4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

ECG blanking plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delybelly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 17:29    Post subject: ECG blanking plate Reply with quote

Can any one shed any light on this blanking plate that goes between the ECG valve. The one on Ebay says that you remove the old plate which has a hole through the middle and replace it with this blanking plate. It suppose to give more bhp ( about 3 ) and stop lag on excelerating due to having the port block off. Is this true ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on ebay are hyped up and he doesn't know what hes talkin about take a look here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=703 that tells you what the EGR valve is ,best thing is get the plate from the club shop for a fiver and use that,u will get a better acceleartion better mpg (marginal)and better performance and it also stops the black smoke problems that many have,hope that helps

Marc 8)

delybelly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Silly me, I thought it was the ECG. Should have checked first before asking about it. I have purchased one from the shop. Many thanks.
Dave C

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is also someone selling a ball bearing for 6.99 that i spose u put in hose to block off erg 6.99 includes instructions but no guarantee quote how can you guarantee a ball bearing still one born every minute
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

For L300 owners, HERE is the link to how the EGR plate is fitted.

A 'little' harder than doing it on the L400!!....but worth it I can assure you!! Wink

Just make sure you watch out for your knuckles - plenty of sharp edges in the way!

Regards,

Bruce.

The Owl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been reading this and need a little clarification. The ball bearing solution has been slated as it says if your valve is stuck open it won't cure it, now what I want to know is, will the blanking plate work if the EGR valve is stuck open? Do I try blocking the pipe first or do I skin my knuckles?
Cheers
Stu
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no engineer but my understanding of it is, that if the valve is stuck open it is not working correctly anyway. The engine works better with it shut so it seems. Therefore putting a ball bearing in the pipe has no effect on the valve and effectively does nothing. Putting the plate on has the same effect as shutting the valve. I've done both Wink Double Whammy Laughing (I hope) Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got around to fitting my EGR blanking plate, I bought it in June and finally found the enthusiasim ( and was embarrased by the clouds of black smoke) to do it last Sunday.

Bl00dy disaster!! I was well ontrack for doing the job in about half an hour, but then the plate slipped out and went down behind the manifold, could I find it ?? No chance, I tried torches, mirrors, magnetic pick-up tools, flexible grabs and lots of cursing, all to no avail.

So I had to take the EGR valve right off, make a paper template and then make a new plate ( about haf an hours work) I fitted the EGR back on, with the newly made blanking plate and what a difference......... Where has the smoke gone?? I will thoroughly recommend blanking off your EGR, I should know better and certainly should have done it sooner, but I am surprised by the massive difference it has made.

The following drivers can see and breathe and the motor pulls and seems smoother ( as it should, the addition of exhaust gas and engine breathing fumes to an engines air intake goes against all motor engineering theory), hopefully I'll see an improvement in MPG.

At the same time I fitted one of Pete Mills air filters, although the one I took out was far from dirty.
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have gone to the same place as mine. Still can't find it. Never mind, i've ordered one from the club shop yesterday so hopefully it will land by the weekend. Got to get it done this weekend as I am in for a hernia op next week & been told to take it easy afterwards. I've looked forward to the day my missus will have to pamper me!! Only trouble is she will be driving me about in the Deli. Dreading it! Shocked
The Owl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I'll order one now - will let you know how it goes once I've fitted it.
Stu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: