Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

What is the maximum size wheel you can put on an L400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hot Air

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 21:01    Post subject: What is the maximum size wheel you can put on an L400 Reply with quote

I have a fairly late L400 which is now in need of new boots.  I have BF Goodrich All-Terrain all round and will probably buy the same again having had these tyres on previous 4X4's.  However the wheels on my Delica show signs of corrosion probably due to someone cleaning them removing the lacquer in the process.  I'm now thinking of buying wheel and tyre package but what are my limitations...?

Thanks for your feed back in advance.
Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 21:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PF6W

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

235 70 R16's

Mine has a lift of 3 or so inches and the front tyres (BF Goodrich AT KO's) just touch the wheel arches and flaps on half lock.

It used to have 245 75 16's, but they scrubbed the wheel arches real bad!
seti-yeti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have split rim alloys fitted with 31/10.5R15 (255/75R15) BUT it requires a suspension lift and a little "adjustment" of weld seams to make them fit.  I believe this is the max you can realistically expect.

Highroof Space Gear Exceed Green(ish) over grey, a wee bit lifted and HUGE wheels! Not so full of noise and sweetie wrappers any more...
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to fit 31" tyres with no mods....

Its down to the offset... I have been doing a lot of research into this at the moment, and have been in touch with a Ozzy owner who has 31" x 10.5" x 15" tyres on his and still has his mud flaps !

I'm about to try fitting 235/85/16 tyres ! if it works I'll post up

Generally though...

with a 2" lift and a set of standard 7x15 Pajero rims you can fit 31" tyres that work well, thats what I have.

without a lift 30x9.5x15 fit which is the same as ....... (some one fill it in for me)

you can go wider but need wheel arch extensions.

Have a good look around the site both here, other UK Delica Forums and the ozzy forum (link up top) and you should find loads of info... but all lead back to saying give it a lift and fit 31" tyres

Lifting... that'll be your next question  :D either adjust the front torsion bars and trim the bump stops on the front or fit iron man torsion bars and for the rear either fit spacers under the spring, new Delica designed lifted springs or a set of Range Rover front springs...

So lifting varies from £50 to £400 depending on what you do and were from.
Hot Air

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps,
What I'm thinking of buying are L200 wheels with Bridgestone All Terrain, so I believe 235/75x 16.  If I understand what you've told me it would definitely mean a modification to the suspension ....
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are same size as 30/9.5/15 so you should be fine on standard suspension, but you may need to tweek the front bars as they sag over time anyway.

what will be interesting (for me) is the off set of the L200 wheels....

In fact... I'm sure some one on here has done this already !!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:13    Post subject: Re: What is the maximum size wheel you can put on an L400 Reply with quote

Hot Air wrote:
.....  However the wheels on my Delica show signs of corrosion probably due to someone cleaning them removing the lacquer in the process.  .......? Paul

I took the laquer off mine ages ago as it was well stuffed as the water had got under it and created all those little worms type Mmrks.

I now use one of these (£3 - £4 from the likes of B&Q) to keep the wheels clean.

Much cheaper than new wheels!

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
seti-yeti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so.... I suppose if you keep this up, in say 200 to 300 years, you'll have wheels as thin as a Wrights Pie dish!!!! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

No. really, it's quite a nice finish. "Brushed aluminum".  How often do you have to do the business?

Highroof Space Gear Exceed Green(ish) over grey, a wee bit lifted and HUGE wheels! Not so full of noise and sweetie wrappers any more...
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

with alloy that bare a bit of autosol once a week would keep it sparkling !
nicpits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:40    Post subject: wheels Reply with quote

hi, i have 275/45x 20" on mine. no problems. well worth it. :D
nick
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

have a play on there...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

seti-yeti wrote:
...so.... I suppose if you keep this up, in say 200 to 300 years, you'll have wheels as thin as a Wrights Pie dish!!!! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

No. really, it's quite a nice finish. "Brushed aluminum".  How often do you have to do the business?

If I was lucky enough to live to 3 00 I would care how thin they were. Laughing

Depends on how much offroading gets done and how clean you want them to be!  Laughing  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: