4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

New Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cragg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 17:20    Post subject: New Wheels Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to get new wheels that don't stick out for my Delica.

I have tried many alloy wheel companies but the all tell me that they don't have anything over +15.

Thanks Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 17:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dinkum_Dude
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMCC at Fareham and they will post to you.

http://www.performanceandmodifiedcarcentre.co.uk/index.php?option=categories&category_id=13495&category=Alloys%20Wheels

Ask for Chris or Paul and tell them you are from the Delica club and they will do you a good deal on a set for the Deli.

:?
REDNECK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say over +15, are you sure you've got the offset correct.
See my post
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14987&highlight=

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
jerryfb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking mine in on Friday to these guys http://www.topgear.co.uk/ to have a set of these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_15_inch_BK187_Silver_with_235_75_15_tyres.php fitted.  They have the L400 on the database so apparently the offset is fine.  Also getting 5 new Dunlop tG20s
Steve Cragg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 20:43    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

I have been told that the ofset should be +20 to +32.

I have had to send wheels back because the supplier did not have a clue.

I have had my Delica for 3 years and It has run on the same wheels but my alloys are now blown from too much salt water and millage. They are 15" x 225 x 70. Too small!

I do find it hard to get good advise for a great car.

What would you recomend as an A/T tyre and wheel size ?
What do you think of the Yokoharmer A/T  tyre
REDNECK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 22:30    Post subject: Re: Answer Reply with quote

Steve Cragg wrote:
I have been told that the ofset should be +20 to +32.

I have had to send wheels back because the supplier did not have a clue.

I have had my Delica for 3 years and It has run on the same wheels but my alloys are now blown from too much salt water and millage. They are 15" x 225 x 70. Too small!

What would you recomend as an A/T tyre and wheel size ?
What do you think of the Yokoharmer A/T  tyre

Follow this link for offset calculations. https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace
by my reconing an offset of +32 would give you a backspace (the bit from where the wheel mounts on the hub to the inner rim) of 5.25 inches  Shocked  I reckon you would be fouling suspension parts with that much backspace.

positive offset puts the wheel further in to the bodywork, negative offset puts the wheel outwards. I must confess, i didn't know it was that way round till i read it on the link. Have a look at the pictures on my other link. my wheel on there with approx +6 offset with a 235/75/15 is just slightly more than flush with the bodywork.
BTW 235/75/15 tyres fit nice within the standard arches, bigger than that requires inner wheel arch mods.  

jerryfb, i've been looking at the wheels from that company. I've been trying to get them to give me a quote on a set with 31/10.50/15 tyres on with the same offset as the ones on my other link -10 (that just stick out from the bodywork  8) ) But i've been waiting three days for a reply  Rolling Eyes  i even rang them yesterday to remind them and was told the guy working on the quote has been busy  Rolling Eyes  :?

I like these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_15_inch_Excite_1_Silver_4x4_Alloy_Wheels_with_tyres.php
or these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_15_inch_BK156_Silver_with_tyres.php

I would be interested to see what yours look like when they're on, could you find out what offset they are supplying  Question  and any chance of piccies when they're on  Question Wink

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
jerryfb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneck
I'll deffo get piccies.  The guy I spoke to at Burgess Hill said that the set I'm buying was the only one in that group with the right offset.  I looked at those other wheels too.  They are a franchise so you might get better service from another office if you can find one elsewhere.  The price quoted is also for budget tyres so if you want a Michelin synchro or a Bstone Dueller it goes up a bit.  With my four wheels and five tyres (Dunlop TG20s) with all the fitting etc it came to £674.  Not too bad IMHO.  Can't wait til tomorrow.  Our Deli has been limping around with an ugly steel boot and some crusted alloys for far too long.
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:01    Post subject: Re: Answer Reply with quote

Steve Cragg wrote:
I have had my Delica for 3 years ........

where've you been Steve ??....you can't beat this forum for extremely useful advise and real nice folks  :D ...I've had mine for 2.5 years, am not particularly mechanically minded, but have managed to sort out most of my problems (not many to be honest), via advice from here...it's really great!!

Wheels?. Bin 'em and buy some brand new Toyota Vigos ally's, with new tyres for £350 from 'That Site' (hint, rhymes with fleabay  Wink )

All the best,

Dave.
mythatsabigun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example...and no, I'm not on commission  Laughing ..they are just such a good deal :-

Check out these mamas!!

these are a bit more expensive, but they have recently been up for £350, so might be worth waiting if cash is the deciding factor.....

Your welcome,

Dave.
8)
Steve Cragg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 17:57    Post subject: Wheels Reply with quote

Fantastic information
I know understand + or - offset and know where to get some wheels from.

Thanks all for your help.
:D
REDNECK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerryfb wrote:
Redneck
I'll deffo get piccies.  The guy I spoke to at Burgess Hill said that the set I'm buying was the only one in that group with the right offset.  I looked at those other wheels too.  They are a franchise so you might get better service from another office if you can find one elsewhere.  The price quoted is also for budget tyres so if you want a Michelin synchro or a Bstone Dueller it goes up a bit.  With my four wheels and five tyres (Dunlop TG20s) with all the fitting etc it came to £674.  Not too bad IMHO.  Can't wait til tomorrow.  Our Deli has been limping around with an ugly steel boot and some crusted alloys for far too long.

Cheers jerryfb, i'll look forward to seeing the piccies

The trouble is that i want an offset that puts the wheel sticking out like this

These wheels are stamped ET-10 and are 15x7
Most of the companies i've spoken to just ask for what vehicle i'm fitting it to and when i start talking offsets that seems too technical for them  Rolling Eyes
Bronco4x4 just stated "we don't do any wheels to fit the Delica" and when i tried to explain that i had pajero alloys fitted and they list for that, they still didn't want to know  Rolling Eyes

from a diagram rusty has sent me i know original Deli wheels are roughly ET38 on a 15x6 rim
and Mk1 Pajero alloys are roughly ET6 on a 15x7 rim
but i want ET-10 15x7 rim

Only one company Formula 4x4 were prepared to discuss offsets with me, and they do the Canyon in an ET-13 (close enough) for 6x139PCD so i might go for that, They are quite similar to what i had fitted before (Paj MK1 rims)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: