4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

off roading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 17:11    Post subject: off roading Reply with quote

Does anyone know of anywhere i can take my Delica for a nice run off road ? I have looked for a few suitable places but had no joy and this is rather frustrating as i Can't get to see the true potential of my van.

If anyone knows of suitable sights around the gosport area (hampshire) then all ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

cheers people Jay Twisted Evil (the mad geordie)

Delica 2.5 td 1991 big bad beastie!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 17:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep a look out on the Pocuk Events posts: http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2
There are loads of events that go on around the Salisbury plain and area etc. There's also stuff in Surrey etc. Often the same events are posted in our 'Events' section as well... Wink
Go on... Get it MUDDY... You know you want too Twisted Evil

PS. Check out the treasure hunt on the 12th Sept. That's an excellent beginners event Wink : http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17925

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any recommened mod's or equipment for taking the Delica off road?
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rule two for beginners is do not venture too far off-road by yourself. It is wise to buy a good proper tow rope/strop with shackles etc. Keep a good spade on board. Wellies are good Wink . A stout piece of plywood to spread the load of the jack if whoa betide you get a puncture on soft ground. Obviously a whacking great winch, ground anchors etc would also be nice. If I know I'm going to do hard off-roading I will take my hi-lift jack + a small hand winch. Go on one of the club off road days is the best way to get acquainted with it. Make it known you're a novice and the leaders will take care of you and guide you etc.
There are loads of sites out there. Try this one: http://www.offroadroutes.net/Pages/overview_guide/overview.asp

Oh and by the way, Rule one is Have fun Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: