4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Offroading - Corwen, Wales, 11th Feb 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:15    Post subject: Offroading - Corwen, Wales, 11th Feb 2007 Reply with quote

Having missed an earlier event I got an invite from Strangerover to join him and some others offroading  around Corwen in Wales.

So having left my diving club AGM and social night early at 10.30pm, having been on the Kaliber 0% alchohol lager, I was up at 5:30am and on my way to meet him at 6:00am.  I was going to go over the tops fom Holmfirth to join the M56 via Stockport, but a roadsign about a mile down the road from me was flashing  and showed the A6024 to be closed with snow, as was the A635 and the A62!   :?   So I had no choice but to go down the M62 and the M56 to Chester Services to meet up, (never saw any snow).

Having met at Chester we then set off at a brisk, very brisk Razz rate, to meet the others.  Only two Landies had turned up with some more to  arrive at 10:30am so we four set off for some fun.  Smile   First off a nice little warm up run up a muddy track followed by a crossing of the 'Corwen Car Wash' at Cnywed which was about 2' - 3' foot deep. Then off to tackle a more interesting route, which was interesting due to having to bash through some deep snow at the top of a trackway as it went into a field.  40 minutes and 100yds further it was thought wiser to turn round and go back!  Rolling Eyes  This, of course, was only to meet up with the late arrivals in Corwen. Laughing

So off we set again this time up some more 'UNDULATING' routes during which I almost had to change my undies! due to the angles at which the Deli was obtaining Shocked  I now know why a bash plate is called a 'BASH' plate:?  Plus why its best to mount foglights and reversing lights above the rear bullbar! Crying or Very sad

Now I'm not going to write an epic adventure story here, as pictures speak louder than words.  Unfortunately I don't have piccies of the snowy bits but I'm sure Strangerover or his mates will eventually come up with them.

Strange rover had the honour of towing a landie 110 backwards out of a snowdrift and later on a Pajero, down a deep rutted track after it bottomed out on the snow in the centre, a bit like a sledge really!  Though the Landie reclaimed his honour by towing Strangerover backwards out of a moorland bog, the results are noticable in a piccy below, RE: Mud! Laughing

I also discovered that the old saying about how some 'boys' love to play in the mud more than others others is very true, isn't it Strangerover  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  I will let you all judge by the relevant photo's! Wink

Part of the route Crying or Very sad

.     My Bashplate Crying or Very sad                                                          

edited on 2010-12-29 to correct broken photobucket links

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:59; edited 4 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D  :D  :D  :D
Nice piccies!
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great piccies thumbleft

It always amazes me how far these Delis' lean Shocked

As somebody said before....your bottle will go before the Deli' will...so true Wink

Looking at the Deli there ain't much mud left in the field Laughing
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics Lewis, I see what you meant by the 'undies'  :D   I wouldn't want to go on Strangrover's more 'challenging' event  Laughing

Ann
L400_Davet
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a good day out,

and someone even got a new paint job with window tints to match  Laughing  Laughing

4th piccy down

Dave

MDOCUK Lifetime Member 112
Darrel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The route to the lake is interested to say the least.
Did Mark take the muddy route by the lake by any chance?

Do dyslexic zombies crave Brians?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrel wrote:
The route to the lake is interested to say the least.
Did Mark take the muddy route by the lake by any chance?

Well he tried to!  Several times in fact  Wink  Laughing  as per the video I'm about to post next.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:36    Post subject: Wales Feb 2007 offroading video Reply with quote

Well I managed to digitise some videoclips from the trip on my old Hi8 tape camera, took a while as the PC didn't like the software and I had to reboot a few times for it to find the firewire link.

I also found out why my front bashplates seemed a bit odd compared to strangerovers! the back one isn't there anymore  :?  its probably being used by a Welsh sheep as a sledge by now.  Laughing  Laughing

So just click on this piccy to see the video.  My apologies its not to brilliant though.

edited on 2009-2-03 to correct broken photobucket links

ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Wed Feb 04, 2009 0:54; edited 1 time in total
BadgeStar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologise for the quality of that video Lewis, ..... it's really very good, .... much better than a lot of others I've seen!

Barry.
tonkatruck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Well done lewis ! But next time you go get yourself off to tesco had get a pack of pampers mega size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very good photos ! director  lurk
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I not see this post earlier ???

great video Lewis...

And that was "non-damaging" in so far as I have not damaged anything that I can see  Laughing

Bash plates are bashed to hell and back !!  Laughing

paint needs a polish !
REDNECK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 21:36    Post subject: Re: Offroading - Corwen, Wales, 11th Feb 2007 Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:

My Bashplate Crying or Very sad

Methinks a bash plate mod is required there  Wink
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10785

Also be sure to check your oil filters, mine was chafing on the plate after i dented it like that and began to drip oil.

Looks like you had great fun, can we tempt you down to Bristol  Question
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14064

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 23:29    Post subject: Re: Offroading - Corwen, Wales, 11th Feb 2007 Reply with quote

REDNECK wrote:
Methinks a bash plate mod is required there  Wink

Agreed!  It also needs a rear bashplate.  Mine got ripped off altogether and is now probably being used as a sledge by the local sheep. Laughing

REDNECK wrote:
Looks like you had great fun, can we tempt you down to Bristol  Question

Hmm!  Lets put it this way:  I 'sort of' work at the Regimental HQ of the Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding), in Halifax. The day before your mud bashing day, 31st March,  the last set of Colours that were taken out of service in 2001 will be paraded through Halifax, by the Regiment and Drummers, to be laid up in Halifax Parish Church.  An event that will never happen again, as the regiment has now been merged with three others to form the Yorkshire Regiment.

Lots of old and not so old comrades in arms of mine will be there.  After the parade there is a Buffet in the Town Hall, followed by a P**s up in the local NALGO club and any pub around we find with their doors still open.  One of our Regimental Motto's is 'First in Last Out'.

A Honorary Colonel of the Regiment (Charles Dent) is the managing director of Timothy Taylors Brewery.  So somehow I doubt I will be fit to drive to Bristol, or anywhere for a week after that lot? Wink

PS: My new bashplates :D :

edited on 2010-12-29 to correct broken photobucket links

ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:02; edited 1 time in total
REDNECK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say no more  drunken  drunken  drunken  puke_r  puke_r

No Deli anymore, Mk2 Pajero instead, 2" suspension and body lift, 35's, twin winches etc
crazychris1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 19:43    Post subject: cool pics Reply with quote

red faces landrover  tow by a Delica Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: