2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Electrical help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macpingu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 18:51    Post subject: Electrical help needed Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Need some help over here please . . . . Sad

Just found today that the rear lights are not working, although the brake lights are.

Checked and found a blown fuse, replaced and keeps blowing every time I put a new fuse in. Also noticed that the dash is not lighting up with side lights switched on.

Checked the side light bulbs front and rear, all seems to be well. Disconnected and traced the front fogs, no joy.

All the other toys seem to still work. Just the rear lights.

Can anyone confirm that the wiring loom (thanks Pete) runs down the right hand side behind the trim? Or can anyone point me in another direction?

Cheers in advance. I obviously need to get this sorted sharpish. (Local mitsi dealer didn't ring me back Twisted Evil )
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 18:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

HSTDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would initially start by disconnecting both rear light units and then switching on - if fuse does not blow, fault is in one of the light units. then reconnect one at a time retesting between each one, this will indicate which is faulty.

If fuse still blows with light units disconnected, suspect the loom, especially where it enters/exits body/chassis holes. The least likely, but possible is that the fault lies in the dash panel.

HTH
Chris
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sounds like a good approach by Chris, as for the dash not lighting up, thats due to it always being on the same fuse as the rear light ,so if the rear lights blow a fuse you know straight away because the dash lights go out.

Just had a thought, Have you fitted any accessories, radio, ect. recently.
I had a simular problem with a pickup I had, ended up calling auto-electrician out to fix it only to find out 10 mins later and £60 lighter that I had bared one of the wires when fiiting a stero.

Hope thats some help.

Mark.

Chunkey monkey
Worx monkey
Twice the fun !
Mantained & Modded By SVS 01202821222
Marcus Bloke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sounds like a good approach by Chris, as for the dash not lighting up, thats due to it always being on the same fuse as the rear light ,so if the rear lights blow a fuse you know straight away because the dash lights go out.

Just had a thought, Have you fitted any accessories, radio, ect. recently.
I had a simular problem with a pickup I had, ended up calling auto-electrician out to fix it only to find out 10 mins later and £60 lighter that I had bared one of the wires when fiiting a stero.

Hope thats some help.

Mark.

Chunkey monkey
Worx monkey
Twice the fun !
Mantained & Modded By SVS 01202821222
macpingu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips! :D

Well, finally we got to the bottom of the problem. And it tooks hours :? well about 16 hours solid to be more precise.

Turned out to be a chaffed wire under the belly pan that carries the loom to the rear of the vehicle, (okay, so one of the darn looms that runs to the rear!!!) This was after I presumed that the guy who installed the radio for me had caused the fault in the first place. Embarassed

Never in my life have I seen so many looms in one vehicle, let alone so many that change colour in the middle of nowhere!

Thanks those of you who answered my frantic phone calls asking where things were - you know who you are Wink

At least one good thing came of it though - I now know where to go to change any bl00dy bulb in the thing now!!!!!

Anyone mention a loom to me again and I reckon I'll be locked up for involuntary manslaughter!!!!! Wink

Thanks all once again.
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you will go and buy these weird and wonderful jap imports Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustySparks wrote:
Well you will go and buy these weird and wonderful jap imports Twisted Evil Laughing

Oh, and you lot had nothing to do with any persuasion whatsoever ? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: