Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Heater Illumination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 22:28    Post subject: Heater Illumination Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm fed up with fumbling about in the dark trying to adjust my heater. Are the controls supposed to illuminate when the lights are on?

The LED's that tell you which button is pressed in work okay, but thats all.

I have half the dash out at the moment fitting a new radio and doing one or two other bits and bobs, but i don't want to pull the heater controls out to change the bulb if there ain't supposed to be one!

Cheers

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 22:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave do you mean the bit thats red/blue and the bit that has the heater speeds on it ? if so then yes it should illuminate sort of illuminates through the red/blue and the heater speed setting I've just been out and checked it ,and its bloomin cold out there too not sure what bulb types they are tho,but if you find out could you post back so we can add it to the tech faq ? hope that helps all the best

Marc 8)

Dave M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marc, that's exactly what I meant. Presumably the symbols on the top row of buttons are supposed to light up as well.

I've been having a look this afternoon. I think the only way to get at the bulbs is to disconnect the control cables at the back of the heater unit and take it out altogether.

Now I know theres summat in there to fix, I'll have a go at it. I could take a few snaps as I do it if you think it may be useful? Let ya know what I find.

D
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines the other way round, all the lights work except the two that spose to light when pushed it Rolling Eyes

Another job to do when I take the radio out Rolling Eyes
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
kenr1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 0:51    Post subject: bulbs Reply with quote

Hi there.
I done mine last week, The heater panal only has two small bulbs in it, The only place I could find them was Maplin catalogue page 536.
The good thing is they do red green blue or yellow (I did mine blue for a change) and cost 29p each.

Now the bad bit I had to take the heater panel right out to get to the bulbs, which means taking off the two heater control cables, NOT EASY.
Once you have if off look at the back and you will see the two gray bulb holders, you will need a screw driver to release them and some long nose pliers to get them out (they are set about 3" down with no room for fingers. Once out replace them and try to put it all back together.

Just to let you know (if you don't) the OE bulbs are only green because they have a green cover on them so changing the colour of your dash is not a problem apart from the temp and clock which have green glass in them, but I don't notice them now the rest of the dash is lit blue,

Sorry this is a bit long but at least you will know what bulbs to get unlike me driving about for a week with no heater.
Thanks Ken
Dave M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that Ken. I'll pick up some bulbs from Maplins on Friday and do the deed over the weekend !!

Incidentally, I've been using an outfit in Ilkeston near Derby called Vehicle Wiring Products. They do a very good on-line/fax/mail order service for all sorts of auto elec bits. Their site is worth a look.

http://www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

Dave
alan S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also from me Ken

as ours just died, panel gets a bit dark when they all go out

Regards
Alan
Silver delivered
It's not DELICAte
founding member? of the rollover group
kenr1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 23:43    Post subject: bulb type Reply with quote

Your most welcome but I have just had a thought I never said which bulbs they are, if you look in the Maplin catalogue page 536 you will see them they are the ones with long thin wires on them, the order codes are:-
clear BT43W
red PG78K
green PG79L
blue PG80B
yellow PG81C

Just to let you know the blue look real good.
Thanks Ken
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave M wrote:
Thanks a lot for that Ken. I'll pick up some bulbs from Maplins on Friday and do the deed over the weekend !!

Incidentally, I've been using an outfit in Ilkeston near Derby called Vehicle Wiring Products. They do a very good on-line/fax/mail order service for all sorts of auto elec bits. Their site is worth a look.

http://www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

Dave

Cheers for the link dave thought i recognised the site its already in the useful links but under a diffrent url looked strangely familiar whilst i was looking around it lol none the less thanks matey

Marc

ticket man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 16:12    Post subject: re heater bulbs Reply with quote

has anyone got an adress for maplins Shocked :D
IanFJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ticketman

website address is http://www.maplin.co.uk

They have a store in many cities but I think the nearest for you is unfortunately Norwich!!

Cheers

IanJ
ticket man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 21:02    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

:D thanks for the info ian thanks from ian=b :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: