Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Service and MOT Looming - what to get done?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:05    Post subject: Service and MOT Looming - what to get done? Reply with quote

Hi

Have owned my Delica (L400) since March 2010 and done loads (10,000km) of trouble free miles with all manner of kit en-board and thoroughly enjoyed the beast.  Now though its time for a little TLC and an MOT.  Just been to the local garage in Greenodd, near Ulverston (if anyone can recommend an alternative in my location please do?)  on a recommendation of several local 4*4 owners and asked the cost of servicing and MOT.  Mike, the garage owner, asked if the Cambelt had been changed as this will make a huge difference to the service cost,  he said he'd call me when he's priced up the bits.  I can't find any paperwork in the file of receipts I got when I bought the bus so I guess it hasn't been done yet.  Odometer currently reads 110,000km

I am not the most mechanical bloke and so would be relying on the garage to do the job.

Question is what ought I expect to pay and does it really really need doing?

Anyone any thoughts please ....................

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Soulman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josals, you don't say which engine you have in your L400 if it is the 2.8 TD then it does not have a cam belt it has a cam chain, the 2.5 engine has a cam belt, but i think that engine only went in the 2WD versions (i may be wrong with that someone else will clarify i'm sure). The cam chains on earlier L400's pre 1996 can suffer from wear at around 100,000 miles if worn you should hear a chuff, chuff sound, you can also take the rocker cover off to see how far the cam chain tensioner is extended, there is a photo on here somewhere that shows what to look for.
If you do need to replace the cam chain a member on here called sock may be able to help you PM him for details.

HTH

Chris
pilotltd
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 17:22    Post subject: Re: Service and MOT Looming - what to get done? Reply with quote

Josals wrote:
Hi

Have owned my Delica (L400) since March 2010 and done loads (10,000km) of trouble free miles with all manner of kit en-board and thoroughly enjoyed the beast.  Now though its time for a little TLC and an MOT.  Just been to the local garage in Greenodd, near Ulverston (if anyone can recommend an alternative in my location please do?)  on a recommendation of several local 4*4 owners and asked the cost of servicing and MOT.  Mike, the garage owner, asked if the Cambelt had been changed as this will make a huge difference to the service cost,  he said he'd call me when he's priced up the bits.  I can't find any paperwork in the file of receipts I got when I bought the bus so I guess it hasn't been done yet.  Odometer currently reads 110,000km

I am not the most mechanical bloke and so would be relying on the garage to do the job.

Question is what ought I expect to pay and does it really really need doing?

Anyone any thoughts please ....................

Cheers

Mmmmh - There is no cambelt - it's a cam chain. :? Recommended is change after 100000Km
Josals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes its the 2.8l td  and I have subsequently found also that its a Cam Chain - so that helps that.

Cheers
Curently running Green over Silver Royal Exceed LWB L400 4WD 2.8l Turbo Diesel with Crystalite Roof.                                       Previously owned 2x Green over Silver Exceed 4WD 2.8l Turbo Diesel with Crystalite Roof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: