Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

So is my EGR valve knackered or what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nasher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34    Post subject: So is my EGR valve knackered or what? Reply with quote

okay...I bought my Deli with the EGR planking plate already fitted. I was never happy with the overtaking or climbing performace of the car as the acceleration was pants and it seemed to level off at about 3000rpm without changing gear and it seemed to lose a little power then regain it and so on, until i eased the my foot off the throttle and then the car changed gear..

I removed the EGR valve today and i was able to push to the valve quite easily in the housing. I gave it a clean anyway and replaced it WITHOUT the blanking plate.

The performance is much better, acceleration is improved and it changes gear with my foot to the floor (i don't have to ease off), and the kickdown is better too.

HOWEVER I am getting plumes of black smoke.

So the question is as the heading...the improved performance of the car suggests it working....however the plumes of black smoke dictates it isn't.... :?

So ney or yey...is it working? and i just need to change filters etc....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the tps has been adjusted to take account of the blanking plate (which messes with the gear change) then you have removed the blanking plate you WILL get plumes of black smoke as the vacume to open the EGR is happening in the wrong place in the rev range...

okay easy test...you know the little vacume pipe that goes to the egr, uplug it from the egr and  plug the end of the pipe itself (screw, golf tee whatever...)..

no the egr is disabled and should be closed by the spring and STAY that way....

go for a drive...if you get no black smoke then the egr is fine its the activation that's up the swannee...9if you STILL get black smoke then either the egr isn't sealling properly OR the pump adjustment is wrong) and the first place to look is the TPS which should be adjusted to about 1.4 volts when cold and with the throttle closed... if you follow the .78 volts you will see bandied about that's only possible with the EGR blanked....
Nasher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers buddy

I did adjust the TPS to 7.8 a while back  which improved the mpg and gear change no end with the plate fitted

And now there is even LESS black smoke WITH the EGR and the TPS is now on 1.4.....I can now floor it to 4000rpm in normal mode on kickdown before it changes gear.....sweeeeet

thanks for the advice
THE KICK INSIDE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome - glad you got it sorted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: