Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Speedo stick-on MPH sticker for SVA test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMarkuz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 18:09    Post subject: Speedo stick-on MPH sticker for SVA test Reply with quote

Hey, has anyone tried to cover the KPH speedo with one of the MPH Speedo Stickers sold on Ebay? I'm wondering just how difficult it would be to install it for an SVA test.

Thanks,
Mark :?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 18:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,and welcome to the club :D

Re your question,it depends on what model you have but if its the latter term L400 then theres full instructions of how to get to it here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=741 in all honesty tho if it is an L400 youd be better off spending a few more pounds and getting a chip conversion,that then transfers the speedo instantly to read mph and the odometer to read miles,altho a small adjustment would need to be remebered s whatever the reading is in Ks will stay the same when converted,it is possible to get the speedo to read the correct mileage but at a cost.
If you look here they do them for about £50 http://www.eliteinternational.net/ look on speed converters,as i say if its the L300 then I'm not sure how the speedo pod comes apart ,hopefully if it is someone can tell you,hope this helps all the best

Marc 8)

IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Marc said it'e all pretty straightforward on a 400, BUT be careful with the perspex that covers the dials - IT IS VERY EASY TO CRACK Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Anyone got a spare one?????? Shocked

Best of luck

IanJ
petemillis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT convert speedo on L400 using a replacement fascia plate. It's far toooo risky and not worth the cost saving. Chip is less than £40. I have recently bought a Delica at trade, with no warranty, only to find the rev counter does not work. Have tried to fins someone who can fix it as it was trashed by the guy who pulled the needle off to do the speedo conversion 9you need to pull needles for both speedo and rev counter). Have yet to find someone who can fix it and cheapest quote for new instrument panel is..... £800!!! What a feckin' pain in the anus.....

Do yourself a favour and convert using a chip. If you want one let me know and I can get one for you with a few quid off.
MrMarkuz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I am really glad I posted the question. I was just seeing a bunch of warning flags when I read that I had to remove the needle! Thanks for all the good info, and Pete I am interested in getting a chip and saving a few quid at the same time. Would you mind looking into getting one for me? I would appreciate it.
My Delica will be boarding the ship from Japan this Sunday, so with any luck I should have it within the next 4-6 weeks!!! :D :D

Thanks! Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: