4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Brake Caliper Slider bolts *WARNING* Please Read

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this, copperslip is an anti seize compound, its NOT a lubricant, good old LM grease is good enough for slide pins if nothing better is available.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Juno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done mine today, front and rear and i can deffo confirm that the copperslip is a big no no.  Used Molykote silicone grease (we use it on stainless nuts and bolts to stop galling)...Sweet as a nut now, thanks for the heads up on this cos i would have used copperslip as that what we always used in the garage in the 80s-90s.

Paul
Delidean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copperslip is evil!!! When used on sliders it seizes them up and it rots the rubber boots allowing water, mud and other crud to attack sliders too. I still use it on the backs of pads to stop squeel but make sure it won't get on any rubber parts. When i bought my Delica the sliders had been slipped and were seized both sides
mark3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copper slip has never been billed as a grease/lubricant so i really don't know why people use it for such purposes???

I started to use Mintex Ceratech brake grease, ittsl ike LM but much thicker and can take higher temperatures i expect, either way i had nothing but good results with it  :D
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a set of EBC pads and was impressed to see they contained the required brake grease. I was disappointed when I opened it to find it was more like copper slip. Decided against its use  Sad
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be fine if only used for greasing the lugs on the pads and the corresponding rebates in the calipers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: