Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

trouble starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 17:30    Post subject: trouble starting Reply with quote

Came across a problem the other day and thought you may like to hear about it,

As i went to start my van after work turned the key and nothing happened, at first i thought maybe something had drained the battery and it didn't have enough power to start, had all the lights on the dash but nothing when i turned the key anyway, as i have breakdown cover with my insurance i called them up for help, they came in half an hour and quickly established that my batteries were fine!

Turns out that for some reason the small cable from the ignition to the starter had no juice to it, as i have a turbo timer fitted we thought this may be the problem (not the case I'm afraid!)

As it was getting dark the mechanic pulled a small cable from his van attached it to the starter and then touched the battery with the other end problem solved!! at least temporarily any way,

Before he left the mechanic explained how to fix the problem without any major headaches, I now have a push button start similar to racing cars and due to the fact it is totally separate from the ignition also doubles up as an extra security device to keep my motor safe.

total cost to fit pukka ignition £15.00 for the necessary parts and about an hour to fit job done !!

Anybody who would like a push button start for their vehicle and isn't sure how to do it just ask and ill be happy to tell you how its done.

Jay (the mad geordie) Twisted Evil

Delica 2.5 td 1991
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 17:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: