it all again

Let me know when, i'll use my Pajero next time (so long as it passes it's MOT tomorrow)  That'll make the playing field a little more even  Laughing  Twisted Evil  Laughing

Although I still go a bit animal in that  Twisted Evil

Let me get the 'hands on' day out of the way on the 7th Oct and I'll get a date sorted with you....

I'm sure Darryl & Heidi will be up for it, Rusty probably too (and I will work on the other half 'cause I reckon she'll really enjoy it!)

Deffo up for another one though - now that I'm getting to know the motor a bit better it'll be nice to try it in some mud  Twisted Evil  If you're still a bit animal in the Paj, then you can lead the way again - I'll do my best to follow!  Laughing  "Copy Gold Leader...." Wink

Bruce.

P.S. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the MOT  Razz

REDNECK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed bruce, THIS  kind of action means i've had to strip down and rebuild a lot of the front suspension in readiness for the MOT  Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: