4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

'Regular' Somerset/Devon meet

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 18:40    Post subject: wheres the pics? Reply with quote

Hiya - thanks for meeting up and having a very interesting evening - has anyone posted any pics ? if so, where do I find them?

Cheers

www.ratingsolutions.co.uk
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 18:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 18:42    Post subject: sooooooooooooo Reply with quote

whens our next meet and where? any ideas?

I am up for a week end away somehere localish....
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob - I put a few pictures from the meet in the Club event pictures and reviews section. I do have a few more pictures which Lewis doctored for us which magically remove the Fusion in the line up! Will put them on sometime as I need Mick's help to get them from my emails to the forum! Embarassed Mick has to go into hospital next week for an op but if no-one else has organised anything by the time he's feeling better (hopefully in a few weeks) then we'll see about arranging another meet then. Perhaps if anyone has any other suggestions of a place to meet you could put them on here and see what the feedback is.
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay - anyone fancy meeting up again? 2nd week in September onwards would be best for us so as not to make it too short notice, plus avoiding our holiday and the New Forest meet! 8)   Was everyone happy with the Blackbrook? I did have one request for perhaps moving further towards Devon but I don't know any suitable pubs and it also depends on how far everyone else wants to travel? Opinions and suggestions please? Question Wink   Kathryn
Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 21:14    Post subject: devon/somerset meet Reply with quote

Yep up for another meet...getting used to car now. Having fuel pump chcked out as I think my fuel consmption is abit heavy. So September meet will give me time to sort things out with garage and try it out. I was quoted £600 to remove pump and rebuild, calibrate it and refit. (5 hours work apparently). Anyway I digress.

the pub was fine, plenty of parking spaces but it would be nice to try another pub.

I know of a old country pub at Rattery where the owner has a Mitis car. Plenty of parking - beer garden or inside pub is lovely. I could have a word with him on a particular date. Friday nights the Local's come in.

Rattery is near South Brent. Its a village close to A38 down a narrow road (about a mile)

If thats too far down I can go in hunt of others close to A38.
Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 21:25    Post subject: as an after thought Reply with quote

Willing to go more up M5 if you want - I am sure there are some nice Somerset pubs near Taunton and Bridgewater/Highbridge - think there are some on old A38 at Highbridge with large car park - Can't remember name though.

Anyway food for thought - talking of food make sure that the pub serves food please - won't have time for a meal before I set off unless of course its a Saturday evening meet or there is a Mcdonalds on route.
Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks - time in pushing on....can we have some ideas please. Our diaries will soon be full and then we will miss out! So any dates/location?
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly Bob - last time it seemed to work just to pick a time and a place and we had quite a good turnout in the end!  I have also found what looks like a nice pub near Wellington, which is about 15 mins further towards Devon on the M5 if you're interested.  Does a Friday still suit you or anyone else? Perhaps the 8th or the 15th September?
Bobbybiscuit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

15th please - will be there about 8.30pm (have to go home to plymouth from torquay where I work ) and pick up motley crowd. be there about 8.30pm - just give me the directions and i will find it - post code will be useful - will put it on sat nav.
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, in the absence of any other opinions, shall we make it the 15th.  We'll aim to be there by 8pm.  The pub we were thinking of is called The World's End Shocked, I think at West Buckland.  I'll find out the precise address and postcode, but it will be about 5-10 mins from junction 26 of the M5.  We'll do a reccie in the meantime to check it out more thoroughly and of course anyone else who wants to come is welcome! :D
musculeman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
      We might be able to make this one, i'll just have to confirm a bit later.

PETE
Bouncing Deli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I may very well be up for this one . Will keep a watch and let you know closer to the day .

Harvey
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we went to The Worlds End today (figuratively speaking) and had a pleasant lunch.  It seems to aim quite a bit at the food market but still good for a drink (they appear to have several "different" bottled beers/ales, but I'm no expert).  Most main courses were in the region of £8-ish or less for those interested in eating there.   It has a very large car park and some tables outside, with a couple of gazebos.  There is no childrens play area.  
I mentioned to one of the bar staff that we might be turning up and she suggested booking a table to be on the safe side, since its a Friday and they may be fairly busy.  Bob, and anyone else, if you definitely want to eat then let us know how many of you there will be and I'll book a table for at least that number and if more people turn up then I'm sure we'll find space.  If the weather's good we'll try to take over one of the groups of tables under a gazebo!  I'm sure they won't mind if we move outside.  Let me know if you think the pub still sounds okay and I'll give them a ring during the next week.
musculeman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mick & Kathryn
                        Sounds good to us. Just need some directions, see you there.

PETE, ALISON, JULIE & KELLY
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - directions:-
The address for those of you with Sat Nav is The Worlds End, Bradford-on-Tone, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 1ET.  You leave the M5 at junction 26 (I think signposted Wellington).  If travelling from north (from Taunton direction) then take the 4th exit off the roundabout and if travelling from south (from Exeter) then take 2nd exit signposted West Buckland. Follow the lane into the village and at T junction turn left.  Follow this road out of the village (you will pass village hall on right) and the pub is further along on the right.  You will approach from the rear of the pub and arrive at the car park entrance first.  If you get to the T junction you've gone too far! Wink  I'm assuming everyone will be using M5 but if not then let me know and I will give alternative directions.
jamarie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybiscuit where in torquay do you work?
hillbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,I will be there on Friday,2 of us,is anyone booking table as we would like to eat.
   See you there Bill
Aweeka
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill - yes, I am planning to book a table.  I thought Bobbybiscuit also wanted to eat and was hoping he'd let us know how many were coming but I guess if I at least go ahead and book a table for yourselves and us then it'll make sure there is a table available! :D
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE should be coming along too, if nithing gets in the way.

See you

IanJ & Joan
IanFJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction!

Won't be able to make it due to having a slipped disc, currently stoned on codeine so best not to drive.

Next time for sure, have fun!

IanK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: