4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Has your cup holder lost its spring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 0:22    Post subject: Has your cup holder lost its spring Reply with quote

Not of vital importance to the cars performance but if your a regular vistor to the world of drive throughs this can be a pain in the backside.

Only found this by accident when cleaning the previous owners coffee remains from the holder.

The cup holders have a tiny spring that pushes the holder back up when the cup is removed and if its lost then you have to manually flick it to put the cup back in. This is a bit of pain when driving (yes I know shouldn't drink and drive) but in traffic its just as bad.

Trying to find a replacement spring is not impossible unless you want a few thousand and trying to buy them in the shops is nigh on impossible.

A peg spring is too bulky and the tension is too hard as I have already tried that.

However I found a solution by accident when my wife came back from Clare's Accessories with some new hair clips. The hair clips are about 3 inches long (if its bigger than this then the spring is slightly stronger and is likely to be bigger preventing the cup holder from opening). The springs in these 3 inch hair clips are the right shape, spindle size and tension to fit in place of the one that was missing and it only costs 89p and is widely available. The chances are your other half (if your a attached man) already has loads of these but just check before taking.

Yes you are probably thinking I need to get out more and I will when I find a decent field to plough my car through. Laughing

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
(It's a Beast from the East)
Rolled off Production 03/02/95
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 0:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one numpty i shall move this to the tech faq :D i used a small optic spring for mine (pub optics have a spring practically identical to it) :D
All the best

Marc 8)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: