4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 EGR mod (Photo Version)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 17:06    Post subject: L300 EGR mod (Photo Version) Reply with quote

Originally posted by Bruce "Mystery Machine" on POCUK (before we had our own site!)

Mystery Machine wrote:
Following AndyC's informative instructions, http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5260 I had a go at fitting the blanking plate (prototype) this weekend (AND SUCCEEDED!!  )

If like me, you're more of a visual person, instruction cause more headscratching than progress - so I took piccies of the job (On an L300) so that between Andy's thread & this one, there's no reason not to have a go!! If some of my comments are the same as Andy's, I do apologise, it's just that he wrote it so well!  

Tools I used:

12mm socket (short extension handy!)
10mm socket
10mm open ended or ring spanner
Short (stubby) crosshead screwdriver
Wide flat bladed screwdriver
AndyC's instructions  
(Oh - & some WD40!)

Here we go:

Lift up engine cover & hold open.

Slide drivers seat forward and peel back carpet to expose air filter cover. Remove wingnut (in RED) & remove cover.

Using 10mm socket OR stubby screwdriver, loosen the hose clip (in RED) and pull of end of rubber hose from air filter housing.

From the engine bay, loosen the other 2 hose clips (in RED) A 10mm ring spanner might need to be used for the one on the right because space is tight!! From drivers side, remove the rubber hose by gently twisting & pulling.
Next, using a 12mm socket, undo the two bolts (in BLUE) that hold the metal pipe down. In order to get to the right hand bolt, pull off the breather pipe from the top of the engine (in GREEN) and leave it off until the end.
In order to remove the metal pipe, unclip the hose from its two clips (in YELLOW) to give you more space to move it!

I had GREAT difficulty removing the metal pipe - it was stuck solid to the rubber hose! (in RED) If this is the same for you, lever a flat screwdriver under the lip of the hose to break the join & use WD40 to free it up (try not to knacker your knuckles up as much as I did!!  )

If you haven't already, remove the breather pipe from the top of the engine (I had to anyway to get to the nut holing the metal pipe)

When removing the metal pipe, I accidentally pulled of this pipe (in RED) from the end of 'another' valve! If this happens to you, make sure you push it fully back on before putting everything back together!

From the drivers side, use a flat bladed screwdriver to CAREFULLY pop out the four plastic lugs that hold the rubber 'curtain' in place (in RED) I lost one (pinged off SOMEWHERE never to be found!) so be careful!

Now you can get to the EGR valve, where you will need a 12mm socket to remove these two bolts (in RED) When the bolts are removed, carefully pull the valve back (towards the left as seen in the photo) and remove the thin gasket. If the valve is oily (as mine was!!!  ) clean the surfaces where the gasket was sat, then insert the new blanking plate in it's place.

Make sure the blanking plate is in the right place, then insert the two bolts and tighten them up. You can JUST make out the shiny blanking plate between the oily valve and even more oily inlet manifold!!  (in RED)
Once tightened, clean up the valve & manifold if you desire (although I didn't bother - I just wanted to get in & have a cuppa 'cause I was FROZEN!!)  

In good ol' Haynes stylie, re-assembly is the reverse of the above steps!  

When finished, make sure ALL pipes are properly connected and nothing has been left loose.

Close up the covers, get in & DRIVE!!  

Hope this helps those who are thinking of doing the job?

Regards,

Bruce.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 17:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: