2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

suspension kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 23:00    Post subject: suspension kits Reply with quote

http://www.ironmansuspension.com/mitsubishi/Star Wagon.htm

http://www.4waysuspension.com.au/pdf/mitsubishi.pdf

any comments, experiances or alternatives?

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 23:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

scoobydoo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 13:32    Post subject: Supertrux Reply with quote

Hi As your local it might be worth talking to a guy at Supertrux in Daventry. He said he can do a suspension upgrade or 2" lift for roughly £1000 total fitted.

wwwsupertrux.com

If they can help they will.

Have a look at their work they run two big foot style monster trucks for fun.

Phil
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Have already tried LA Supertrux, but they cannot supply bits for the Delica. This is mainly due to the monocoque construction of the motor, which is MUCH harder to lift compared to Pajero's/Hilux's etc which have a separate chassis which can be simply (in theory!) spaced off from the body.

In Japan, you can (could!) actual body lift kits for the L300, but these are VERY complex kits that take a LOT of work to fit.

Suspension kits are another route, but again LA S/Trucks don't cater for the L300 (different again to the Paj).

Andy is right - Ironman do a 2" suspension kit for quite a reasonable amount (les than £500) which will actually add around 80mm (around 3") to the height of most L300's because they will have sagged/dropped on their current set-up by now! Delivery will be around 3 months due to having to have it shipped over from Australia.

Pete Millis has sourced a 4" kit in Japan (mainly suspension, with a few body lift parts) that is fairly hefty on cost (around £1,500!!!! Shocked ) by the time import duty etc has been paid! This is a VERY comprehensive kit that includes uprated bump-stops and extended brake pipes to cope with the extra lift.....not a cheap option by any stretch of the imagination, but you can start to see how much a kit would be if you wanted a FULL body lift!! - OUCH!! Evil or Very Mad

Hope this is of some help?

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. Andy - as you already know, me has no experience with either of the kits you have mentioned.....go on, take the plunge and get the Ironman kit....then you can fit yer big fat wheels and tell us all how good it is! Laughing (while I look on in envy!! :? )

scoobydoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 22:56    Post subject: Supertrux Reply with quote

Well, Supertrux can fit a suspension lift of 2" and i have one on order. I am just waiting for the call to get it booked in. I spoke to the guy over there Nigel i think and he took my car apart and confirmed that body lift is impossible without the Japanese kit. But however a lift of 2" + can be achieved.

I do not know who you spoke to when you asked them but He said he was 99% certain for the price he was asking he could make it happen.

Me
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey!! That's useful to know! :D

I spoke to them at length back in August last year, and they had never heard of one then and certainly couldn't ge the kit at that time.

They were a VERY helpful bunch, quite keen to answer my many questions and just seemed enthusiastic about the whole scene.... 8) Just a shame they couldn't sort me out then - when I had some cash and nothing to spend it on! Shocked Different story at the moment now though!! Rolling Eyes

Let us know how it all works out, and put some piccies up so we can have a drool over them!

Regards,

Bruce.

Mutley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Delica in Japan....

...is fitted with this kit...

...and I bloody want one too... 8) Wink Twisted Evil

...sweet...

...do love those extra rear shox for the diff...

...and Scooby, any piccies of the 2" lift from Supertrux.. Question Question ...or have you posted em elsewhere and I'm being my normal stuuupid self... Laughing
cool-dude

Location: Lowestoft Suffolk and ** Rhyl North Wales When Home **

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh fell in love with that conversion. That looks fantastic. I want one of those kits.
I am sick as a pig Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Richard

cool-dude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: