Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

speedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj436

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 14:55    Post subject: speedo Reply with quote

hiya folks

when i bought my Deli i was told it had been converted from kmh to mph but the trip and counter is still in km ??????

do you recon it has been converted or was i lied to!

if it has/hasn't how can i get the trip/counter in miles????

cheers

:?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 14:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club!

If the speedo itself has got two sets of markings on it (for MPH around the outside and KMH around the inside) then it's been converted by changing the face plate. In this instance the odometer will still give you distance in km.
If it's only got one set of markings (in MPH) and a sticker over where the original kmh marking was, then it's been converted with a chip, and the odometer will record in miles as well.

If it's only got one set of markings on the dial, and it still says kmh, then it's not been converted.
Mr Bean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If it's only got one set of markings (in MPH) and a sticker over where the original kmh marking was, then it's been converted with a chip, and the odometer will record in miles as well.

Pete, mine has had the chip done. Do you know if its possible to get a face so it shows Km as well as I'm intending on driving over in France early next year?
Regards,
Nick
mj436

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 13:09    Post subject: speedo Reply with quote

cheers pete

the speedo has a little sticker over the k but i got told that the digital counter/trip was still in km???

Rolling Eyes
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey
If it has a little bit of tape over the K then it is reading mph and has been chipped (most likely)if this is the case the odometer and trip meter will be displaying miles not kilometers easy way to test is along side a car with a known mph / mile speedo and travel the same distance to see if they are the same,but if the black tape is there then id bet that it has been chipped,NB if it has been chipped the speedo will continue to show miles fom the point it was chipped so if it was chipped at 60thou km it will now show 60thou miles altho not true account of distance covered,the other way of checking if its been chipped or not is to have a look at the back of the speedo pod,there should be a little black box with 3 cables i think it is from it one blue one yellow one red or was there a black in there as well :? anyway you would know it when you saw it ,to remove the pod look here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=741 hopefully that helps you out a bit all the best......

Marc 8)

petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh MJ, maybe that's what the seller meant - the distance showing on the trip meter is the number of km the vehicle has done up to the time it was converted.

Mr Bean, I would attempt to change the speedo face if I were you. It would be possible to remove it and replace with an aftermarket kmh and mph one, but you'd have to remove the converter chip which will put your odo back to km. This is pretty risky as it's all too easy to trash the instruments which will end up costing you £800! Best bet might be to just put some numbers on the dial in the places correspnding to say 50kmh, 80kmh, 100kmh, 120kmh.

Did I tell you - I'm going to France as well?!!! I'll do the conversion in my head though. 40mph to kmh = 40 x 1.6, or easier is 4 x 16 = 64kmh. Just like that!
Mr Bean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was thinking about doing it in my head as well until this thread came up.
I'm still not sure when we're going as we are using someones chalet which is at Chapelle d'Abondance which is close to Chatel (15mins) and Morzine (20mins) but it will be in January. I know you're going to the Alps as well. I would like to pick your brains before we go about preparation such as - do you think snow chains will be required etc. Maybe a separate thread?
Mr Bean
PS I just saw the Delica article in the April 4X4 mag - I didn't realise you have had your allotted lifetimes quota of 5 mins of fame already! :D
petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fame several times now! Want to do a film next.....
numptys numnuts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedo is £417.21 + VAT courtesy of Doug if you blow it up and the shipping is 4 weeks Mad

KD-PE8W-HSEXF 2 H81E
(It's a Beast from the East)
Rolled off Production 03/02/95
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: