Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Ettington Garage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 15:42    Post subject: Ettington Garage Reply with quote

Well...bought my Deli about a week ago after finding it on autotrader online.  Had to take it back today to get some silly little things sorted out, things that should have been picked up on the vehicle Prep....BUT....there was absolutely no quibbling about the things being sorted, and Mark the owner and his staff have been Really Friendly and most Helpful all along. The things that could be fixed today were, in very quick time the heated rear window switch was found to be faulty, so they've ordered me one. Not only that, but I got one of the best cups of coffee I've had for ages    Laughing

So, me Happy Bunny again. :D   And (not wanting to tempt fate!  Shocked )I'm pleased to say that I can recommend Ettington Garage http://www.ettingtongarage.co.uk/

I'll keep you posted if anything else crops up Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 15:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rebelrider4711

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 20:17    Post subject: Female charm? Reply with quote

Laughing Foxy, it is not because of your female charm is it? Wink you women know how to deal with us blokes Twisted Evil  Regards Franklyn...

Delica exceed Star Wagon 2.5 TD Auto 4x4 1993
   Green over gold .........................Cool......
        Low roof, Roofrack, Rear Ladder            S.W.B.  L300 / bike  Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar. 2002
Foxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Very much doubt it! Don't think I Have any!  Crying or Very sad  Wink
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 18:18    Post subject: Re: Ettington Garage Reply with quote

Foxy wrote:
So, me Happy Bunny again. :D   Wink

Happy bunny with Groovy teddy =

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Foxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis, did you actaully film that?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxy wrote:
Lewis, did you actaully film that?

Nope! Its a Blaupunkt advert, banned in the UK.  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Foxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm starting to get really p*$$ed off.  okay...so they're nice people.  ..but....Fog lights wired in to be permanently ON no matter what...went back...(diesel and time at my cost!), they did fix and were friendly about it....told me they'd have to order a hrw switch....

Got back from the garage (this was ages ago..by the way...) and a few days later found that the switch for the rear fogs was now okay, but they've killed the front fogs! My sunroof wouldn't shut the other day! (they were supposed to fix that....)and of course..it was just starting to rain LOL...a few swear words and a yank got it closed.  I know there's a few other things too....but...I'm trying not to think of it all! okay...it's only little niggles...but...what sort of a garage passes a vehicle with Fog Lights switche dpermanently on...wash wipe blocked etc etc.....  sorry this isn't particlualry clear...am a bit stressed for more than one reason..and am struggling with only one eye...

Wish me luck with the phone call!    Evil or Very Mad
Foxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay...just rang him...  Perhaps I'm being alittle harsh...He was really nice..said he'd look into the switch...and call me back......

(it's just all these stupid little things that shoul dhave been checked BEFORE i took the damn thing home....ah well....it's only time and money.ha.)
rebelrider4711

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o  Foxy wrote: a few swear words and a yank. don't those americans get everywhere?  Foxy, see you at the West Midlands Meet 25/2/2007  1030am.    Regards Franklyn... Razz

Low roof, Roofrack, Rear Ladder            S.W.B.  L300 / bike  Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar. 2002
Foxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
am now Totally p*ssed of with this guy.  Has always appeared helpful ....BUT....bought the Deli, this guy agreed to fix the sunroof etc before I bought it.  I trusted him. Bad Move! Vehicle now been back Twice costing 2 days off work not to mention diesel costs and Freezing our a*ses off in his refridgerator er..."waiting room", for Stupid little things that should have been done BEFORE the vehicle was ever released! This car should NOT have passed it's MOT (done by them..ha....).  Minor stuff, but VERY annoying! Every single time this guys promises stuff and we are left chasing and chasing him (yes....being fair to him, he IS busy...and they Are minor things BUT...this stuff should have been fixed FIRST AS PROMISED). Rear fog light was installed so that it was permanently on (how the H*ll did THAT pass an MOT?) Washer jets blocked, sunroof fails to shut (great when it's raining...not), loads of other silly Annoying stuff that was promised to be fixed.  First time Deli went back to get the fog light switch Working...I came back and found they'd disconected the front fogs! Shoddy Work and I wouldn't trust them to fix a toy car.........

This guy KNOWs I NEED to sell this vehicle and cannot do so because of his Shoddy Work.

I COULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS GARAGE.  Evil or Very Mad
rebelrider4711

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxy, why don't you contact trading standards, let them sort it out. Inform the garage that you intend to contact them. Hope all goes well, regards Franklyn... Rolling Eyes

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also be inclined to advise VOSA that a garage is selling vehicles they had MOT'd that are not fit to pass the test.  They would then take independant action to check out some of their vehicles themselves.  Which may lead to the their authorised status to be taken away.

See:- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_4022113

RE: disconnecting front fogs.  On purchase I found that my rear foglight had been wired in incorrectly and that it was at odds with the mainbeams when the front fogs were switched on.  I swapped the foglight switch wiring to the correct terminals, which cured the problem. You will need to have a play under the dash to get them right.  

If you were closer than Nott's I'd sort your sunroof out for you, as I ended up taking mine out and stripping the motor down, which now works normally, its not a difficult process, just fiddly, but I'm good at fiddling with things!  Laughing

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: