Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Hi everyone! Are there any dealers near Nottingham ???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 22:51    Post subject: Hi everyone! Are there any dealers near Nottingham ??? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, we saw someone at a local car boot sale who was singing the Delica's praise and had a stunning Silver Super Exceed, with a few mods and this has set me and the wife off wondering if we could get one.

We'd really appreciate any help in locating dealers etc that people can recommend for us to pay a visit and see what the rest of our clan think as well, as we need loads of space to replace our Mondeo Estate, but with 2 under 2's and two dogs we really mean space. Does anyone have any internal dimensions for the rear as we have very expensive dog crate for the mondeo and don't want to have to replace this should we manage to find a Deli of our own.

Also the person we spoke to had managed to find a "L" plate Deli in Silver ( Super Exceed ) for £2.5k but the cheapest I've found on ebay or autotrader is £3.5-£4k and the mileage was to the moon and back is this the kind of price I should be expecting to pay? The Delica will be our play thing as our current mondeo is going to be surplus to requires as I am getting a company car.

Thanks in advance for any help with this one as I really need to get the right thing otherwise the boss won't let me swap from the Mondeo  Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 22:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a member, who lives in Nottingham, that has a nice condition low milage L400 Delica for sale.  I will send her an e-mail to look at this post!

She is also a dog owner so should be able to give you the best info.

Note when the rest of Nottingham was stuck in the floods, she was still driving around.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

even a SWB Delica with the rear set of seats folded up is HUGE !

if you want more.... look at a LWB even longer with a even bigger boot !

with the back 2 seats folded up you can slide the middle row of seats forward if need be...

in short it will dwarf the load bed of the Mondeo... I have a Accord estate aswell as the Delica and the accord is actualy the locnger vehicle !! but the space in the Delica is truley awesome and well laid out.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can take out the seats altogether:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the Deli for sale in Nottingham is no longer available, Sorry!

ルイス
android

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlesworths Donnington park might be worth a look Cheers
    Ron
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delays in responding been out hunting a Delica down. Found a "M" plate for £7k which made me choke especially as it was a what appeared to be a base model with the middle row of seats spinning as opposed to the individual seats of the super exceed.

Thanks for the replies and pity about the Nottingham car already being sold...never mind.

I will look in to the Donington Park dealer mentioned.

I assume that they are pretty descent towing workhorses or at least equivalent to the Shogun/Pajero ? Does anyone have any tips re towbars etc as we have a large caravan which this may end up towing.
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The foot print I am looking to get is 38" W x 38" D x29" H for the dog crate so if some can confirm that this will fit that will save me a load of time.

Many thanks in advance.

Can anyone confirm if all models have captain seats or does it depend on wether it is exceed super exceed.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The L400 comes in 8 seat, spinning middle bench seat with fold down end, and 7 seat, Captain Chairs, options.

ルイス
Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to the club and all that.....

Mine's a 7 seater and at the moment all my seats are folded away etc. I've just nipped outside with me measuring stick.
Narrowest point between the inner wheel arches is a good 38/39 inches.
With the rear seats in but obviously folded up tightly, you should get the 29 inches height easily.
The 38 inches depth....easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Hope that helps.
Bit of a rush job as just nipped home from work, had a slight accident with my trousers and some defrosted cow eyes that had turned to mush!!!!!

Ta ra 4 a bit.

Keefe Laughing
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keefe wrote:
had a slight accident with my trousers and some defrosted cow eyes that had turned to mush!!!!!

Never heard it described as defrosted cows eyes before! See:-

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Cow_Pat

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

ルイス
Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis,
It t'wernt a cow pat. Rolling Eyes
During the 6 weeks holidays, power to Biology freezer had ben turned off. A dozen eyes from cows were in the freezer, thawed out and over time, turned to mush.
On slinging them in the bin, sorry, I mean animal parts incinerator, some of the mush splashed on my trousers.
VERY smelly. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Sorry Chris for hijcking your topic. Have you seen my reply re measurements?

keefe Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keefe wrote:
A dozen eyes from cows were in the freezer, thawed out and over time, turned to mush.

I C

Laughing   Laughing  Laughing

ルイス
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the measurements....Looks like the kids and our two lively labradors are going to be lording it up soon.  I'll be joing the gang once I can find a nice one in silver or white ! but looks like that could take some time.

So if you know of a White/Silver model with 7 seat captains seats, decent spec eg for a reasonable amount please let me know. (The boss doen't like the green) I'm not bothered mind but best keep her sweet eh !

Also I've seen a couple of Deli's with Lexus style rear light but haven't seen where you can get them from any ideas ?
Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

There's always some on the FleaBay site.
I think a lot of them are from abroad.
Someone will be along soon to inform you.
There are quite a few that have fitted them.

Similar one here to put you on.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Delica-L400-Space-Gear-Crystal-Tail-Lights_W0QQitemZ120158439704QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10400QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

hth
keefe
Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lights are nice but Jees'  £31 postage costs! Question  Question  Question

What a rip off!  Evil or Very Mad

ルイス
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Keefe for the tip off. Look fairly reasonable price wise as well. eBay here I come.......Once I've got my L400 that is.

Just one more thing I've seen some Delica's that have lights built into the lower section of the bumper are these a different model eg L500 or just a different mk of the L400, if so which year did they come in?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one with the built in lights is a series II L400

pretty much the same just different front bumper, lights and no bull bar, th front is a different shape and there is no bull bar option, but it does have airbags for driver and pasenger as standard, also the engine has an electronic pump rather than a mechanical one, so supposed to be a little more efficient  Rolling Eyes but like ALL large people carriers MPG should not be top of your wish list.
chrisfoster1971
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd update you about the state of affairs..... I simply cannot find a Deli period..

Went round some dealers in Derby who I know used to sell Pajero's and the like but not a sausage and to top it all off I went to the place at Donnington and they weren't there ARGH

But have found a nice white bus on eBay in Newcastle and I'm on hols for two weeks.......looks like we will be driving north !

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof spoiler, arches,nice wheels and extra lamps........Well smart.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: