Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica Recalls (Japan based)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 13:24    Post subject: Delica Recalls (Japan based) Reply with quote

This is a list of Delica recalls from mits in japan,
Sambsam asked for them to be posted here for info to all us other Delica owners so we can sus out whats what.
Cheers Sam

The mitsubishi website addresses are as follows:
www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall/h150109/10905.html
www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall/h150701/10960.html
www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall/h120822/p0164.html
www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/NEWS/recall/h150902/10978.html

This may help with translation just copy and paste url then change from jap[ to english http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish

Atb Marc

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 13:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chiefie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

recall number2 on this page is the same as a cold start device recall on the uk shogun, number3 refers to a uk recall on the rear diff on a Space Gear(same faults on related cars). hope this helps anyone stuggling with the translations Smile
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefie wrote:
recall number2 on this page is the same as a cold start device recall on the uk shogun, number3 refers to a uk recall on the rear diff on a Space Gear(same faults on related cars). hope this helps anyone stuggling with the translations Smile

Many thanks for that chiefie
by the way Welcome to the club :D

Marc 8)

Ando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:16    Post subject: Recalls Reply with quote

Hi

I have on order a Delica from Japan (used import) but after looking at and translating the doc,s supplied previously in regard to recalls I am having second thoughts. I have thought about passing this onto the agent buying the car for me but looking at the lenght of the lists I am worried it would him with not much choice. I have checked a few Japanese websites http://www.hikariauto.co.jp/ and I see these models turning up all over the place. I really had my heart set on one of these beasts, any thoughts or encouragement please...

Andy G
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey and welcome to the club :D
I really wouldn't worry about the recall list as I'm 99% sure that any of the vehicles it concerns will have been recalled and repaired under the scheme,this post was purely as an info linkto show what units were recalled and for what reason,you could always get a chassis number and go to your local dealer and ask if they can check with mitsu in japan for you regarding the works.
So far I've not come across one member or otherwise that has suffered a failure of any description that relates to the recalls,so i really wouldn't worry matey ,sit back await the arrival of the ship and enjoy your new toy! I know for a fact youll be smiling from ear to ear whilst driving for a long long time! hope that puts your mind at ease,any further Qs then please ask away.hope that helps all the best

Marc 8)

Ando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:04    Post subject: Recall Reply with quote

Cheers for that,

I guess your right. Anyway there is simply no other people mover that comes close to the Delica. Hopefully I will have the car before the ski seasin ends. Thanks again

Andy G
dewy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ando, don't be put off by the list of recalls, any second hand motor or even new can have problems from time to time, these L400's really are supurb and will put up with a lot of abuse and if you have a problem they usually are a simple fix with plenty of help from knowledgeable people available from this site, plus nothing beats the thrill of driving the beasts there is just nothing that comes close. The most fun I have ever had on 4 wheels without doubt.
Indigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

give mitsi head office uk a ring, it took them several weeks to get back to me, but have confirmed that my Deli had no recalls in japan Smile i've put the number elsewhere on the forum Smile (sorry.. too lazy to look for it myself right now ;) )
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry about recalls,

ALL manufactures have recalls, if they are really serious they make the news, other than that they are all teething issues, and 99% will have been sorted during normal servicing, remember its in mitsi's interest to track down all affected vehicles, and seeing as Delicas are all over 3 years old I would relax, if in doubt contact the manufacturer to be sure they have a obligation to check it out import or not.

regards Mark
lucky steve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR if you really really wanna headache buy a brand new scania truck,,, that scania have spent millions of POUNDS ON DEVELOPING A NEW GEARBOX........ unfortunately when driving on full left lock it tries to select reverse  Shocked  Shocked  Question  Question  that coupled with all the rest of "advances made" means that a 10 yr old Delica should be pretty straight by now,,,, recalls an all   8)  8)  Laughing  Laughing
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangerover wrote:
Do not worry about recalls, ......... and seeing as Delicas are all over 3 years old I would relax,
regards Mark

Who's worried?  If you look at the dates on the postings above yours you will see the messages are over 2 years old. Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
chiefie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are still doing recalls on cars that are well over 3 years old, you will find on pocuk that most of their vehicles have had the pitman arm recall done, free of charge.
however it is in the owners interest to make sure there are no recalls outstanding as the colt car company(the uk's only official importer of mitsubishi's) do not have a list of vehicles unofficially imported, only the uk spec vehicles sold through main dealers Wink

to do this, get in touch with your local dealer with the chassis number, reg number, your name and adress and they will find out for you if there are any outstanding that uk dealers are autorised to carry out.

hth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: