Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Brake Caliper Slider bolts *WARNING* Please Read

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Silicon Grease ! Reply with quote

Hi
Just doing the Discs n pads on the old Delica, bit a nightmare really. (see Front Disc Removal)
all okay apart from a welded in slider bolt.  Ended up drilling the bugga, but theres another story.

Got some Silicon Grease from Motorist Discount Centre, £1.25 for a little tube.
Sorted it a treat, nice and slidy . . . as they say!

Just my thoughts on the matter of, to Copper or not to Copper . . . .

Cheers all . . .  Wink
Autograss Race Mini - what is it about mud!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

peter100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello new to this site
I have a 94 Royal exceed and have just removed the near side front calliper after it began sticking, i intend to replace the slider bolts with new one`s, which one goes in the top hole as one has a rubber tip and the other does not.
Any help would be appreciated.
peter100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, great site.

Regards Peter
Timpers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:02    Post subject: Silicon Grease Reply with quote

Hi
Again great info on this thread!!

My brakes are all sorted now !!!  

Just a quick one, I got a load of silicon grease sachets from a bloke that works for the electricity board.

He had loads in a drawer in the back of his van !

They use it for putting joints n stuff together. As they say . . . stop 'n' ask, you never know!
worzel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:09    Post subject: sliding brake pin Reply with quote

i have got the same prblem with the off side bottom sliding pin ceased and snapped off, i have left it in there for a week whilst the new one turns up and then wil have to drill the remainder of the old pin out of the cast housing, anyone else had to do this and was it successful? cheers guys
Timpers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59    Post subject: Caliper Repair Reply with quote

Hi
Yes I had exactly the same problem when I changed the caliper on Delica Joe.
A friend of mine works at a place where they re-build on race cars, he drilled a hole in the back of the carrier - NOT the caliper -
and then used a hydraulic press to add increasing pressure to the stuck bolt.  We used another bolt about a 10/12mm, lots of spray stuff, and then with an almighty bang and lots of childish giggling it popped out!!

Don't Forget your SILICON GREASE, as I said in an earlier post, I got a load from a chap in an southern electric van, he had stacks in a drawer in the back . . . .

Cleaned it all up and put a gromit over the hole - sorted - back on the road and still fine!!!

You may find an easier way!

Cheers
stevedon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use aluminium grease as it does not react as copper does ie wurth AL1100
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevedon wrote:
you can use aluminium grease as it does not react as copper does ie wurth AL1100

See:- http://www.wurth.co.uk/catalogue/pdfs/UK-CD_05_0025.pdf

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
TRICK-1948

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:20    Post subject: coperslip Reply with quote

hi all I was a marine engineer and around the decking on ship`s  ex I used coperslip all the time with N/P I also worked on injection moulding machine`s with very high temp with no problem`s, most people that do use coperslip around on there car can always`s remove the bolt`s or nut`s, having tried to get info from mitsi I would say they don't want you to use it so you end up buying part`s from them, and it`s true like all job`s you always`s make sure it`s all clean I personally have never had any problem`s using it so will keep on  LOL.

trick
annek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59    Post subject: OMG - PERHAPS THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME! Reply with quote

Knowing that my brake pads were getting low, after some further mileage I noticed them starting to squeal a bit.. after getting a couple of extremely hectic weeks with work out of the way, I drove straight to a garage with my replacement brakes and stated my problems (being the brakes).. they thought there was another problem with knocking somewhere, but having checked it out said it was the brakes, and that they could fit my brakes no problem.. I left the car then but upon return was told that one of the brake calipers had 'seized' and that they had managed to unseize it in their vice and refitted it.. I also noticed that the new brake pads are covered in something that is definitely 'copper' looking... I then drove the next day back off to one of my work site visits (20 ish miles), to find my brakes stinking and smoking!!!! Shocked    Went to Kwikfit, who wouldn't touch them to repair but did have a look and said similar, caliper seized.  Car now stationery..  Rolling Eyes

Welcome advice anyone on best course of action.. anyone think my calipers now need replacing or might there be hope for fixing?   Smile

I serviced my Deli for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago, so proud!.. but sadly that's where my knowledge ends ... Wink
tttonyyy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just changed my rear pads and one of the caliper pins was siezed.  One pad totally worn and the other almost untouched!  Eventually extracted it and yup, you guessed it - copper grease  :?  Cleaned it all off the pin and out of the caliper, replaced with lithium grease and it seems to be happy again now.
tommycockles99

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fitted new pads to mine last week, the pins were copperslipped up and came out easily i put a generous amount back on when i reassembled it.

Thats what copperslip was designed for i wouldn't use anything else!!!!
Dippar steve

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 16:37    Post subject: Re: Brake Caliper Slider bolts *WARNING* Please Read Reply with quote

I had it happen to me ,we got round buying a new one by cuting the top of the caliper and bolt inside and welding it back up and welding a new pice of rod to old bolt. I have brakes now .. better than I ever had.[quote="Marc"]Right guys and gals read through a few different posts and I've noticed on a couple that people when reasembling the brake caliper slider bolts they have smeared them with copper slip,if you have done this then REMOVE it ASAP  Shocked  the slip can in fact (and does) cause the slider to seize solid and if your not lucky enough to unseize it will lead to a new carrier or caliper,below is a wuote from a mitsubishi mechanic (who is a member here and at our sister site pocuk) who also worked for lockhead for 5 yrs,i would hate to see anyone having repiared the motor and put copper ease/slip on there sliders only for them to seize solid and cause numerous problems,
Dane

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 22:33    Post subject: slider bolts Reply with quote

hi all
what is the part numbers for the front slider bolts as one or mine is a bit bent
and where is the best place to get them.
cheers Dane
RATTLESHACK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 13:15    Post subject: siezed caliper Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a siezed caliper on the offside rear, i put it into my usual garage and asked them to replace the caliper.

Unfortunately they could not source a replacement in the Glasgow area.

My questions are 1/does any one have any opinions , good or bad ,on the Milner off road pattern part and 2/

repair kits are they worthwhile and where do i get one?

Many thanks
iain
John64
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 13:23    Post subject: Re: slider bolts Reply with quote

Dane wrote:
hi all
what is the part numbers for the front slider bolts as one or mine is a bit bent
and where is the best place to get them.
cheers Dane

I've had a set of them form Milners, All okay here.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=11429

Each to their own i think.
                  "CELER ET AUDAX"
gareth.pawan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again very useful tips and information - thanks guys.
valleyman2011

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 18:04    Post subject: BRAKES AND COPPER SLIP Reply with quote

Thanks this was invaluable information for me.
I am new here and to my Mitsubishi Space Gear (Jasper) Delica 2.8 TD.  L400  4x4 Automatic Wagon.

Mine needs 2 new front disk Brakes, Pads and front caliper duel-cylinder has sizzled. I am going to Matlock to the scrapyard to see if they have any spare parts,
I think they are (M-R57W)...!!! Any help welcome.
I will fit them myself with NO copper-slip..
Warmest regards, Thanks
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get any from the scrappy you are right up near Milner 4X4 and they stock all the bits.
Myself for brakes I always use new parts.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your caliper has gone then get a 'Blue Print' replacement, which has new bolts, clips, dust boots, lower sliding pin grommet and silicone grease included:-

Also see these posts:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36472

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Wed Aug 24, 2016 15:29; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: