Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

sva side lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:07    Post subject: sva side lights Reply with quote

can anyone please help with this
i went for a sva test and failed on the side lights because they were not visable from a forty five degree angle does anyone know how to modify them
thanks to all
regards bryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bryan and welcome to the club :D

Quote:
i went for a sva test and failed on the side lights because they were not visable from a forty five degree angle

This is the first time i have ever heard this in all the time I've known of delicas being imported and members via this and pocuks forums,to be honest matey i think hes talking absolute rollox :? So he or she as the case maybe,is saying at a 45 degree angle from the front of the vehicle the side lights in the indicator lense assy cannot be seen? that is utter rubbish,mine can be seen (okay reflective from lense)at a near 90degree angle.
I really don't mean this to sound as it will but are you aware there is a sidelight in the indicator lense assembly,as well as the headlights? Question

I would be very intrested to know the sva station for this as to me it seems a bit critical seeing as theres rather a large amount of delicas already within the uk and have already mostly passed and SVA or ESVA as the case maybe,I'm sure pete millis may be able to advise on this as he is au fait with the sva rules etc,theres a useful link in the sva section that goes to a pdf file I'm not sure if there will be anything in there that may help?

Sorry for rambling bryan i really hope between the members here we can advise and sort this one out and get you on the road,hope this helps atb

Marc 8)

hairyben

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

horlicks!

now gone Sad

merc vito 120- eaten 2 EGR's in 6k bandhead
bryan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

they say that if you walk in a straight line 3 meteres from the car and then 3 metres to the left that you should still be able to see the side light illuminated i assume
the test center was gillingham kent
regards bryan
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of front indicators having to be repositioned because of some inspectors being really picky. - if you stand 3 metres in front and to one side of the Deli you are supposed to be able to see the opposite indicator. Never known a prob with sidelights though.
If I were you I'd give someone like SVA UK in Southampton a call and see what they say about it. Also ay be worth you calling someone like JC Imports who do all their own SVA prep to see if they can advise.
Please post findings here though so they can go in the SVA section.
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, it could be a misinterpretation of the "3 metres in front and to one side" thing. If you walk 3 metres from the front centre line of the car, and then 3 meres to the side of the centre line then you CAN see the opposite light. If however you walk 3 metres from the front centre line, then 1 metre so you're level with the side of the car, and then a further 3 metres out to the side then you CAN'T see the opposite light. As far as I know the tester should do what I first said - i.e. walk 3 metres off the centre line.
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been reading the manual and it says this -: Horizontal 90deg outwards .......45deg inwards so if you can decifer that then the answer is there,personally i think hes talkin cr4p,they are easily visible ,unless hes short sighted that is Wink

Marc 8)

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they've done it wrong then for Bryan. 90 degrees outwards means standing at the side of the vehcile level with the front you should be able to see the indicator and side light. 45 degrees inwards means that if you stand at the left indicator, walk 3 metres out from it away from the front of the vehicle and then 3 metres across the front past the right indicator and sidelight you should still be able to see the left hand indicator and sidelight. And same for the right hand side indicator and sidelight.

Bryan, go back with a printout of the relevant section of the manual and challenge the tester. I think he's wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: